What's new

Is tide turning finally ? Angry mob sets ablaze house of Lashkar operative in Kashmir

who did I insult, I just want fair representation of all communities in a million strong army. Dont tell me all that 'we want the bravest the best and the brightest' crap, we just need them to be good enough.

Fair representation only happens when you apply Army recruitment and try your best.Our Sikh Community like our army.They got a lot of application from Punjab .So in process their representation is too high compared to others.Do you know the present problem experienced by Army?Indians from other parts particularly South Indians dont prefer a carrier in Indian Army.So application or interest from this area is drastically reducing .Because peoples from here like white collar jobs or Gulf .Lot of money in short time ,return to mother land that is their policy.
And you can see it ,lot of shortage of Indian Army officers.

Last edited:
Oh wow, am I meant to be impressed?

I'll let you continue living in your dream world where Pakistan is some sort of Islamic haven where all the Ummah must flock to.

It doesn't matter what I think.

What matters here is what the Kashmiris think and many of them don't want to be with India.

@hinduguy You're failing to grasp what I am stating. That a certain community happens to overwhelmingly apply ergo more members of said community make it through. That's just statistics, IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT AS A WHOLE A SINGLE COMMUNITY IS MORE SUITABLE FOR COMBAT THAN OTHERS OR THAT THE IA DOES NOT DEEM APPLICANTS FROM ANY OTHER COMMUNITY AS FIT TO SERVE.

I know a punjabi Sikh, he said for them , having a gun,bullet ( motor cycle )
Tractor, and a job in army is one' s life' s passion..

And almost every family will one in army..
I respect that..

But I didn't feel any way inferior , coz I felt we are contributing to nation in some way

Times have changed
Army is not even 10 th most saught after profession among sikhs now

Sadly

It doesn't matter what I think.

What matters here is what the Kashmiris think and many of them don't want to be with India.

Could you quantify the "many"? If in a city of a million people 10,000 gathered to cheer a certain nation would that then mean that the rest are also of a similar disposition? By that criterion if a certain nation happens to produce a disproportionately large number of terrorists then wouldn't said nation's denizens also be of a similar disposition?

Times have changed
Army is not even 10 th most saught after profession among sikhs now
Sadly

As a sikh I like ur comment.
Those were diff times when sikhs formed backbone of the army,its not the trend anymore,these days we are more interested in migrating abroad for $ which is perfectly normal too.
But history does tell that sikhs were a resilient bunch like no one else.
U just need to scan for ppl sent to kala pani and see the proportion of sikhs
You're aware this trend is reflected across India and all communities, right? Military service for generations past was seen as extremely desirable and attractive as far as status and pay were concerned. As India has developed and the opportunities and private sector have grown in India the competition for the best candidates has also gone up (one of the reasons for the shortfall in officers in the Indian Mil). Young Sikhs, along with all young Indians are less inclined to join the military for whatever reasons. This has happened in every developed nation one can speak of. It's just how societies evolve.

I don't know what you're talking about Sikhs going abroad, in fact the opposite is true, more NRIs are returning to India than ever before, the reverse brain drain has been going on for a while now.....

Large enough to require an occupation force of half a million Indian troops.

Indian report confirms hundreds of occupation troops indulged in torture in Kashmir, Crescent-Online.net, Crescent Magazine

India maintains an estimated 500,000 occupation troops in Kashmir
How unbiased "occupation troops" :coffee:

These sorts of figures have been disproven, at least they're not claiming the usual 700,000 figure that seems to be the go to for these sort of fools.

You really think 1/2 the IA is deployed in JK? I trust you have some sort of intellect.....

Large enough to require an occupation force of half a million Indian troops.

Indian report confirms hundreds of occupation troops indulged in torture in Kashmir, Crescent-Online.net, Crescent Magazine

India maintains an estimated 500,000 occupation troops in Kashmir

Ahemmm..a large part of those troops are stationed at the borders and not within the valley, of course we station a large number of troops at said border after all we have such loving neighbors.

As to the alleged crimes committed by certain members of the armed forces, despite AFSPA we still punish them under military law (data and stats for which are also available). Something that our neighboring nation can't even dream of doing no matter how hoarse the cries maybe whether today or in the past, lest the 111th pay the poor fellows "in charge" a visit.

Of course consider that the whole IA northern command (XIV, XV, XVI corps) doesn't have that many (500,000) soldiers. Now would we be counting Reserve police forces in that count too? The only troops in the valley are from the RR (which again doesn't have a fraction of the number).

Last edited:
@hinduguy You're failing to grasp what I am stating. That a certain community happens to overwhelmingly apply ergo more members of said community make it through. That's just statistics, IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT AS A WHOLE A SINGLE COMMUNITY IS MORE SUITABLE FOR COMBAT THAN OTHERS OR THAT THE IA DOES NOT DEEM APPLICANTS FROM ANY OTHER COMMUNITY AS FIT TO SERVE.
munsi saab, the math does not add up. Every rally/recruitment drive has certain target, dont tell me punjabis going around and applying in tamilnadu. If India is 20 punjabs and they recruit equal numbers we will have 5 punjabis in each 95 non punjabi, imagining every punjabi to be sikh (they are actually 60 percent but lets say all recruited from punjab are sikhs).
so if we are recruiting 10 more from punjab, its at expense of somewhere else. The fact that all of 2.7 crore punjabis applied and found eligible has no bearing on what I am saying.

Last edited:
Hinduguy, are u suggesting a criteria.. Where all jobs must be given in a ratio according to the community population ?

You're aware this trend is reflected across India and all communities, right? Military service for generations past was seen as extremely desirable and attractive as far as status and pay were concerned. As India has developed and the opportunities and private sector have grown in India the competition for the best candidates has also gone up (one of the reasons for the shortfall in officers in the Indian Mil). Young Sikhs, along with all young Indians are less inclined to join the military for whatever reasons. This has happened in every developed nation one can speak of. It's just how societies evolve.

I don't know what you're talking about Sikhs going abroad, in fact the opposite is true, more NRIs are returning to India than ever before, the reverse brain drain has been going on for a while now.....

From ur second paragraph its evident u don't know about the situation here,no.There is no reverse drain and person once gone rarely returns

As far as ur 1st point regarding army not being attractive anymore goes its a correct assesement;)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom