What's new

Is tide turning finally ? Angry mob sets ablaze house of Lashkar operative in Kashmir

So when "Kashmiris" throw stones (for a wage) it is genuine, when the very same people burn down the house of people making their lives hell it is "rent a mob"?

1.9 trillion dollars can buy lots of PR stunts.

Indian police, yes, to be more specific the State Police of Kashmir. Surely Kashmiris are not torturing their fellow Kashmiris, specially when said fellow Kashmiris are fighting on their behalf.:angel:

Why can't Kashmiris torture fellow Kashmiris? Deluded, or for-sale people can exist anywhere.

clearly not doing enough, if 20 % are from specific area/community.
IA needs to conscriously break the back of sectarian recruitment system which ensures certain community finds it easier to get recruited just because british thought they make good soldiers.

There is NO sectarian recruitment system, it is not a conscious effort on the IA's part to recruit predominantly from any community. If you wish to serve and can make the cut then you're welcome. Take heed of what you write, you're words amount to an insult.

There is NO sectarian recruitment system, it is not a conscious effort on the IA's part to recruit predominantly from any community. If you wish to serve and can make the cut then you're welcome. Take heed of what you write, you're words amount to an insult.
who did I insult, I just want fair representation of all communities in a million strong army. Dont tell me all that 'we want the bravest the best and the brightest' crap, we just need them to be good enough.

1.9 trillion dollars can buy lots of PR stunts.

Why can't Kashmiris torture fellow Kashmiris? Deluded, or for-sale people can exist anywhere.

I see, you're right about that. Deluded people do exist everywhere, a recent west point study illuminated that fact quite well when it researched the LeT's composition, surprise surprise, a majority of recruits were not Kashmiris. Of course since among the two Anglo-Christian and two Muslim authors there happens to be a Hindu one (as evidenced by their names, solely on the basis of that) it must be a biased study, after all only Pakistan has the right to proclaim what is true or not.

http://home.comcast.net/~christine_fair/pubs/Fighters-of-LeT_Final.pdf

who did I insult, I just want fair representation of all communities in a million strong army. Dont tell me all that 'we want the bravest the best and the brightest' crap, we just need them to be good enough.

AND there is fair representation given that members of any and all communities apply in the same quantum as Sikhs do. When you call it a sectarian recruitment policy you imply that the IA consciously looks for soldiers from a certain community while having a less than charitable view towards recruits from other communities, therein lies the insult. The IA has a clear cut policy, they cannot press any person to sign up nor can they turn anyone away just because there are already "too many" soldiers from the applicants community. Is that so hard to understand?

That explains the "Azaadi" Mobs in downtown Srinagar

images

SEE IT: Unsettling video shows Al Qaeda leaders meeting devoted followers in Yemen - NY Daily News

This Al Qaeda meeting in Yemen is probably rent a mob as well.

the LeT's composition

Nice try, but you switched the discussion to the LeT rather than Kashmiris.

Are you seriously suggesting that the LeT is the only group of people in Kashmir who are unhappy with Indian rule there?

Nice try, but you switched the discussion to the LeT rather than Kashmiris.

Are you seriously suggesting that the LeT is the only group of people in Kashmir who are unhappy with Indian rule there?

Nope just providing a sterling example which highlights delusion.

As far as Kashmiris being unhappy with the state of affairs is concerned, they have all the right to be unhappy and all the right to express said unhappiness within the bounds of the law. After all if we were so hell bent on muzzling them then Hurriyat leaders would not be allowed to sit and meet with the Pakistani envoys in Delhi nor be allowed to travel to Pakistan on Indian Passports.

I see, you're right about that. Deluded people do exist everywhere, a recent west point study illuminated that fact quite well when it researched the LeT's composition, surprise surprise, a majority of recruits were not Kashmiris. Of course since among the two Anglo-Christian and two Muslim authors there happens to be a Hindu one (as evidenced by their names, solely on the basis of that) it must be a biased study, after all only Pakistan has the right to proclaim what is true or not.

http://home.comcast.net/~christine_fair/pubs/Fighters-of-LeT_Final.pdf

AND there is fair representation given that members of any and all communities apply in the same quantum as Sikhs do. When you call it a sectarian recruitment policy you imply that the IA consciously looks for soldiers from a certain community while having a less than charitable view towards recruits from other communities, therein lies the insult. The IA has a clear cut policy, they cannot press any person to sign up nor can they turn anyone away just because there are already "too many" soldiers from the applicants community. Is that so hard to understand?
in vast majority of recruitment rally for soldiers, the number of applicants are many more than the vacancies. Yet they are so unfit that 15 percent are from a specific region/community.
Is that what you are implying?

@hinduguy bro, I can't really understand where you are coming from vis a vis Sikhs in the IA. It's not as if Sikhs join the IA because there is some sort of sway towards them in as far as selection goes, every single Sikh (and anyone else) in the IA is there purely on MERIT. For you to be saying things should be made more "fair" seems to imply you are asking for some sort of quota based or negative discrimination system to be implemented. This would be completely against the Indian Military's ethos- COMPLETELY.

No offence bro but you seem to be quite ignorant to these matters. In the Indian military there is no religion, all soldiers swear an oath to protecting their NATION and its constitution. 60+ years of independence and how much of an issue is having a disproportionate number of Sikhs in the Indian Mil caused? I'd tell you that in decades past the proportions were actually FAR higher, the IA at some points were made up of 30%+ of Sikhs. Not just the Indian Mil you are rather ignorant to but Sikhism as a whole. Sikhs do NOT believe in the supremacy of their religion nor do they believe that members of another faith are their inherent enemies. You won't find a more patriotic community than the Sikhs and this is borne out by their overrepresentation in the 100% volunteer 100% quota free Indian Military.

The fact is all personal in the Indian Mil are INDIANS FIRST, end of story, saying having a lot of people from one community is bad is like saying having people who like cricket disproportionally represented in the Indian Mil is a bad idea.

I'd say you should read up on Indian Mil history not to mention Sikh history bro......

Nope just providing a sterling example which highlights delusion.

There is nothing sterling about it.

You are erroneously suggesting that the only people who are against Indian rule in Kashmir are foreigners in LeT.

The LeT is only a subset of the people opposing Indian rule in Kashmir.

As far as Kashmiris being unhappy with the state of affairs is concerned, they have all the right to be unhappy and all the right to express said unhappiness within the bounds of the law. After all if we were so hell bent on muzzling them then Hurriyat leaders would not be allowed to sit and meet with the Pakistani envoys in Delhi nor be allowed to travel to Pakistan on Indian Passports.

The important point here is that Kashmiris are expressing their displeasure with Indian rule.

Whether that expression is legal or illegal is a different subject.

yea BS that ur RAW paid bollywood media is teaching u about Pak Army :cheers: and brainwashing u people about being a super power but the fact is u r a 3rd world country bro :omghaha:

Really...
IF you dont have anything to contribute fro debated then why do you waste your energy in this PDF?

in vast majority of recruitment rally for soldiers, the number of applicants are many more than the vacancies. Yet they are so unfit that 15 percent are from a specific region/community.
Is that what you are implying?

No. What I am stating is that they apply in such large numbers that the pool of their applicants who meet the criteria generally swells. Surely you can grasp rudimentary statistics and the concept of sample sets. As a community the Sikhs and Gorkhas treat military service as a family tradition so you have a deluge of applicants which singularly outnumbers applicants from any other community. In all honesty I do not think a fellow Delhi yuppie form my circle will ever forego a MBA he was already working towards and embrace martyrdom for the nation like a Sikh officer recently did in J&K. This obviously does not mean that Sikhs make better soldiers or more valiant warriors, it just shows that as a community more of them are interested in serving than others. Otherwise take a look at out PVCs, they come from all communities and social classes. When a particular community lays emphasis on military service you will end up with a large number of recruits from said community, so should the IA tell them to pack up because there are too many of them? Because if we did constitute such a cap it would be ACTUAL and EFFECTIVE discrimination.

Recruitment rallies are held all over the country, on a state by state basis. IF say a rally in Punjab or Assam simply attracts more applicants then statically a larger number of fit applicants will be gleaned from that set ergo leading to a larger representation in the IA. This doesn't mean that one community produces better soldiers..just that they apply in larger numbers in ABSOLUTE terms.

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom