What's new

Is there any man on pdf who cooks ?

Hello ,

I was interested to know how many men here knows cooking ?

What dishes you make ? And how do you feel cooking by yourself ? Do you get taunting or made fun of by other men ? Do you find it easy or difficult ?
Very easy to cook.

Here men generally cook outdoors on weekends; wives take break. Sometimes help out with my friend and his uncles at community gatherings at local mosque in zeerust.

Last few days:
  1. Chhanar dalna (Bengali paneer curry)
  2. Egg curry (again, Bengali style; the spices are, I am told, different)
  3. Chholar dal (that's chana, nothing to do with what north Indians/ Pakistanis call Chhole)
  4. Uthappam
  5. Upma (although I'm having the store mix add-hot-water-and-stir right now, feeling too lazy to get up and cook)
  6. Breakfast, with oatmeal and milk, omelettes/scrambled eggs/fried eggs on different days, on (store-bought) garlic and herb bread
  7. Sponge cake
  8. Brownies
On the drawing board, for next few days
  1. Begun bhaja (brinjal fry Bengali style)
  2. Chholar dal (repeat; it was yum, can't wait to get more of it)
  3. Phulkopi'r dalna (I am a sucker for cauliflower; this is cauliflower curry),
all this with store-bought parathas, just heat and eat, and to be interspersed with snacks
  1. Vegetable cutlets (I bought a large beet, and every time I open the fridge, we stare balefully at each other)
  2. Babaghanoush
  3. Hummous, this and babaghanoush with store-bought pita bread
I need to buy the keto Indian vegetarian cookbook and finally bust the fat barrier. As St. Augustine said in his famous prayer, a complete slander on the good saint, "Make me free of sin, O Lord, but not yet, not just yet..."

Not that kind of roast lol

Then u can say that in indian food section

Last few days:
  1. Chhanar dalna (Bengali paneer curry)
  2. Egg curry (again, Bengali style; the spices are, I am told, different)
  3. Chholar dal (that's chana, nothing to do with what north Indians/ Pakistanis call Chhole)
  4. Uthappam
  5. Upma (although I'm having the store mix add-hot-water-and-stir right now, feeling too lazy to get up and cook)
  6. Breakfast, with oatmeal and milk, omelettes/scrambled eggs/fried eggs on different days, on (store-bought) garlic and herb bread
  7. Sponge cake
  8. Brownies
On the drawing board, for next few days
  1. Begun bhaja (brinjal fry Bengali style)
  2. Chholar dal (repeat; it was yum, can't wait to get more of it)
  3. Phulkopi'r dalna (I am a sucker for cauliflower; this is cauliflower curry),
all this with store-bought parathas, just heat and eat, and to be interspersed with snacks
  1. Vegetable cutlets (I bought a large beet, and every time I open the fridge, we stare balefully at each other)
  2. Babaghanoush
  3. Hummous, this and babaghanoush with store-bought pita bread
I need to buy the keto Indian vegetarian cookbook and finally bust the fat barrier. As St. Augustine said in his famous prayer, a complete slander on the good saint, "Make me free of sin, O Lord, but not yet, not just yet..."
Great .. seems like u eat really good amount ..

Then u can say that in indian food section

Great .. seems like u eat really good amount ..

No, no, I can't, I keep a bit for myself and then hunt for people to give the rest away to. People have started ducking down side-streets when they see me with a casserole and a determined expression! :-(

No cooperation, no appreciation! Maybe it's because I hardly use salt?

No, no, I can't, I keep a bit for myself and then hunt for people to give the rest away to. People have started ducking down side-streets when they see me with a casserole and a determined expression! :-(

Same here .
I do same when making some good dish. My brothers are my first hunt to get my pan empty ..

Oh yes ! Thats what i meant .. its very commendable .... Nd am kind of feeling complex as i couldnt make such dishes these days ..

I only made some potato salad , pineapple salad and chicken soup and makai soup : (
Actually im still a learner so i really value your effort .. :tup:
I don't think you understood the joke...

You didnt understand too .
I know u meant to say that u roast indians so it should be included in the inndian food section ..

Same here .
I do same when making some good dish. My brothers are my first hunt to get my pan empty ..

Lucky stiffs! I don't have anyone closer than Bangalore, and that's my daughter and son-in-law, and she's a better cook, so I don't get to go into their kitchen. Even my s-i-l cooks adequately.

Oh yes ! Thats what i meant .. its very commendable .... Nd am kind of feeling complex as i couldnt make such dishes these days ..

I only made some potato salad , pineapple salad and chicken soup and makai soup : (

That's the kind of thing I ought to be making. These are just to be able to put together a full Bengali vegetarian meal; I want to go on to either a Tamil, or a Kannadiga, or (toughest of all) a Telugu meal. Once I can do these (and have done them two or three times to get the kinks out of the system - the first time it never comes out as good as it can, two or three tries gets tremendous improvement), I want to switch to small, easy, single dish diets.

I have mainly stainless steel, three or four cast iron, including a kadai, a skillet without handles, a rimmed tawa and a rimless tawa; the last two don't work, I have to 're-season' them. Finally, fed up of failing with batters and omelettes again and again, I bought a non-stick. When I switch, I hope to use a Dutch oven (a handi, basically, with a lid), a pot, with timer and lid and my skillet that I have now. My ambition is to cook all my meals with just these three.

I know u meant to say that u roast indians so it should be included in the inndian food section ..

^^^
LOL

Same here .

Lucky stiffs! I don't have anyone closer than Bangalore, and that's my daughter and son-in-law, and she's a better cook, so I don't get to go into their kitchen. Even my s-i-l cooks adequately.

That's the kind of thing I ought to be making. These are just to be able to put together a full Bengali vegetarian meal; I want to go on to either a Tamil, or a Kannadiga, or (toughest of all) a Telugu meal. Once I can do these (and have done them two or three times to get the kinks out of the system - the first time it never comes out as good as it can, two or three tries gets tremendous improvement), I want to switch to small, easy, single dish diets.

I have mainly stainless steel, three or four cast iron, including a kadai, a skillet without handles, a rimmed tawa and a rimless tawa; the last two don't work, I have to 're-season' them. Finally, fed up of failing with batters and omelettes again and again, I bought a non-stick. When I switch, I hope to use a Dutch oven (a handi, basically, with a lid), a pot, with timer and lid and my skillet that I have now. My ambition is to cook all my meals with just these three.

^^^
LOL
Seems like u trying all indian food section in your country .. give a try to this region's foods too .. especially balochistan n kpk region food that u r not yet recognised of.. lol im not saying it as being patriotic , i also try indian foods in my home . But as you have cooking passion , These r also some different tasting foods.
Ever tried the clay made pot or kettle to cook ? The result is very delicious and pure when u cook in these instruments .. even water tastes delicious drinking in clay glasses..

20171003_105300.jpg
avocado and lemon toast with a poached egg. Perfect breakfast. I made this

Seems like u trying all indian food section in your country .. give a try to this region's foods too .. especially balochistan n kpk region food that u r not yet recognised of.. lol im not saying it as being patriotic , i also try indian foods in my home . But as you have cooking passion , These r also some different tasting foods.
Ever tried the clay made pot or kettle to cook ? The result is very delicious and pure when u cook in these instruments .. even water tastes delicious drinking in clay glasses..

On the first: most frontier cooking - Balochistan, KPK - is heavily non-vegetarian. My landlord is a prim, prissy Brahmin; he wouldn't know if I cheated, but I would know, my conscience would know, and I don't want to cheat that poor old buzzard. Otherwise I eat everything; haram, halal, the lot. When I move into my own house, I definitely want to eat whatever I want to eat, without anyone holding me back.

Clay cookware? Good God! You are a mind-reader. Next step after Cast Iron; one strand goes into clay, which costs nothing, not even in breakages, because I wash up myself, very strictly not allowing the maid to go anywhere close to my cookware or crockery; the other strand goes into the best copper. Here, enjoy

https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_13?url=search-alias=aps&field keywords=clay+cookwares&sprefix=clay+cookware%2Caps%2C308&crid=23HEHLWCXXLN4

https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=mauviel+copper+cookware&rh=i:aps,k:mauviel+copper+cookware&qid=1508174009&sort=price-asc-rank

The first is very affordable; the second is when you marry the Prince of Cathay.

View attachment 431553 avocado and lemon toast with a poached egg. Perfect breakfast. I made this

Oooooooooooooooh. This is PHENOMENAL, champ!

Where's the positive rating when you need the damn thing?

It gets made tomorrow. I have the avocados, I have the eggs, now I need to get some bread (I'm supposed to be on a low-carb diet, but just can't seem to keep to it).

Got it!

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/poached-eggs-avocado-feta-toast

What to do about Feta? I suppose crumbling paneer will have to do; or buy some milk and make the paneer at home, ensuring it's the right texture and grain.

View attachment 431553 avocado and lemon toast with a poached egg. Perfect breakfast. I made this

@jbgt90

Champ, look at this. And don't throw your effing 350 recipes at me or I'm coming down your way to punch your daylights out.

Damn! Now I'm feeling hungry again.

Nice
Avocado on bread is something else
I mainly have it with dried salted fish (just wash off the salt first )
Quick healthy lunch
The avocado I mash with some salt and add lemon juice to enhance the rather bland avocado flavour. Do add lots of cracked black pepper. The poached eggs should be timed to perfection so they are runny but the whites form a perfect ball. Do not the whites of the egg contains two type of white. The softer outer white should be removed with a strainer and what remains including the yolk will produce the perfect ball. Again salt and pepper to desired taste.

Back
Top Bottom