What's new

Is Singapore Air force only second to India in South Asia?

Singaporean AF is just for fun ;)

Do you think F-35, for fun?

F-35.jpg

Boeing F-15SG Strike Eagle Air superiority/Strike - 24
Lockheed Martin F-16C Block 52 Fighting Falcon Interceptor - 22
Lockheed Martin F-16D Block 52 Fighting Falcon Strike - 20
Lockheed Martin F-16D Block 52+ Fighting Falcon Strike - 20
Lockheed Martin F-16D Block 52 Fighting Falcon Interceptor/Strike - 12
Northrop F-5S Tiger II Interceptor - 32
Northrop F-5T Tiger II Interceptor/Trainer - 9
Northrop RF-5S Tigereye Reconnaissance/Interceptor - 8

Helicopters

CH-47SD Chinook Heavy Transport - 20
Eurocopter AS-332M Super Puma Medium transport/Search & Rescue - 22
Eurocopter AS-532UL Cougar Medium Transport - 12
Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow Attack - 20
Sikorsky S-70B Seahawk ASW/ASuW - 6

Transport/Aerial Refueling Aircraft

Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker Aerial Refueling/Transport - 4
Lockheed C-130H Hercules Heavy Transport - 5
Lockheed KC-130B/H Aerial Refueling/Transport - 5
Fokker 50UTL Medium Transport/VIP - 4

Support Aircraft

Northrop Grumman E-2C Hawkeye AEW&C - 4
Fokker F50ME2 Maritime Patrol - 5
Gulfstream G550 with the EL/M-2075 Phalcon AESA radar - AEW&C - 4

Trainer Aircraft

Alenia Aermacchi M-346 Master Advanced/Lead-in Jet Trainer - 12
Pilatus PC-21 Basic Trainer - 19
ST Aerospace A-4SU/TA-4SU Super Skyhawk Advanced/Lead-in Jet Trainer - 7
Eurocopter EC120 Colibri Trainer - 10

UAV

Elbit Hermes 450 UAV - 5
IAI Heron - 5
IAI Searcher - 40
IAI Scout - 60

(Singapore will be buying up to 100 F-35 jets.)

aircraft summary
147 combat
20/80 attack helicopters
15 transport/refueling
13 support
110 UAV
(48 trainer)
total 295 + 48

singapore is the israel of southeast asia both in terms of relative size and military!

aircraft summary
147 combat
20/80 attack helicopters
15 transport/refueling
13 support
110 UAV
(48 trainer)
total 295 + 48

singapore is the israel of southeast asia both in terms of relative size and military!

Republic of Singapore Air Force

Founded - 1 April 1973
Country - Singapore
Branch - Air force
Role - Air supremacy / Defence
Size - 13,500 personnel & 422 aircraft

I think Malaysia and Indonesia.

No chance. Singapore has a good relationship with all it's neighbours.

The irony is, war is more likely to happen between Indonesia and Malaysia.. rather than between Singapore or any of those countries.

But no harm building up your defence, better be safe than sorry.

:lol: Bharti again? :laugh:

Since PAF raped its enemy in previous wars (even after being hugely out-numbered ) :laugh: ... I must say that I'm still a fan of PAF ....Singaporean AF is just for fun ;)

we prefer real wars, not imaginary victories

what I find strange and impressive as well is, it seems they had f-5s and all of sudden they start having f 16 Block 52s & F-15 SG s! there is nothing in between no f 4, no f-16 block 30-40 or f-15 A-C! nothing else! quantum leap :lol: from less than an average AF to a deadly one!

Singapore adopted Israelist doctrine of Attack in Defence due to their extremely small teeritory. They made a improvement in that they stationed their airforce and army in overseas base. Besides India and Australia, they have bases in Taiwan, USA and possibly in Thailand. Dispersion of their bases prevent destruction of their forces in suddent attack on Singapore.

These forces will be despatched back to Singapore or its opponent's territory by their LPD, AEW and tanker planes. LPD, AEW and tankers planes have limited usefulness inside Singapore's water and airspace but are essential in sending their forces back to Singapore.

There are no enemy at the moment but a good quality defence forces is not built overnight. 10 to 20 years are needed to train a proficiency airforce force, and Singapore do not have the luxury of land area for defence, the moment an enemy landed in Singapore half the war is lost. They need a well train airforce to act at an instant notice and to hit the invaders before they landed on Singapore, much like Israelist strategy of pre-emptive strike in enemy's territory as defence.

what I find strange and impressive as well is, it seems they had f-5s and all of sudden they start having f 16 Block 52s & F-15 SG s! there is nothing in between no f 4, no f-16 block 30-40 or f-15 A-C! nothing else! quantum leap :lol: from less than an average AF to a deadly one!

It is because they were not rich nation in 1960s and 1970s, and they were under protection in a defence treaty involving UK, Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia. When they progressed to become a rich nation and at the same time UK's military forces was getting defence cut, they simply could not depend on this defence treaty, and with big defence budget to spend and US willing to sell top rate equipment, they went for the best.

I was checking news about Singapore. SYDER SR ok its understandable just replacing ageing rapier but Singapore is reported to be acquiring Israel's new Iron Dome anti-missile air-defense system ... No Now I am totally confused why the hell they need it?

Just finding ways to spend the money lot they earned during their reign , or may it be other way round US and Israel are giving them ways so they can earn some hard cash

i don't think so

PAF is second most powerful in SA

Singapore is one of the four nations of SE which were given massive financial assistance so they can be major economic power and can contain Chinese influence

I am just asking for the sake of learning more ! and thanks for your answers lcloo !!!

From an Israeli point of view they are surrounded by their Arab enemies and a doctrine as such is vital for their very existence i.e it simply depends on this. since the region already witnessed enough wars and bloodshed and even worst all the disputed issues are still there! for the countries in the region it is safe to say they have legitimate concerns for preparedness! unfortunately its like a self fulfilling prophecy! sure it is wise for Singapore to get prepared for anything I just hope they are also not preparing a self fulfilling prophecy for themselves!

Back
Top Bottom