What's new

Is Singapore Air force only second to India in South Asia?

No its certainly not.....PAF takes the second spot numbers wise and considering they use American equipment , quality wise they are equals .

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

You dnt have to say anything man....

PAF largest supplier of indian airforce jet parts.

Just Chill man....look at the numbers of PAF fighter planes . Should be a clear indicator whose holds combat edge.

Is Singapore Air force only second to India in South Asia?

I just checked the details of Singapore Air force after the thread of Singapore Navy.

I am surprised, I think quality wise capabilities of Singapore Air force only second to Indian Air force comparing to the South Asian region.

Singapore Air force

Combat Aircraft

Boeing F-15SG Strike Eagle Air superiority/Strike - 24
Lockheed Martin F-16C Block 52 Fighting Falcon Interceptor - 22
Lockheed Martin F-16D Block 52 Fighting Falcon Strike - 20
Lockheed Martin F-16D Block 52+ Fighting Falcon Strike - 20
Lockheed Martin F-16D Block 52 Fighting Falcon Interceptor/Strike - 12
Northrop F-5S Tiger II Interceptor - 32
Northrop F-5T Tiger II Interceptor/Trainer - 9
Northrop RF-5S Tigereye Reconnaissance/Interceptor - 8

Helicopters

CH-47SD Chinook Heavy Transport - 20
Eurocopter AS-332M Super Puma Medium transport/Search & Rescue - 22
Eurocopter AS-532UL Cougar Medium Transport - 12
Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow Attack - 20
Sikorsky S-70B Seahawk ASW/ASuW - 6

Transport/Aerial Refueling Aircraft

Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker Aerial Refueling/Transport - 4
Lockheed C-130H Hercules Heavy Transport - 5
Lockheed KC-130B/H Aerial Refueling/Transport - 5
Fokker 50UTL Medium Transport/VIP - 4

Support Aircraft

Northrop Grumman E-2C Hawkeye AEW&C - 4
Fokker F50ME2 Maritime Patrol - 5
Gulfstream G550 with the EL/M-2075 Phalcon AESA radar - AEW&C - 4

Trainer Aircraft

Alenia Aermacchi M-346 Master Advanced/Lead-in Jet Trainer - 12
Pilatus PC-21 Basic Trainer - 19
ST Aerospace A-4SU/TA-4SU Super Skyhawk Advanced/Lead-in Jet Trainer - 7
Eurocopter EC120 Colibri Trainer - 10

UAV

Elbit Hermes 450 UAV - 5
IAI Heron - 5
IAI Searcher - 40
IAI Scout - 60

In February 2003, Singapore joined the JSF program's System Design and Development (SDD) Phase, as a Security Co-operation Participant (SCP).

Singapore will be buying up to 100 F-35 jets.

The first deliveries of F-35 jets expected between 2018 – 2020

Republic of Singapore Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dude it's Pakistan Defense Forum. It;s the only place where PAF is the best Airforce. So dont even dare to say That IAF is best Airforce in SA. Hope you got the warning :bounce:

No doubt RSAF is second air force out of these countries:

south-asia-political-map.1318774650.jpg

guy let me show you the examples of hindu zionists brotherhood :lol::lol:

hint: check out gilgit baltistan on the map :lol::lol::lol:

No doubt RSAF is second air force out of these countries:

south-asia-political-map.1318774650.jpg

Certainly. They have such a massive military for their size that we have a special agreement with Singapore regarding stationing some of their military equipment in southern Indian states along with our own. Singapore apparently has agreements with Australia as well on such a deal.

Both them and us hold regular wargames jointly and I must say, they are really well versed in military techniques as well as technology. If they were even the size of Philippines or Cambodia, they'd be the second strongest in entire South/Southeast Asia.

Technologically superior? I must agree , i met a Singaporean F-16 Block 52+ pilot a while ago - sounded like a highly trained , highly professional pilot.

Most fighter pilots of any country are. Their training is so tough that it has to bring the best out of them. Those machines any fighter pilots fly are no joke. You need such a personality to become what they are.

really? source?

It is a known secret in strategic circles. Just google Indo-Singapore strategic agreement. You'd get some links mentioning agreements of the sort made.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

No doubt RSAF is second air force out of these countries

Do you guys also train with them? I've never heard of a direct Singapore-Israeli air exercise. Since a portion of their fighter fleet is stationed in our southern region, I think there might have been air exercises between you, us and Singaporeans behind the scenes.

Bump me off with a link of a direct wargame between you two if you've got one. :D

I did not know that Singapore station theirs F 15's and F 16's in India. Is it true?

I did not know that Singapore station theirs F 15's and F 16's in India. Is it true?
That just temporarily,for excercise purpose only.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Not temporarily bhai. As in, temporary in long term but otherwise pretty much permanent. They've just one big city to manage and have to make the entire country inside it. Naturally with that kind of space constraints there has to be a place to station the larger chunk of their arsenal. We are one of the closest friends of Singapore and our bilateral relationship is strong and trustworthy. So are Australians (to them). Bother nations being relatively closer and politically safer for Singapore, the two make ideal second "hubs" for their military arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom