What's new

Is Singapore Air force only second to India in South Asia?

hmm maybe they are a superior force quantity wise.

But equipment doesn't decide the fate of war.

Do they have the experience of fighting 24x7 like Pakistan has ?

if this is the case then american army is best in world:rofl:
they are fighting every where but getting killed in mass too..

if this is the case then american army is best in world:rofl:
they are fighting every where but getting killed in mass too..

3737_image1.jpg

Uh, yeah it is.!!

hmm maybe they are a superior force quantity wise.

But equipment doesn't decide the fate of war.

Do they have the experience of fighting 24x7 like Pakistan has ?

That is true for most militaries around the world. Very few of them in gross numbers are richly experienced in full blown combat.
But Singaporean military is designed to get into action at a very short moment's notice. Since their nation is so small and land is so limited, they've to ensure their country is safe from the sea and air FIRST and with the effect their ground troops are only a last resort of fighting. Which means, their Navy and air force have to be of a bleeding edge. They're regular participators of RED FLAG and a host of cutting edge air wargames. It is the closest one can get to warfare.

When Singapore was separated from Malaysia, there was a lingering tension in the instability of its two giant neighbors of possibility of Communism or authoritarian ultra regimes to rise up. So Singapore formed a policy of defense in worse case scenario possible at a moment's notice.

Another successful story of bandwidth wastage, You guys are so obsessed with rants

Another successful story of bandwidth wastage, You guys are so obsessed with rants

Why? What's wrong in the thread? RSAF seems pretty capable equipment wise. They might not have actual single handed war experience but that is applicable for Germany and Japan too today. Would you accord these nations as useless as well?

IAF gained valuable experience in dealing with F-16s because of exerciser with Singaporian Air forces.
21 Bisons, 29s and 30MKIs had good practice shooting them at Kalaikunda.

Why? What's wrong in the thread? RSAF seems pretty capable equipment wise. They might not have actual single handed war experience but that is applicable for Germany and Japan too today. Would you accord these nations as useless as well?

I never de-graded any nation or airforce for that matter... it was intended towards the way you guys were behaving ...so much of rants and taunts going around....

And what was so crippling there in the fact that SAF has quite a good number of aircrafts , UAE too being a small country has quite an advance air-force and there are other examples around as well ....no concrete purpose behind opening such a thread ...specially when you know that it may turn out to be troller feast

Superior to even PAF? oops that doesn't sound good if you are a fan of Pakistan Air force !!!

Listen this is not troll fest ... watch what you say stick to the topic and stop with the dumb comments.

really?I thought pakistani suffering from lack of parts of F-16.by the way,can you tell me which parts and for which aircraft?

In the 90s... do u live in the past? or woke up frm ur hibernation??

Migs,gnats,su-, etc etc. :D

I was checking news about Singapore. SYDER SR ok its understandable just replacing ageing rapier but Singapore is reported to be acquiring Israel's new Iron Dome anti-missile air-defense system ... No Now I am totally confused why the hell they need it?

That just temporarily,for excercise purpose only.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

That just temporarily,for excercise purpose only.

No, at least one SQD of SAF is always based at an IAF AFB in S.India 365 days a year to conduct exercises, they do so on a rotational basis. I believe the SAF have the AFB base to themselves most of the time with the exception of a few IAF flights and ATC, security and technical staff. I believe the IAF have significantly UPG the AFB to house the SAF for the next 10 years.

Superior to even PAF? oops that doesn't sound good if you are a fan of Pakistan Air force !!!

:lol: Bharti again? :laugh:

Since PAF raped its enemy in previous wars (even after being hugely out-numbered ) :laugh: ... I must say that I'm still a fan of PAF ....Singaporean AF is just for fun ;)

Back
Top Bottom