What's new

Is it right to attack South Waziristan now?

Is it right to attack south waziristan now??

• yes

Votes: 43 52.4%
  • no

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • listen to america

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • after few days

Votes: 6 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No.

Not appropriate. I would rather go for what jana said above. Crub the support from Punjab. That will really eliminate one source of man power and finances. Keep gathering intel as much as you can and keep air strikes where confirmed reports of TTP hideouts are.

Actual problem is supply lines from Afghanistan... what to do with them? Now is time when Pakistan must present its case international media and must ask US to keep there forces on other side of border so that if terrorist ran into Afghanistan they can be eliminated. If US is willing to do that in Afghanistan only then Pakistan army must go in.

Yes - only if PA is prepared to do so.

To me before attcking SW, we need to send all thew Afghan refugees back to Aghanistan.

Push into South Waziristan immediately, and squash these saudi-supported vermin, as well as eliminating the militant hub in Southern Punjab. They Kerry Lugar Bill can wait.

I said no simply because an attack should happen only when the Army is ready to move. Such attacks should not hasten the Army's response. It should be cool and calculated with all the necessary preparation and keeping in mind the weather as the winters are approaching. Now is the time for military planners to make a call and not allow politicians and public opinion to goad the military into action, because when the action is taken, it has to be determined and with clear milestones set. I, for one, would hope to see an end to this "ilaaqa ghair" entity for once and for all. No more sanctuary for all the criminals of Pakistan to run to and find refuge by abusing nanawati.

I said no simply because an attack should happen only when the Army is ready to move. Such attacks should not hasten the Army's response. It should be cool and calculated with all the necessary preparation and keeping in mind the weather as the winters are approaching. Now is the time for military planners to make a call and not allow politicians and public opinion to goad the military into action, because when the action is taken, it has to be determined and with clear milestones set. I, for one, would hope to see an end to this "ilaaqa ghair" entity for once and for all. No more sanctuary for all the criminals of Pakistan to run to and find refuge by abusing nanawati.

Yes without a doubt full scale operations should be conducted when the Army is ready to move and preprations are complete. In the mean time aerial bombardments against clearly identified hostile targets should continue.

All Pakistanis would like to see an end to this "ilaaqa ghair" nonsense.

No attack should take place until pakistan army has sealed the entire area and the let the civilians leave the same way they did in swat ,as there leaving photograph everybody and issue ID card and when the time suits us then attack.

We should first analyse the ground realities and should do home work before lauching any attack.

Afghan and Indian supported militants are very stronge , first we need to get support of local tribes , sagregate these militants then we have to start operation clean up.

First we have to seal the Afghan boarder , which i think impossible without the help of ISAF.

I think our economic condition dont allow us to immediate attack , we need at least three to four years for prepartion.

FATA is very big area it need two to three period to completely clean from militants.

Push into South Waziristan immediately, and squash these saudi-supported vermin, as well as eliminating the militant hub in Southern Punjab. They Kerry Lugar Bill can wait.

I feeling sectarian hatred in your post.We should not oppose or kill them because they are whabi and sunni or shia but because their action of terrorism, which islam dont allow.

Our army should also dont kill them to please US but because of their plans of terrorism and support of Al Qaiada .

Please come out of hatred and sectarianism , muslims are like one body, clean your brain from such ideas which creat difference in muslim on the basis of race,colour and sectarianism.

Yes - only if PA is prepared to do so.

To me before attcking SW, we need to send all thew Afghan refugees back to Aghanistan.

How it possible to send back 2 million or more Afghan Rafugee , their rehablitatin need minimum five years.

Why you want to send them back , it is against the humantarian rules?

How it possible to send back 2 million or more Afghan Rafugee , their rehablitatin need minimum five years.

Why you want to send them back , it is against the humantarian rules?

No, it's because most afghan "refugees" have criminal or terrorist links, and they spread the spirit of anarchy throughout society.

No, it's not the right time yet.

First we need to highlight this issue and ask US to either block the 'escape route' from Afghanistan or let our Army do it. If US don't agree then this Operation can wait until they change thier mind, simple as that.

Right now ISI needs to do what it is best at - and that is to get as much 'intelligence' as possible.

Our troops needs a break because they have just finished rats off in Swat.

Winter is here and it will make the Operation harder than hard!

So, considering all the points above, i don't think it's the right time yet and we should wait. But whenever we launch it - we must go for a 'full scale' operation, send more than eough troops inc SSG, make sure the airforce knows 'the key targets' and all the escape & funding routes are 'fully blocked'.

It for sure will be a very tough operation and i fear the Casualities will be higher but again we are talking about Pakistan Army here - giving up, surrendering and getting scared of death is not in Pakistani's Blood and it's certainly not in Army blood !

We will endure all this but will make sure each and every *** is 'wiped off'. InshAllah !

Dear guys,
For any militry opreation, in the world,any militry needs saficiant funding, its leaderships strong & clear will!
i guss, right now PAKARMY has being preasured by the vested intersts, to go & kill all the terrorists in the WAZIRISTAN area, guys its not that simple, remember SAWAT ops, when pakarmy, went in THERE, they were backed by , enough funding GREAT combination & close air support by our "SHAHEENS", great planing & its leadership's strongest will? after covring, with all those aspects , pakarmy did a historical, militry SUCCSESS!

FOR me, till the things cant be cleared out of COAS, mind, & till we dont have enough fundings for the real "powerfull militry strike" going in waziristan, is not posible.

he mean to say liberate it from ruthless taliban's regime

So, is there is no presence of Pak Army there ? Or its just some mafia ruling in presence of little army. I didn't have that much knowledge that Taliban is ruling in this way. I thought they are just hidder like Dawood who rules Mumbai.

^ Batmannow...

U left most critical thing. INTEL :) CoAS has said that SWA is an intel blackhole.

Afghan and Indian supported militants are very stronge , first we need to get support of local tribes , sagregate these militants then we have to start operation clean up.

First we have to seal the Afghan boarder , which i think impossible without the help of ISAF.

For Border I suggest fencing. India has done right thing by building fence over Pak and BD. India doesn't see china as threat in militancy that is why doesn't have fence over there.

Again you added Indian Support. India support Afganistan for development but its very confusing why still some Afgani support Taliban. Allready revealed that Pak Taliban and Afgan do not have links so its waste of material to involve India when there is nothing prove anything. We have internal crises of Naxal and check the news, Our PM told that it is not supported by any outside country and they get fund locally through loot, robbery, tax, smuggling.

Back
Top Bottom