What's new

Iron Age (Vedic era) Pakistanis were nothing like modern Indians

Sattu, Lassi :lol:
Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 3.46.27 PM.png

Sir jee, does same choice in daaru make us sem2sem? What is your favorite brand?
i can take any whiskey which have price more then 50$
chivas
jhony walkers
vat69
teachers
jack
Campari's brands
Matthew Gloag brands like famous grouse

#metoo Kashyap gotra. But I have never understood this thing about people from the same gotra not marrying. My understanding is that gotra is not necessarily the same clan/lineage. In fact people from same gotra can be found in different castes. Maybe amongst people living together in the same vicinity for centuries gotra = lineage, but otherwise the two are not interchangeable.
Same Kashyap gotra, the common understanding is that the lineage is same but your varna can be different as you said. Nowdays though I know people of same gotra marrying, nothing wrong in marrying your 100th separated cousin I guess :lol:

Same Kashyap gotra, the common understanding is that the lineage is same but your varna can be different as you said. Nowdays though I know people of same gotra marrying, nothing wrong in marrying your 100th separated cousin I guess :lol:
Yup I think it is the least of all considerations even in arranged marriages except perhaps in Haryana and parts of UP. Zyada khojnay baithoge to har koyi cousin nikal jayega.

#metoo Kashyap gotra. But I have never understood this thing about people from the same gotra not marrying. My understanding is that gotra is not necessarily the same clan/lineage. In fact people from same gotra can be found in different castes. Maybe amongst people living together in the same vicinity for centuries gotra = lineage, but otherwise the two are not interchangeable.

One of my friend is from a political family in Bihar, he married someone in the same gotra I suppose it must have been, I think he simplified the explanation for me. But the result was that he had serious issues within the family, and his mum did not speak with him, well not till a grandson arrived, and all was forgiven lol

i can take any whiskey which have price more then 50$
chivas
jhony walkers
vat69
teachers
jack
Campari's brands
Matthew Gloag brands like famous grouse
Try Isle of Jura, single malt, not the stuff they've introduced under the garb of marketing.

One of my friend is from a political family in Bihar, he married someone in the same gotra I suppose it must have been, I think he simplified the explanation for me. But the result was that he had serious issues within the family, and his mum did not speak with him, well not till a grandson arrived, and all was forgiven lol
It can be pretty hardcore in places like Bihar. And if the family is political, even more so, because they somehow feel that they have a responsibility to uphold the traditions. But ultimately it settles down. My parents did their caste/gotra nonsense when they were trying to desperately get me married (as I had crossed 30). One fine day I told them there is this Rajput girl that I am marrying, and it will be a court marriage, no function. You have to behave like a man in these matters. If you behave like a boy, you will be treated like one.

Try Isle of Jura, single malt, not the stuff they've introduced under the garb of marketing.
I have somehow grown out of Whiskeys. My preferred drinks these days are Gin, Rum, Tequila, Brandy and Vodka, in that order.

It can be pretty hardcore in places like Bihar. And if the family is political, even more so, because they somehow feel that they have a responsibility to uphold the traditions. But ultimately it settles down. My parents did their caste/gotra nonsense when they were trying to desperately get me married (as I had crossed 30). One fine day I told them there is this Rajput girl that I am marrying, and it will be a court marriage, no function. You have to behave like a man in these matters. If you behave like a boy, you will be treated like one.
Very much so, that's why I had mentioned the political background, the higher up the social ladder, especially in our countries, the more pressure there is to uphold the bloody traditions.

And, yeah, it's far easier to put your foot down being a man, in our countries men have to be men to be seen as a man. lol

I have somehow grown out of Whiskeys. My preferred drinks these days are Gin, Rum, Tequila, Brandy and Vodka, in that order.

I tend to meander with my tastes, Whiskey was my first drink and forever an option. But, I went through a Gin phase, Dark rum, never really cared for Tequila except once in a Mexican bar/restaurant in my twenties, I think it was more about the company then the drink, as I've never cared for it much. Brandy is touch and go, and I've always found Vodka to be tasteless. I drink everything neat, so taste does play a role.
But as I've gotten older, I find my body cannot tolerate any clear drinks anymore, there has to be some colour for my body to tolerate the drink, although I'm in the phase of giving up now. I've never been a heavy drinker so it's pretty easy to give up, I had only started drinking for philosophical reasons, and stuck around for the taste and the effect lol

I tend to meander with my tastes, Whiskey was my first drink and forever an option. But, I went through a Gin phase, Dark rum, never really cared for Tequila except once in a Mexican bar/restaurant in my twenties, I think it was more about the company then the drink, as I've never cared for it much. Brandy is touch and go, and I've always found Vodka to be tasteless. I drink everything neat, so taste does play a role.

Yes meander is the correct word, and now that you have used it, I realise this is the case with me too. For me the motivations have been different. There was a phase when I was watching too many Cowboy westerns and the actors knocking back tequila from shot glasses got me into it. The exotic taste appealed to me and I started keeping a bottle at home. Pirate movies and books got me (re)-interested in Rum, which I had dumped because the local Old Monk we get in India can be too strong for the palette. Now in middle age I have reacquired the taste for Old Monk and home grown Gin, partly because of their constant nostalgia content that social media throws at you. As you will note, I am a sitting duck for marketing companies 😂

Yes meander is the correct word, and now that you have used it, I realise this is the case with me too. For me the motivations have been different. There was a phase when I was watching too many Cowboy westerns and the actors knocking back tequila from shot glasses got me into it. The exotic taste appealed to me and I started keeping a bottle at home. Pirate movies and books got me (re)-interested in Rum, which I had dumped because the local Old Monk we get in India can be too strong for the palette. Now in middle age I have reacquired the taste for Old Monk and home grown Gin, partly because of their constant nostalgia content that social media throws at you. As you will note, I am a sitting duck for marketing companies 😂

Marketing bloody smarketing, I think we all get marketed more then we tend to realise.

Tequila and cowboy movies is a strange association, I thought it was usually whiskey. I suppose when Mexicans come into the roles, Tequila does get a mention. I started drinking in early 20's, never been one to fall for peer pressure. I had a little question in my mind that besides water, every culture on earth has it's own version of a liquid intoxicant, why and what is it? So I had to find out before dying, and went with whiskey, it's been an interesting journey. But nothing to shout about lol
Although, amongst my memorable moments, I was going on a holiday, alone, and at the airport I had ordered a triple Whiskey, and as soon as it was poured, my flight was called. I like getting a seat of my choice, it doesn't have to be good, as long as I choose it, so I had to rush, I grabbed my glass and took it in one go, a guy who was sitting at the bar had a shock of his life I think because he had a weird expression on his face, and continued to peer at me with an intense gaze, expecting got see the result I think lol

I actually only tried Rum few years ago, very late in life, but dark rum really is a treat, again neat only.
But, yeah middle age does strange things to the body and your taste buds, enjoy it while it lasts, soon you'll be entering the stick age, I've already reserve my dads old stick, no kidding lol

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom