What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Well with SU 35 out of the equation then the remaining questions is:

1- Do "Highest officials" believe Iran military strategy does not require strong airforce..end of story ..or

2- "Highest officials" do believe that Iran needs strong airforce and the way forward is "domestic developments".

My bet is on #2 and I will happily live with that decision and look forward to Iran's new developments.

Best case scenario, would be number 2.

…. I’m trying really hard to find the good in all this nonsense surrounding Iran’s airforce but all I see is setbacks, half truths and lies apparently.

Proper Authorities should have never allowed such Su-35 rumors to spread like wildfire in the first place…

That 50km is when they scan only a narrow field in front of it . If they do a wide search as they usually must do . The range is reduced dramatically.

N019 azimuth is 40 deg in TWS mode so it can easily track a 1-3 m2 RCS target (F-16, F/A-18, F-5E/F) in that elevation at 50-55 KM. Offcourse that is OBSOLETE for modern combat. I do not know the MIG-29 RCS but if its 1-3 m2 it will be tracked by an F-16C at 100 KM and fired upon by salvos of AIM-120s.

The RPLK-29 FC Radar on MIG-29 9.12A is btw ~400 KG while Kowsar's Grifo-346 replica is 85 KG with twice the track range and ECM/SAR installed on it.

Also those data belong to warsaw pact mig 29 9.12a not our downgraded mig-2909.12b
And instead of r73 they can use fater . And also I don't think it will be problem integrating the infrared missile into any system.

I was signifying the fact that with HMS Slaved R-73M even an obsolete MIG 9.12 can become a menace at WVR ranges. IRIAF Migs can be the same but they suck at BVR because of obsolete radars and avionics.

About r27 unless we upgrade those mig-29 to smt standard really there is not much benefit in that missile

R-27R1 is the only BVR missile in IRIAF other than some 30 x AIM-54+ which are overhauled completely and some 100 or so delivered Fakour-90.

Unless SU-35S come (maybe next year or never?) or we get a local version of ARH AIM-7E2 on Kowsar, R-27R1 is important otherwise MIG fleet will join the prop fighter section of IRIAF comprising of MF-1, F-7N, F-5E/F.

He was talking about low rcs drones doubt karrar can be modified in such manner and still be karrar

Not precisely, Tu-300 like Karrar will be able to carry IRST slaved 2-3 WVR missiles along with Double Duplex TDL to exchange Track information. It can also practically be fitted with local pulse doppler radar since its only 85-100 Kg while TU-300 could carry 1000 Kg payload.

Here the statistic mentioned was paying 1000000 dollar to upgrade 19 mig. 29 to smt standard.
I say it's not better if we leave those mig 29 as they are now and use that money to buy 12 mig-35 with spares and meanwhile get our hand.

The equation changes completely if the plane is upgraded and gets a newer R-73M, HMD, Zhuck M, R-77AE, and Tactical Datalink. Let alone paying Russians a Billion USD, HESA, SAIRAN can totally pull this upgrade on their own but it's a 4.0 Gen Russian Machine, and Russia would not like it touched without making $$$ out of the upgrade (Indian case of SU-30MKI)

MIG fleet in IRIAF without upgrade is only slightly better than F-7N with their PL-7Cs right now.

On their radar technology

I would play the devil's advocate here and say Iran should totally focus on SAIRAN local radars on F-4E/D and Kowsar-I. Vahedi confirmed their application, SAIRAN head did the same. BT said that they are effective machines of Western origin but may have come to Iran through China.

IRIAF's problem is not local vs foreign. Its the lack of $$$

Proper Authorities should have never allowed such Su-35 rumors to spread like wildfire in the first place…

Was not a rumor

"The Sukhoi-35 fighter planes are technically acceptable to Iran and Iran has finalised a contract for their purchase," the broadcaster IRIB quoted Iran's mission to the United Nations in New York as saying.

Plus a member of Majils also confirmed it

Something happened —again

Best case scenario Russia handed over engine tech instead. I believe Russia has a huge hand in the NK jump from crappy BM’s to powerful ICBMs and Iskander copies in under 5 years. Literally unheard of in aerospace even Jeffrey Lewis said the jump was remarkable.

It took Iran 10+ years to go from Shahab-3 to Sejil 1-2

Was not a rumor

Plus a member of Majils also confirmed it

Something happened —again

Best case scenario Russia handed over engine tech instead. I believe Russia has a huge hand in the NK jump from crappy BM’s to powerful ICBMs and Iskander copies in under 5 years. Literally unheard of in aerospace even Jeffrey Lewis said the jump was remarkable.

It took Iran 10+ years to go from Shahab-3 to Sejil 1-2

I mean the hype around a potential delivery lol.

I mean the hype around a potential delivery lol.
I guess you can find the reason right here

آمریکا: اوکراین در ضدحمله خود از آبرامز و اف-16 استفاده نمی‌کند

آمریکا اعلام کرد، اوکراین در ضد حمله قریب‌الوقوعش علیه ارتش روسیه از تسلیحات سنگینی همچون تانک‌های آبرامز و جنگنده‌های اف-۱۶ استفاده نخواهد کرد.

به گزارش مشرق، ژنرال «مارک میلی»، رئیس ستاد مشترک ارتش آمریکا ادعا کرد، تسلیحات سنگین آمریکایی نظیر تانک‌های آبرامز و جنگنده‌های اف-۱۶ در زمان اجرای ضدحمله قریب‌الوقوع اوکراین علیه روسیه آماده استفاده نخواهند بود.​

بر اساس اعلام این ژنرال آمریکایی، واشنگتن برنامه آموزش کار با تانک‌های آبرامز به نظامیان اوکراینی را شروع کرده و با متحدانش در حال تدوین برنامه آموزشی مشابهی برای کار با جنگنده‌های اف-۱۶ به اوکراینی‌ها است.​

به نوشته خبرگزاری «آسوشیتدپرس»،‌ مارک میلی در جریان سفرش به فرانسه و در ابتدای ورودش به این کشور گفت، برنامه آموزش استفاده از تانک‌های آمریکایی «آبرامز» به نظامیان اوکراینی شروع شده و واشنگتن و متحدانش در حال تدوین توافقاتی با موضوع آموزش استفاده از جنگنده های اف-۱۶ به این نظامیان هستند.​

رئیس ستاد مشترک ارتش آمریکا در گفتگو با خبرنگاران مدعی شد: «همه نیاز اوکراین به یک نیروی هوایی مدرنیزه را به رسمیت می‌شناسند. ایجاد این نیرو به حجم قابل توجهی از زمان نیاز دارد.»​

به نوشته آسوشیتدپرس، دریادار «نیکولاس ووژور»، رئیس بخش عملیات‌های ستاد مشترک ارتش فرانسه به خبرنگاران همراه با مارک میلی گفت: «هدف این است که توانمندی‌هایی در میان مدت تا دراز مدت به اوکراین داده شود.»​

رئیس ستاد مشترک ارتش آمریکا مدعی شد، واشنگتن به همراه متحدانی همچون هلند و انگلیس که وعده مشارکت در عرضه اف-۱۶ های آمریکایی به اوکراین را داده‌اند، مشغول برنامه‌ریزی دقیق ابعاد کلاس‌های آموزش کار با این جنگنده، نوع تاکتیک‌های پروازی برای آنها و مکانهای ارائه این آموزش‌ها هستند.​

چندی پیش «جو بایدن»، رئیس جمهور آمریکا از حمایت واشنگتن از ارائه آموزش کار با اف-۱۶ به نظامیان اوکراینی خبر داد اما آمریکا هنوز مشخص نکرده آیا مستقیما در عرضه این جنگنده‌ها به ارتش اوکراین مشارکت می‌کند یا خیر.​

رئیس ستاد مشترک ارتش آمریکا گفت، همزمان برنامه آموزش کار با تانک‌های آبرامز به اوکراینی‌ها در حال اجرا است.​

به نوشته آسوشیتدپرس، حدود ۲۰۰ سرباز اوکراینی از حدود یک هفته قبل شرکت در یک برنامه آموزشی حدودا ۱۲ هفته‌ای در آلمان برای کار با این تانک‌ها از جمله در زمینه مانور، شلیک و اجرای عملیات‌ با ترکیبی از تسلیحات را شروع‌ کرده‌اند. ۲۰۰ سرباز اوکراینی دیگر نیز در حوزه سوخت‌رسانی به تانکها و نگهداری از تانکرهای سوخت آموزش می‌بینند.​

آمریکا با وجود آنکه به همراه متحدانش در ماه‌های گذشته به تشدید روند ارسال کمک‌های تسلیحاتی هر چه سنگین‌تر به اوکراین نظیر سامانه‌های دفاع موشکی، تانک‌ها و موشک‌ها ادامه داده، مدعی است اوکراین را قادر به اجرای حملات در خاک روسیه نخواهد ساخت. با وجود آنکه اوکراین از بابت حملات اخیر علیه برخی مناطق مسکونی در مسکو و شهرهای مرزی روسیه مسئولیتی قبول نکرده اما روسیه، شبه‌نظامیان مورد حمایت کی‌یف را عامل این حملات خوانده است. «دیمیتری مدودف»، معاون رئیس شورای امنیت روسیه به دنبال وقوع این حملات رژیم حاکم بر اوکراین را یک رژیم تروریست و نابودی آن را ضروری دانست.​

مارک میلی با هدف شرکت در مراسم هفتادونهمین سالگرد عملیات « D-Day» جنگ جهانی دوم، ضدحمله‌ای که نیروهای متفقین در زمان این جنگ برای عقب راندن نیروهای آلمان نازی در اروپا اجرا کردند، به فرانسه سفر کرده است.​

Iran must be vigilant of its own media, sometimes i have seen articles wirtten or videos that doesn t show the best for iranian interests. Spreading fake rumors to damage the image of Iran can be a subversive action among insiders to damage Iranian prestige.

Iran must be extreme vigilant and strong. Yes, Iran has to do the hard work with its air force, Russia and China are not trustworthy they dream with a world under its toes...they are delusional.

I guess you can find the reason right here

آمریکا: اوکراین در ضدحمله خود از آبرامز و اف-16 استفاده نمی‌کند

آمریکا اعلام کرد، اوکراین در ضد حمله قریب‌الوقوعش علیه ارتش روسیه از تسلیحات سنگینی همچون تانک‌های آبرامز و جنگنده‌های اف-۱۶ استفاده نخواهد کرد.

به گزارش مشرق، ژنرال «مارک میلی»، رئیس ستاد مشترک ارتش آمریکا ادعا کرد، تسلیحات سنگین آمریکایی نظیر تانک‌های آبرامز و جنگنده‌های اف-۱۶ در زمان اجرای ضدحمله قریب‌الوقوع اوکراین علیه روسیه آماده استفاده نخواهند بود.

بر اساس اعلام این ژنرال آمریکایی، واشنگتن برنامه آموزش کار با تانک‌های آبرامز به نظامیان اوکراینی را شروع کرده و با متحدانش در حال تدوین برنامه آموزشی مشابهی برای کار با جنگنده‌های اف-۱۶ به اوکراینی‌ها است.

به نوشته خبرگزاری «آسوشیتدپرس»،‌ مارک میلی در جریان سفرش به فرانسه و در ابتدای ورودش به این کشور گفت، برنامه آموزش استفاده از تانک‌های آمریکایی «آبرامز» به نظامیان اوکراینی شروع شده و واشنگتن و متحدانش در حال تدوین توافقاتی با موضوع آموزش استفاده از جنگنده های اف-۱۶ به این نظامیان هستند.

رئیس ستاد مشترک ارتش آمریکا در گفتگو با خبرنگاران مدعی شد: «همه نیاز اوکراین به یک نیروی هوایی مدرنیزه را به رسمیت می‌شناسند. ایجاد این نیرو به حجم قابل توجهی از زمان نیاز دارد.»

به نوشته آسوشیتدپرس، دریادار «نیکولاس ووژور»، رئیس بخش عملیات‌های ستاد مشترک ارتش فرانسه به خبرنگاران همراه با مارک میلی گفت: «هدف این است که توانمندی‌هایی در میان مدت تا دراز مدت به اوکراین داده شود.»

رئیس ستاد مشترک ارتش آمریکا مدعی شد، واشنگتن به همراه متحدانی همچون هلند و انگلیس که وعده مشارکت در عرضه اف-۱۶ های آمریکایی به اوکراین را داده‌اند، مشغول برنامه‌ریزی دقیق ابعاد کلاس‌های آموزش کار با این جنگنده، نوع تاکتیک‌های پروازی برای آنها و مکانهای ارائه این آموزش‌ها هستند.

چندی پیش «جو بایدن»، رئیس جمهور آمریکا از حمایت واشنگتن از ارائه آموزش کار با اف-۱۶ به نظامیان اوکراینی خبر داد اما آمریکا هنوز مشخص نکرده آیا مستقیما در عرضه این جنگنده‌ها به ارتش اوکراین مشارکت می‌کند یا خیر.

رئیس ستاد مشترک ارتش آمریکا گفت، همزمان برنامه آموزش کار با تانک‌های آبرامز به اوکراینی‌ها در حال اجرا است.

به نوشته آسوشیتدپرس، حدود ۲۰۰ سرباز اوکراینی از حدود یک هفته قبل شرکت در یک برنامه آموزشی حدودا ۱۲ هفته‌ای در آلمان برای کار با این تانک‌ها از جمله در زمینه مانور، شلیک و اجرای عملیات‌ با ترکیبی از تسلیحات را شروع‌ کرده‌اند. ۲۰۰ سرباز اوکراینی دیگر نیز در حوزه سوخت‌رسانی به تانکها و نگهداری از تانکرهای سوخت آموزش می‌بینند.

آمریکا با وجود آنکه به همراه متحدانش در ماه‌های گذشته به تشدید روند ارسال کمک‌های تسلیحاتی هر چه سنگین‌تر به اوکراین نظیر سامانه‌های دفاع موشکی، تانک‌ها و موشک‌ها ادامه داده، مدعی است اوکراین را قادر به اجرای حملات در خاک روسیه نخواهد ساخت. با وجود آنکه اوکراین از بابت حملات اخیر علیه برخی مناطق مسکونی در مسکو و شهرهای مرزی روسیه مسئولیتی قبول نکرده اما روسیه، شبه‌نظامیان مورد حمایت کی‌یف را عامل این حملات خوانده است. «دیمیتری مدودف»، معاون رئیس شورای امنیت روسیه به دنبال وقوع این حملات رژیم حاکم بر اوکراین را یک رژیم تروریست و نابودی آن را ضروری دانست.

مارک میلی با هدف شرکت در مراسم هفتادونهمین سالگرد عملیات « D-Day» جنگ جهانی دوم، ضدحمله‌ای که نیروهای متفقین در زمان این جنگ برای عقب راندن نیروهای آلمان نازی در اروپا اجرا کردند، به فرانسه سفر کرده است.​

My quote from past.

Su-35S will be moved to 2024. Russia can not produce additional numbers and the political bargaining chip is too big to lose in front of western countries.

The best way for Iran is to look inward, leadership needs to wake up and do for IRIAF what they did for Aerospace forces, Airdefence, and the Navy.

If the national effort resulted in Bavar-373 paralleling S-400 when S-300 deal got in jeopardy then we can sure make a 4+ generation interceptor as well. The blueprints are already there.

My quote from past.

The best way for Iran is to look inward, leadership needs to wake up and do for IRIAF what they did for Aerospace forces, Airdefence, and the Navy.

If the national effort resulted in Bavar-373 paralleling S-400 when S-300 deal got in jeopardy then we can sure make a 4+ generation interceptor as well. The blueprints are already there.
You are right.

My experience is, Russia will provide Iran with high tech requirements in that field without exposing itself to western exploitation. For example, they delivered Nebo to Iran when Iran was looking for a capable airdefense systems. Dealing with Russia has its own conditions after all.

The bottom line is that the IRGC, with its superior technology, is concentrating its resources on a small number of missiles and UAVs and has no intention of expanding its reach.
When Artesh builds a variety of fighters, the IRGC builds nothing.
When Artesh builds a large variety of UAVs, the IRGC concentrates its resources on four families: shahed-129, 149, 136, and 171.
When Artesh makes countless types of SAMs, the IRGC concentrates on the 3rd Khordard.
When Artesh builds a slow stream of different ships, the IRGC concentrates on shahid soleimani and builds them in large numbers.
Unfortunately, rapid progress is not possible as long as Artesh, which is overstretched, is responsible for air force and air defense.
If the qaher-313 and Bavar-373 were in charge of the IRGC, there is no doubt that they would have been built and improved rapidly, but that is a pipe dream.
The pragmatic IRGC is probably not interested in maintaining an air force and will continue to build the Iranian Air Force only at a very slow pace.

You are right.

My experience is, Russia will provide Iran with high tech requirements in that field without exposing itself to western exploitation. For example, they delivered Nebo to Iran when Iran was looking for a capable airdefense systems. Dealing with Russia has its own conditions after all.

Russia indeed has transferred lots of stuff like that through front companies some of which are not even located inside Russia. The problem is not Russia to the fullest, it's the lack of understanding of these ground battle-hardened old man from Iraq war era in power in Iran now who simply do not value IRIAF that much anymore.

To their defense, Iran has leaped forward in UCAVs and BM/CM in the last 10 years so attacking the enemy is no longer a headache for IRIAF. Similarly, IADS started taking shape, we have layer after layer of AD being developed in Iran that can enforce Anti Access Area Denial A2/AD over the Persian Gulf and some 200 KM deeper into enemy territory. Atleast no 4.0 Gen aircraft can walk in easily into Iranian airspace. All the while missile power of IRGC will ruin the enemy airbases. This thinking has led to budget cuts for IRIAF.

Meanwhile, IRIAF itself has been in the hands of legacy lobbies from the 90s who kept on eating up $$ to maintain aircraft that added no value. 70% of the fleet is made of such circus jets. Even to this day if leadership just commits that IRIAF has to be rebuilt just like how SL ordered Bavar-373 construction then we will see how 12-15 x 4th generation fighters will start rolling out of HESA floors annually. But he would not do that for obvious reasons.

The F-4 SM is in operation but you haven't seen anything and that
to pass under the nose. Continue to delirious on the IRIAF, you lower the level of this section with your demagoguery and the skids of your arguments. And time is on my side and you will lose face. Everything in its time

And congratulations Iran for the research and technological development through the F-7 which is simply brilliant but again, you have absolutely nothing understood as usual this ingenious process. No the F-7 will not be removed, it will be very useful.

This article makes for a very sobering [to put it mildly] read,at least judging from the google trans version.
https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1402/03/12/2905134/%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AD%D8%AF%DB%8C-%D8%A8%D9%87-%D8%B3%D9%88%D8%AE%D9%88%D9%87%D8%A7%DB%8C-%D8%AC%D8%AF%DB%8C%D8%AF-%D9%86%DB%8C%D8%A7%D8%B2-%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%B1%DB%8C%D9%85-%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%86%D9%85%D8%A7%DB%8C%DB%8C-%D8%A7%D8%B2-%D9%BE%D8%A7%DB%8C%DA%AF%D8%A7%D9%87-%D9%87%D8%A7%DB%8C-%D8%B2%DB%8C%D8%B1%D8%B2%D9%85%DB%8C%D9%86%DB%8C-%D8%AC%D8%AF%DB%8C%D8%AF-%D9%86%D9%87%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%A7

Heres a couple of the quotes that really shocked me below:

"Amirvahedi said about the purchase of the Sukhoi 35 fighter: We need the Sukhoi aircraft that has been mentioned, but we do not know when it will enter our squadron, and this is related to the decision of the country's high-ranking officials. To buy a new plane, we have to get training from the manufacturer country, and then the master pilots train the next generations"

"In response to a question about building a Phoenix-like missile, Vahidi said: I don't know much about the Maqsood air-based missile, but I know that good work has been done in this field, but this missile has not yet been delivered to us for testing"

Comments like these simply leave one open mouthed.This guy is supposed to be the head of the iriaf ffs.

If any native farsi speakers here could give a more in depth translation or opinion on this article I would be greatful.

This article makes for a very sobering [to put it mildly] read,at least judging from the google trans version.
https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1402/03/12/2905134/%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AD%D8%AF%DB%8C-%D8%A8%D9%87-%D8%B3%D9%88%D8%AE%D9%88%D9%87%D8%A7%DB%8C-%D8%AC%D8%AF%DB%8C%D8%AF-%D9%86%DB%8C%D8%A7%D8%B2-%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%B1%DB%8C%D9%85-%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%86%D9%85%D8%A7%DB%8C%DB%8C-%D8%A7%D8%B2-%D9%BE%D8%A7%DB%8C%DA%AF%D8%A7%D9%87-%D9%87%D8%A7%DB%8C-%D8%B2%DB%8C%D8%B1%D8%B2%D9%85%DB%8C%D9%86%DB%8C-%D8%AC%D8%AF%DB%8C%D8%AF-%D9%86%D9%87%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%A7

Heres a couple of the quotes that really shocked me below:

"Amirvahedi said about the purchase of the Sukhoi 35 fighter: We need the Sukhoi aircraft that has been mentioned, but we do not know when it will enter our squadron, and this is related to the decision of the country's high-ranking officials. To buy a new plane, we have to get training from the manufacturer country, and then the master pilots train the next generations"

"In response to a question about building a Phoenix-like missile, Vahidi said: I don't know much about the Maqsood air-based missile, but I know that good work has been done in this field, but this missile has not yet been delivered to us for testing"

Comments like these simply leave one open mouthed.This guy is supposed to be the head of the iriaf ffs.

If any native farsi speakers here could give a more in depth translation or opinion on this article I would be greatful.
In case of SU-35, I guess, by "high ranking officials" he meant to say defense minister. We don't have a good memory from dealing with Russia in the defense sector. For example, before receiving S300, the defense minister had to go to Russia and remind them of a signed contract, i remember when he suddenly left Russia before schedule and we know what was the reason.

Btw, For whatever reason, both Iran and Russia are still willing to deny any kind of military cooperation. Iran also denied drone delivery to Russia.

There was good news too, about upgrading F14 and F4 with homemade components. A homemade airborne radar is also installed on Iranian fighter jets.

The part about Phoenix variant was disapponting to say the least. As the head of IRIAF, he should lose sleep for every news about progress of that important project.

In case of SU-35, I guess, by "high ranking officials" he meant to say defense minister. We don't have a good memory from dealing with Russia in the defense sector. For example, before receiving S300, the defense minister had to go to Russia and remind them of a signed contract, i remember when he suddenly left Russia before schedule and we know what was the reason.

Btw, For whatever reason, both Iran and Russia are still willing to deny any kind of military cooperation. Iran also denied drone delivery to Russia.

There was good news too, about upgrading F14 and F4 with homemade components. A homemade airborne radar is also installed on Iranian fighter jets.

The part about Phoenix variant was disapponting to say the least. As the head of IRIAF, he should lose sleep for every news about progress of that important project.
Do you have any info on what this homemade airborne radar is.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom