What's new

Iraq to buy 12 JF-17 Thunder jets from Pakistan

Very good news if true. Definitely will fetch more resources to be spent in R&D for further improvements as well as increasing numbers besides reduction in manufacturing cost.

I hope the news is not manipulated.

Isn't the same amount and number of jets which Argentina has also allocated it:

The Iraqi government has approved the amount of 664 million USD for the purchase of 12 fighter aircraft from Pakistan.

But I know that it's an offer, not an actual purchase

As in recent video the iraqi defense minister stated his ongoing discussion for rafale with France.

A deal being signed upon first visit to Pakistan got jf17, that's not how things work.

But I know that it's an offer, not an actual purchase

As in recent video the iraqi defense minister stated his ongoing discussion for rafale with France.

A deal being signed upon first visit to Pakistan got jf17, that's not how things work.

Lets see how this goes,
French deal usually means a lot of intermediaries making a lot of money; we know how the F-16 deal went.

Whatever Iraq selects, we wish them the best;
This is not the state and position Iraq should be, It should be way ahead of all the rest.

Fighter jet deals are complicated and time consuming. JF17 have been exported to two countries and the fact that so many countries are discussing it, shows its a success. JF17 hits the sweet spot between cost and capabilities and it has huge potential. Seeing the interest of so many countries in B3, i am sure there will be plans for B4 soon.

this is NOt the first visit but one more visit of Iraqi Official announced officially.

Keep in mind I am not saying deal is done I am only saying the interest of Iraq in JF-17 was know from some time and Iraqi delegations in past mde more than one visit to JF-17 factory.

So the news have 50:50 chances of occuring Ture, therefore we must wait for official confirmation.

Fighter jet deals are complicated and time consuming. JF17 have been exported to two countries and the fact that so many countries are discussing it, shows its a success. JF17 hits the sweet spot between cost and capabilities and it has huge potential. Seeing the interest of so many countries in B3, i am sure there will be plans for B4 soon.

I agree, exports will grow now that the feedback from mynmaar, Pakistan and Nigeria is coming in..
Also, JF17 has seen action against India on Feb27, which shows the confidence Pakistan has against a big regional power. The fact the plane can challenge su30mki and mirage 2000-5, has gotten attention.

Feb27 is a blessing indisguise

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom