What's new

Iranian Version of RQ-170 Drone Makes Maiden Flight

View attachment 150904

to those that say it's just an RC . technically all of drones are RC and not manned .so yep even the american version is just an RC .
RC = remote control

It's the first time I'm seeing this pic from a black version, it seems to be the real size.

@SOHEIL Is it the one shown in the video?

Last edited:
Iranian members!

Stop commenting please!

Please do this if you trust me...

& don't forget:

10171667_519811731488491_7385376530086895606_n.jpg

Gonna slap the bitches soon!

This is a working trap!

to those who say it's just an RC . technically all of drones are RC and not manned .so yep even the american version is just an RC .
RC = remote control

RC means " Radio Controlled".....:rolleyes:

Drones controlled by LOS datalink or SATCOM, if you try to control a drone with a RF antenna, your operational range will be very minimal...

This above post is SOHEIL's way of refuting the "Your drone has RF antenna on it, it's an RC" sentence.

Now, i can't look up the previous posts and he editted his post. But he called this UAV "Taranis"...Taranis is an experimental drone produced to study 6th Gen Fighters.. it is a complex machine.

However; The UAV in that pic is not "Taranis" but "Raven" again build by BAE systems.

Finless Raven

View attachment 151076

A subsequent nine-month design and build process led to the December 2003 flight of the Raven unmanned combat air vehicle (UCAV) platform (pictured below), demonstrating technologies related to the UK’s now-abandoned Future Offensive Air System project. Describing the finless design as representative of a sixth-generation air vehicle, Andy Wilson, BAE’s sales and marketing director for military autonomous systems (air), says: “It flew just as a manned aircraft would, although it is a highly unstable vehicle with complex control laws.” A second Raven demonstrator also conducted test flights from Australia’s Woomera test range from November 2004.

Remote horizon: BAE Systems' UAV plans unveiled - 2/28/2006 - Flight Global

Then it evolved into ->Corax - > Herti -> Taranis.

As you can see Raven is most possibly a RC scaled UAV, produced to study the aerodynamics of the unstable flight characteristics of flying-wing type UAV. That's why you are seing RF antennas on it.

The real deal (Taranis) is here.

As you can see no antennas or such staff....

RC means " Radio Controlled"
if you try to control a drone with a RF antenna, your operational range will be very minimal
whatever remote control or radio controlled remember it was the first flight test of this prototype . and it's obviously not the operational version. so they need to use all forms of control because they don't know what may happen in the first flight test. and they don't need max range in first flight test . if it has an antenna it does't mean that it doesn't use any other form of control . whatever being said in this thread.. it's small , it only use rf , etc .. no one can prove these things . and nobody said it's the operational version. so lets leave it here . by the way get married man :D what do you do here ? congrats anyway ;)

Last edited:
LMAO :lol:

b!tchiZ may cry :lol:

do u know how much it hurts right now ? :D
Congratulation brother on this remarkable achievement:cheers:.Iran has really shown to the entire world that sanctions alone can't beat the aspiration and will power of a country to achieve something significant.Proud to see an Asian country making such progress in literally every technical field:tup::tup:.I just wish that our incompetent State owned DRDO can learn something fruitful from this remarkable feat:rolleyes:.Anyways,i hope that the Govt. of India buys some of these deadly birds from Iran a.s.a.p.:P

It's not the same place or the same drone in the video.

And.. Sofreh Mahi..

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 76
whatever remote control or radio controlled remember it was the first flight test of this prototype . and it's obviously not the operational version. so they need to use all forms of control because they don't know what may happen in the first flight test. and they don't need max range in first flight test . if it has an antenna it does't mean that it doesn't use any other form of control . whatever being said in this thread.. it's small , it only use rf , etc .. no one can prove these things . and nobody said it's the operational version. so lets leave it here .

Haman don't be sarcastic, give me a straight answer for an easy question.

Is this the real deal or R/C ?

i am not here to answer your questions , but since its on topic and a non-troll question :

its the real deal .

^^^^ That was the reason why i asked that question in the first place.

by the way get married man :D what do you doing here ? congrats anyway ;)

Thx man. :) Though i only proposed. Marriage will be like 8-10 months later. :)

Congratulation brother on this remarkable achievement:cheers:.Iran has really shown to the entire world that sanctions alone can't beat the aspiration and will power of a country to achieve something significant.Proud to see an Asian country making such progress in literally every technical field:tup::tup:.I just wish that our incompetent State owned DRDO can learn something fruitful from this remarkable feat:rolleyes:.Anyways,i hope that the Govt. of India buys some of these deadly birds from Iran a.s.a.p.:P
Tnx bro , that is very very sweet .

anyway , we're ready to Swap them with your 5th Gen fighter jets :p:

give us 10 of your T-50s and we'll give u 50 of these :D :enjoy:

Tnx bro , that is very very sweet .

anyway , we're ready to Swap them with your 5th Gen fighter jets :p:

give us 10 of your T-50s and we'll give u 50 of these :D :enjoy:
Bro,T-50 is not our aircraft,it's 100% Russian property,ours will be known as HAL FGFA and it won't be ready before 2025:(:(.We'll be more than happy to give you our FGFA but you'll have to wait till 2025 to get that:-).In the mean time you can always order some T-50 PAK/FA from Russia:enjoy:.I am quite sure that Russia won't deny Iran given their current strained relationship with the western world:).

Bro,T-50 is not our aircraft,it's 100% Russian property,ours will be known as HAL FGFA and it won't be ready before 2025:(:(.We'll be more than happy to give you our FGFA but you'll have to wait till 2025 to get that:-).In the mean time you can always order some T-50 PAK/FA from Russia:enjoy:.I am quite sure that Russia won't deny Iran given their current strained relationship with the western world:).
nah , russians are back-stabbers when it comes to military contracts :D

we better wait till 2025 :p:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom