What's new

Iranian Space program

I think iran doing good progress in space.Here is the monster indian..

Indian rocket.jpg

One technical question for my friends here:

The mechanical energy of a satellite in an elliptical orbit is computed using this formula:

E= -GMm/2a

Where "a" is the semi-major axis of the elliptical orbit.

What I can not rationalize is the fact that the bigger "a" gets, the smaller the energy becomes. However, I think it requires a larger missile and thus more energy to put the satellite on a higher orbit. Assuming that total satellite energy equals the amount of energy used by the missile minus energy loss due to friction, then higher orbit should represent higher energy.

I'd appreciate input from anybody who knows the physics involved.
Dude, the point is higher orbit actually represent less energy.you simply missed the - at that formula.my words might be worng though.

Dude, the point is higher orbit actually represent less energy.you simply missed the - at that formula.my words might be worng though.

The higher the orbit, the higher is total energy of the satellite (potential energy + kinetic energy). That is why bigger rockets (imparting more energy) are needed to achieve higher orbits.

The higher the orbit, the higher is total energy of the satellite (potential energy + kinetic energy). That is why bigger rockets (imparting more energy) are needed to achieve higher orbits.
But the formula doesn't show this.

"-" is a sign that the potential energy of the satellite is more than its kinetic at any given orbit. However, the formula suggests that the bigger the apogee, the lower the total energy. This is what I don't understand.

@Serpentine can you ask this question from one of the guys in your university and let me know the answer?

Last edited:
I think iran doing good progress in space.Here is the monster indian..

View attachment 189837

Wonderful. India has had a very successful space program. The first Indian satellite launch was done by a rocket very similar to Iran's Safir SLV in 1980: Satellite Launch Vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then India moved on to ASLV: Augmented Satellite Launch Vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then to PSLV: Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iran has similar plans and @SOHEIL can give you more details about it.

The important thing is not to abandon the program. India during the early days of its space program could not even afford proper satellite transportation and used bullcart to transport its satellites to launch pad:

Bullock_Cart.jpg

But the program was never abandoned and eventually produced this:

15lead8.jpg

It should be a lesson for Iran. Never abandon the science projects.

Congratulations Iranians!

Wish you success in further space technologies and launches!

The important thing is not to abandon the program. India during the early days of its space program could not even afford proper satellite transportation and used bullcart to transport its satellites to launch pad:

Bullock_Cart.jpg

But the program was never abandoned and eventually produced this:

It should be a lesson for Iran. Never abandon the science projects.
Along with this image, there is another image, which is Iconic (for us).

An early image for our space program.
main-qimg-f4a89b89e7d8b6a02c0ef6ed6249e189

images

Last edited:
But the formula doesn't show this.

"-" is a sign that the potential energy of the satellite is more than its kinetic at any given orbit. However, the formula suggests that the bigger the apogee, the lower the total energy. This is what I don't understand.

I am not a physicist. But a perfect circular orbit with earth in the center of it, would mean a satellite that has a constant kinetic and potential energy as the orbit would be a very simple one with a constant altitude, like the Geostationary orbit. In an elliptical orbit eg. the geostationary transfer orbit, the satellite is changing altitude and speed (the closer to earth in perigee, the higher the speed).

Congratulations Iranians!

Wish you success in further space technologies and launches!

Along with this image, there is another image, which is Iconic (for us).

An early image for our space program.
main-qimg-f4a89b89e7d8b6a02c0ef6ed6249e189

images

It is iconic for every one. It proves that science does not belong only to the rich. The poor and the hungry can make their mark in sciences too. The only lesson here is the perseverance of the nation.

Good Job Iran.

No word of congrats from Saudis??:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Saudis are busy rectifying the scandal they have produced with their Top Universities and their published scientific papers!!! Have you heard the news guys?

The top Saudi university ranked 7 in mathematics and some other fields and this had caused STANFORD university (the number one global uni in math) to go way lower in university ranking to as low as 29th university globally (if I,m not wrong).

This made everything so suspicious. They started a field investigation about it. Do you know what they found out???

They found out that the majority of scientists published under the name of Saudi universities were not actually even visiting Saudi Arabia or respected universities. They paid huge sums to top ranked scientists to publish their work under SAUDI UNIVERSITY name!!!

Dear Saudi brothers. In order for KSA to be able to be advanced and modern, you don't need to buy papers. Build huge buildings by the hand of foreigners, buy this or buy that with a free-come oil money. In order to be counted as advanced or industrialized you need to first change the culture of your children and encourage them to study and innovate. You need to help your local private or public sector to be formed in different industries. When you don't have any employment background for most of your graduates, then they have no choice but to teach other students some theoric stuff and practical stuff that they never learned in real industries. You need to invest your oil money in proper education and in funding the infra needed for your graduates to work in.

What a blow!!
پایگاه خبری - تحلیلی قدس آنلاین - مهمترین دانشگاه عربستان زیر سئوال رفت/ پژوهشگرانی که هیچ وقت نبودند!
مهمترین دانشگاه عربستان زیر سئوال رفت/ پژوهشگرانی که هیچ وقت نبودند!

Thanks.

No, not even one word.:sarcastic: Neither from Turks.:omghaha: But it is understandable.;) We know their feelings though.:coffee:
Turkey is well in the right path in science and tech. Be fair. Exclude Turkey from this.
Turkey is a well advanced country in most practical fields of science and tech. They lag in one section but well ahead in other ones.
Actually, in whole Islamic world and Middle East, there are only few countries on the right path. Countries like Turkey, Iran, Malaysia, Indonesia, Israel and to some extent Pakistan and Kazakhstan. This is why I give credit to Turkey and even Israel while I,m Iranian. I consider them very successful. We should learn from them in some points and they should learn some from ours.
Keep going Islamic nations

Turkey is well in the right path in science and tech. Be fair. Exclude Turkey from this.
Turkey is a well advanced country in most practical fields of science and tech. They lag in one section but well ahead in other ones.
Actually, in whole Islamic world and Middle East, there are only few countries on the right path. Countries like Turkey, Iran, Malaysia, Indonesia, Israel and to some extent Pakistan and Kazakhstan. This is why I give credit to Turkey and even Israel while I,m Iranian. I consider them very successful. We should learn from them in some points and they should learn some from ours.
Keep going Islamic nations

I did not say, they were not. But they did not say a word of congrats here. We were not talking about science and its progress. We were talking about how others FEEL about Iran's progress.

Back
Top Bottom