What's new

Iranian Space program

@ Indians......this thread is not about Indian space program.....
we enjoy that , especially at this point when after 17 pages we have done our celebrations (LOL) and its time to get a grasp and compare each other to others present in space .

wow... this is some serious sh...it... I like it... you can fit a whole house in its nose!! India is well ahead of Iran in space tech... I wish Iran can catch up soon... Long live India
india is about 5 years or so ahead of iran , if we want to catch up we definitely should step up our game and stop delaying launches for political reasons .

we have Simorgh carrier which is in line to be launched for almost 3 years now . we have Ghaem completed too .

I did not say, they were not. But they did not say a word of congrats here. We were not talking about science and its progress. We were talking about how others FEEL about Iran's progress.
Yes, I know what you mean... but we must change this stupid hostility between Iranians and Turks or even Arabs... It does not serve our future nor our current interests... They are successful too..so they should respect us and feel happy for us..the same goes for us... we should respect them and be happy when they achieve something valuable... other than this, you,re the MAN brother

Yes, I know what you mean... but we must change this stupid hostility between Iranians and Turks or even Arabs... It does not serve our future nor our current interests... They are successful too..so they should respect us and feel happy for us..the same goes for us... we should respect them and be happy when they achieve something valuable... other than this, you,re the MAN brother

I know. Thanks for reminding it again. I will be the first one to go and congratulate Turks when they launch their first satellite, despite that they did not come here to congratulate Iran. I guarantee you that.

we enjoy that , especially at this point when after 17 pages we have done our celebrations (LOL) and its time to get a grasp and compare each other to others present in space .

india is about 5 years or so ahead of iran , if we want to catch up we definitely should step up our game and stop delaying launches for political reasons .

we have Simorgh carrier which is in line to be launched for almost 3 years now . we have Ghaem completed too .

I do not know why they delay it. Delay is very bad for science projects. Indians and others like Russia were successful because they used to launch satellites continuously not only on a special stupid "space day" celebration week. At this pace, launching one satellite after three years, we will not catch up to India even by end of this century. There must be half a dozen launches each year. This is the minimum if the program is going to become a commercially and economically viable one.

Israel is a nation by definition since UN start up by help of its parents who use their power to fit a short one into tall list. So, wise man would definitely know the difference between this NATION and Iranian or other well established Nations!!

The H index comes from the impact of a paper or the number of citations other scientists made in their papers in regard to one paper. If you were of scientific background or even passed once by any scientists you would definitely know that:

- H index is a LAGGING indicator and needs years to be SHOWN in H Index.
- H index is mostly affected by two factors:
a) How known that scientist is to science community.
b) How long ago that paper published in international scale.

So, this is the case for a country who just recently joined science powers. This was the case for South Korea, India, Brasil, China. This has nothing to do with ones country scientists being smarter other one.

Here a definition of H index:
H-Index: What It Is and How to Find Yours | BenchFly

Although there is one condition. If a country has been in the game for so long and still the H index is low, this could mean two things. 1- The quality of the paper is low. 2- The papers mostly published in a language other than English and never translated to English. This is mostly the case for Russia. If all Russian papers were translated, it will stand at top 5.
Papers need to be published first and spread all over the science community. Everybody in ISI field knows it takes many years for a paper to be cited by others... If we take your example right, then Israel must be scientifically more powerful than countries like China, South Korea , Russia . But is it really???

The talk about X county did this achievement in 1900 and we did it in 2000 has no value. If this is the case, Russia sent the first rocket to moon. The first satellite. They are FIRST or second in many scientific fields. But does this makes Russia stronger than let,s say US? of course not.. So, stop, this we sent this satellite 20 years ago and you did it just now! The level of existing science matters. And most top nations are No,1 or No.2 in one or two aspects. Israel is top in water and waste management. Iran was among the firsts to clone a living animal. They were among the firsts to use stem cells in applied medicine and transplant surgery and etc.
Btw, that innovation index is very doubtful. I have read an article rejecting it as they put some well known power houses below some little ones. And we in Iran normally don't trust this kind of rankings as Iran is under full sanctions now. Little comes out of Iran in terms of innovation. It is like Israel rank first in Olympics when Russia, USA and China is sanctioned to participate. So, do u consider that rank credible? I don't. The number of innovations and inventions in Iranian science and technology R&D parks which are more than 20 now is way bigger than many known competitors. But we have no choice but to keep our innovations inside.

Even since late 2013 Iranian scientists can not register their scientific papers in ISI or they have to do it with middle men. This caused Iranian number of papers to stay around 39000 while Iranian higher education talk about 46000 papers produced in 2014.

I personally, am not arrogant. I admire and confess Israel for having many good scientists. I put Israel in top 25 industrialized nations if not top 20. In some fields Israel is even in top 5. In some fields it has a long way to go yet. The same goes for Iran. Iran is in top 7 in some very high tech fields and lower rank in others.

For comparison, you need to break every field of science down. There is a drop down list you can choose from.
SJR - International Science Ranking

Stop this none sense. We are enemies by politics and principals. This does not mean I have to ignore your bright side and scientific power. One must be fair to friends and even fairer to enemies. Sometimes people ask me about Israeli quality of products in my field of expertise. Sometimes, I say, it is better than the Iranian one. Sometime, I say the Iranian product is better than Israeli. Still, I wish Israel to change its wild, cruel, inhuman way as I wish some of my country's bad habits to go away.

So, stop this non sense or you embarrass yourself. Doing this you seem like an arrogant child who sometimes pretend to be sleep and sometimes is rude.

Long live science as long as it is for human being good.

Citation per paper also lagging so? H index is number of papers with at least X citation, so for example if a person has published 17 papers his maximum H index can be 17 when all 17 papers will reach X citation. H index is literally metric of individual papers with X=/<citation. I believe that citation per document is more of quality metric than H index, citation per paper is quality over quantity while H index limited by number of papers.
Citation per document 1996-2013:
...............................................................................Israel_/_Iran
Chemical Engineering......................................... 24.40__11.50
Chemistry..............................................................22.66__13.60
Computer science................................................13.54__06.12
Decision science..................................................13.83__11.33
Dentistry................................................................14.71__10.74
Earth and planetary sciences..............................20.50__07.99
Economics, econometrics and finances............14.03__14.69
Energy...................................................................11.55__07.68
Engineering..........................................................10.72__06.81
Environmental science........................................16.56__12.31
Health professions..............................................13.39__12.70
Immunology and microbiology...........................29.61__14.15
Material science...................................................14.34__10.12
Mathematics........................................................10.01__06.61
Medicine...............................................................19.85__09.42
Multidisciplinary...................................................110.1__17.77
Neuroscience........................................................29.85__14.73
Nursing..................................................................15.05__14.60
Pharmacology, toxicology and pharmaceutics..21.41__13.51
Physics and astronomy.......................................16.98__09.84
Sanction has little to do with science, Iran as energy giants have no problem in acquiring latest technologies, lack of innovation is rather cultural phenomena than again sanction or lack of talent.
My condescending reply was addressed not to you but to your countryman who has belittle Israel and its scientific and technological achievements.

It can be embarrassing, Israel nation of 5 million Jews outsmarts Iran nation of 70 million.

Amos 4 built by Israeli Aerospace Industries, mass of 4,250kg.
40178.jpg
What is the purpose of this satellite? Just out of curiosity.

don't go off-topic here

you can use "whatever" topic in members section . @Serpentine
It is not off-topic. It is about a subject that is represented by a post which is on-topic, so that it could have been keeping existing to date.

And if I'd start reporting off-topic materials here in this thread there would be only 5-10 posts left alive.

Is the 'satellite' made of cardboard like the rest of their 'great' achievements ?
very sturdy cardboard I am say, if it managed to survive the launch to its destination.
if you are taking below the belt (wait.. oh yea Iranians don't wear tents) remark re their ultra modern 313 fighter then I think we can find out the truth if the rest of the world picked up the launch .. this cant be hidden from other countries.

@haman10 were other countries notified about the launch?

India / Pakistan notify their missile tests to each other and major powers as a part of agreed protocol.

another question, did the launch mad had this slogan on one side?

مرگ بر امریکہ

I love it when a Persian says it :)

Citation per paper also lagging so? H index is number of papers with at least X citation, so for example if a person has published 17 papers his maximum H index can be 17 when all 17 papers will reach X citation. H index is literally metric of individual papers with X=/<citation. I believe that citation per document is more of quality metric than H index, citation per paper is quality over quantity while H index limited by number of papers.
Citation per document 1996-2013:
...............................................................................Israel_/_Iran
Chemical Engineering......................................... 24.40__11.50
Chemistry..............................................................22.66__13.60
Computer science................................................13.54__06.12
Decision science..................................................13.83__11.33
Dentistry................................................................14.71__10.74
Earth and planetary sciences..............................20.50__07.99
Economics, econometrics and finances............14.03__14.69
Energy...................................................................11.55__07.68
Engineering..........................................................10.72__06.81
Environmental science........................................16.56__12.31
Health professions..............................................13.39__12.70
Immunology and microbiology...........................29.61__14.15
Material science...................................................14.34__10.12
Mathematics........................................................10.01__06.61
Medicine...............................................................19.85__09.42
Multidisciplinary...................................................110.1__17.77
Neuroscience........................................................29.85__14.73
Nursing..................................................................15.05__14.60
Pharmacology, toxicology and pharmaceutics..21.41__13.51
Physics and astronomy.......................................16.98__09.84
Sanction has little to do with science, Iran as energy giants have no problem in acquiring latest technologies, lack of innovation is rather cultural phenomena than again sanction or lack of talent.
My condescending reply was addressed not to you but to your countryman who has belittle Israel and its scientific and technological achievements.

You're right... when we take the long period of 1996 -2013 into consideration, Iran is still lower than Turkey and many others in 2013 ranking. Although, the gap is closing fast and the total number of published researched of Iran, surpassed Israel and Turkey already. Iran has just witnessed huge growth rate recently in both quantity and quality. The pace is accelerating since 2005 If I,m not wrong. But, I agree as I said... Israel is one advanced country in science. I can't predict how these two countries will be in terms of science and tech in let,s say 10 years from now (If no wars God forbid). but I,m sure both will gain more reputation in this field. I,m very optimistic about future. everybody who lives in Iran today, can feel the huge change in people attitude and feeling toward progress and science.

Regarding not being sanctioned for science papers. I disagree. I have faced many young scientists who can not pay for the register fee in order for their research to be counted in ISI rankings becoz there is literally no ways to pay for it. This problem is even worse since late 2013.

Given the ISI data, it was apparent that scientific productivity in Iran has substantially improved over the past decade, with a record of 20610 publications indexed in 2010. The same trend of growth was obvious in number of citations, and H-index (Table 1). Science growth in Iran over the past 35 years

I must disagree with you, saying Iranian scientists have an access to latest technologies. If this was the case, we would n't be forced to build almost everything in Iran while it is easier and more affordable to just buy some of it from international markets. I live in Iran and have personal observations about this. I know it is sometimes impossible for us to elaborate with other scientific centers. Let,s put aside the difficulty of paying related fees. Iran is sanctioned financially becoz both Central Bank is sanctioned and SWIFT does not serve us. This means I personally can not even pay a simple fee outside of Iran. You have no idea how difficult it is. The good thing is that we still have some local Iranian scientific magazines to publish our research and still counted in ISI ranking.

The culture of innovation and research is well developed among Iranian students. Not all of them, of course. Not in Iran and not anywhere else in world all students or people of one country are active in this field. Only a small part of students are nerd enough to spend their time on pure research. Although, what I see from around me in Iran. The fever to invent, research or study is very wide spread among those who are illegible for innovation. The only thing that Iran lacks is forcing non-military governmental companies to spend more in R&D.

So, I guess the spirit of innovation and research is well established in Iranian students. At least much better than a decade ago. If it was a culture problem, we would not see Iran having the highest global growth rate in science and tech.

Beside all this, I am a fan of promoting peace and humanity. A fan of talking about stupid hostilities between different nations. I wish for a day that both Iran and Israel correct their mistakes and live like respectful neighbors. Israel has done many wrong things in his short life of existence. Iran has done some too. I wish we ordinary people, correct this. At least try to fix this. Long live science. Long live humanity. Long live fairness. Long live Iran

Is the 'satellite' made of cardboard like the rest of their 'great' achievements ?
Yes it is made of carboard. So, you must have nothing to worry about!! I,m wondering why USA always express their worry about Iranian advancements in space or Missile tech when it is only made out of cardboard.

Take your none sense childish crap somewhere else bro in humanity.

Long live Iran and whatever cardboard made stuff it makes

...Yes it is made of carboard. So, you must have nothing to worry about!! I,m wondering why USA always express their worry about Iranian advancements in space or Missile tech when it is only made out of cardboard.

Take your none sense childish crap somewhere else bro in humanity.

Long live Iran and whatever cardboard made stuff it makes

We don't 'worry' about Iran. We LAUGH at Iran. LONG LIVE IRAN !!! (we need the humor):bunny:

no , we actually upgraded the material to Tarpaulin and we intend to develop them from here . no worries mate , i'd also be curious to know that missile made by which material are capable of reaching new york .

the answer is : Tarpaulin with a little cardboard to stabilize it in high speeds . the impact would be like this :

lindsay_tramp_2_2.jpg

were other countries notified about the launch?
no , why would they ? there is no protocol as such .

a NOTAM is issued but no one is notified of a launch

مرگ بر امریکہ

I love it when a Persian says it
why do you love that ? :)

no we didn't , do u use such an slogan on your missiles ? just outta curiosity ..... cause statistically u hate them more than we do .

Even as an supporter of Israel, i sincerely wish Iran only the best in its aim to advance space technology/capabilities.
Space & the worlds beyond Earth are key to Humankind's future.

Sorry for my ignorance, but is there actually any other Islamic country that can put something into space besides Iran?

Back
Top Bottom