What's new

Iranian Space program

It is in elliptical orbit in first phase and then it uses its intra orbital cold gas device to move into a CIRCULAR orbit..and this is exactly what keeps the sat for a year and half up there

If the thruster engines work. It is experimental and the very first time, Iran is attempting an orbital maneuver.

If successful, it will help with Iran's future space missions.

Why can't Pakistan use their technology of Ghauri to put satellites in air.

Not that simple !!! :unsure:

vid_1.jpg vid_2.jpg vid_3.jpg vid_5.jpg vid_6.jpg vid_8.jpg

One technical question for my friends here:

The mechanical energy of a satellite in an elliptical orbit is computed using this formula:

E= -GMm/2a

Where "a" is the semi-major axis of the elliptical orbit.

What I can not rationalize is the fact that the bigger "a" gets, the smaller the energy becomes. However, I think it requires a larger missile and thus more energy to put the satellite on a higher orbit. Assuming that total satellite energy equals the amount of energy used by the missile minus energy loss due to friction, then higher orbit should represent higher energy.

I'd appreciate input from anybody who knows the physics involved.

Well if not "For", then will it be "with"???:D
Congrats to all Irnian mates in this forum. I see Iran in the space by 2020. Hopefully the Islamic countries cooperate in the space programs since our nations contributed to the discoveries and calculating and studeing it's phenomenon.

Back
Top Bottom