What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

breaking news : first Iranian submarine has been equipped with subsurface-to-surface missiles and enjoys a good anti-surface capability

the country is mass-producing subsurface-to-surface missile-launching systems

1607189806747.png

“The tests on the systems to launch subsurface-to-surface missiles to destroy surface targets have ended and today it has entered the executive processes for mass-production by the defense industries,” Head of the Iranian Navy’s Research and Self-Sufficiency Jihad Rear Admiral Majid Maqsoudi said.

"The submarine has in the past 10 days been equipped with subsurface-to-surface missiles and enjoys a good anti-surface capability," General Rastegari said.

General Rastegari said that Iran is capable of mass-producing and exporting Qadir submarines, adding, "Some of the friendly states are in negotiations with us to design submarines for them as well."

breaking news : first Iranian submarine has been equipped with subsurface-to-surface missiles and enjoys a good anti-surface capability

the country is mass-producing subsurface-to-surface missile-launching systems

View attachment 693476

“The tests on the systems to launch subsurface-to-surface missiles to destroy surface targets have ended and today it has entered the executive processes for mass-production by the defense industries,” Head of the Iranian Navy’s Research and Self-Sufficiency Jihad Rear Admiral Majid Maqsoudi said.

"The submarine has in the past 10 days been equipped with subsurface-to-surface missiles and enjoys a good anti-surface capability," General Rastegari said.

General Rastegari said that Iran is capable of mass-producing and exporting Qadir submarines, adding, "Some of the friendly states are in negotiations with us to design submarines for them as well."

A future second strike doctrine for Iran will really require these sub-surface to surface submarines with nuclear tipped cruise missiles should the situation call for it.

This is a good video. Considering that Iranian warships are now becoming more and more equipped with various modern sensor and variety of weapons the question that arises is the level of Integration of these Weapon/sensors. By the time a cruise missile is detected by a sensor there are only few seconds available to to detect-identify-track (cruise missile or jet fighter or slow moving plane)-select best weapon for the situation-hand over the track data to the weapon (chaff/CIWS or missile)- and then BOOM!...all this and you only have 20 seconds...
No human can do this fast enough so you need Integration of all the sensors and weapons together into workstations that can collect all sensors data. The aim is to provide a comprehensive picture of what is out there (and coming at you) to the mission workstations and if in the "Auto" mode (no human in the loop) take action..
That Integration is a huge (mostly Software) task and I have never read or heard anything on that subject for the Iranian ships (as they say the devil is in the details..lol).

Last edited:
This is a good video. Considering that Iranian warships are now becoming more and more equipped with various modern sensor and variety of weapons the question that arises is the level of Integration of these Weapon/sensors. By the time a cruise missile is detected by a sensor there are only few seconds available to to detect-identify-track (cruise missile or jet fighter or slow moving plane)-select best weapon for the situation-hand over the track data to the weapon (chaff/CIWS or missile)- and BOOM!...all this and you only have 20 seconds...
No human can do this fast enough so you need Integration of all the sensors and weapons together into workstations that can collect all sensors data. The aim is to provide a comprehensive picture of what is out there (and coming at you) to the mission workstations and if in the "Auto" mode (no human in the loop) take action..
That Integration is a huge (mostly Software) task and I have never read or heard anything on that subject for the Iranian ships (as they say the devil is in the details..lol).
I think for cruise missiles and other point defense, the 40 bofors and kamand would be firing simultaneously under computer control and in the case of the Alvands and Paykan/Kamand/Sina/La Combattantes it would be the 40mm and the rear 76mm gun working together under computer fire control. At least I hope that to be the case, along with eo backup to the radar for the fire control systems. They might also fire at a rate slightly offset to one another to create better coverage, or whatever firing solutions the computer comes up with.

Our friend Kim yum yum is hard at work to complete his nuclear triad. That sub looks big.

North Korea Reportedly Builds Two Submarines Able to Shoot Ballistic Missiles
View attachment 695341
agreed but remember these subs are bot and they are making some changes to it and you have to count the technology that is used in them too so are they making fast progress ? Yes, Absolutely , but are they as good and advance as Iranian ones ? Absolutely Not. because there technology is not there yet.

Last edited:
Our friend Kim yum yum is hard at work to complete his nuclear triad. That sub looks big.

North Korea Reportedly Builds Two Submarines Able to Shoot Ballistic Missiles
View attachment 695341

Those subs are dinosaurs. I mean look at the state of the panels. I would want to be a submarine crew doing a deep dive in that tin can.

Remember North Korea doesn’t have quality control mechanisms. If they lose a sub and it’s crew big deal.

Those subs are dinosaurs. I mean look at the state of the panels. I would want to be a submarine crew doing a deep dive in that tin can.

Remember North Korea doesn’t have quality control mechanisms. If they lose a sub and it’s crew big deal.
Not to mention they will be tailed by an American sub. Its well known method.

I am neither a ship welder or never been in North Korea ship yard to know if they have Quality control...We simply do not know the inner workings of their system.
All north Korean info comes out of the Western sources or their dissident MKO equivalent (and we Iranians know how that info is presented ..remember a tumbling webcam in the space!!!...and yes I do remember about their midget sub captured a decade ago by south koreans and its 1950 controls!).

What I do Know is what I see working and the actual results as per Western media...
They do have nuclear bomb
They showed a hydrogen bomb
They have ICBM
They did send something into space.
They have decent looking tanks
Their soldiers look well supplied and well armed
They have reverse engineered Mig 29 in large numbers including the engines.(this claim I have not seen an actual evidence in the western/non western press yet).

As for "will be tailed by American subs!!"..so what .. what does that say! ..Iranians fly over American Aircraft carriers ..so what !

I give Kim yum yum and north koreans a lots of credit. Remember this 30 year old played the orange baboon and "deal maker of the century" like a fidel...There are lessons to be learned from this young man .

I am neither a ship welder or never been in North Korea ship yard to know if they have Quality control...We simply do not know the inner workings of their system.
All north Korean info comes out of the Western sources or their dissident MKO equivalent (and we Iranians know how that info is presented ..remember a tumbling webcam in the space!!!...and yes I do remember about their midget sub captured a decade ago by south koreans and its 1950 controls!).

What I do Know is what I see working and the actual results as per Western media...
They do have nuclear bomb
They showed a hydrogen bomb
They have ICBM
They did send something into space.
They have decent looking tanks
Their soldiers look well supplied and well armed
They have reverse engineered Mig 29 in large numbers including the engines.(this claim I have not seen an actual evidence in the western/non western press yet).

As for "will be tailed by American subs!!"..so what .. what does that say! ..Iranians fly over American Aircraft carriers ..so what !

I give Kim yum yum and north koreans a lots of credit. Remember this 30 year old played the orange baboon and "deal maker of the century" like a fidel...There are lessons to be learned from this young man .

This is simply the mirage of Communism. USSR was the same way except at a much higher level.

North Korea has barely any income, what you see is what they show you. Most of their military is decrepit. Even if you pay everyone zero dollars. North Korea lacks natural resources and must purchase raw materials and parts aboard (China/Black market/Russia) in order to build everything.

It’s not nukes that deters the West, it is the 10,000+ pieces of artillery they have aimed at Seoul. They can level Seoul conventionally within hours of war.

After all South Korea has much more to lose than a basically underdeveloped North Korea.

Despite everything, North Korea, without massive resources has benefited largely thanks to Trumps recent anti China policy and they do have ICBMs that can hit the entire US mainland. So if the US wants to invade them they will have to lose a city or two in the process. That's the ultimate deterrent.

Iran has enough fissile material for a bomb. You would think that would be enough of a deterrent for nutjobs like erdobot who have their greedy eyes on Iranian Azerbaijan, IMO Iran MUST be willing to nuke the enemy if attacked. Honestly I wouldn't hesitate pressing the button for one second if Iran were attacked and I had the choice. I'm not sure about Iran's leadership though in this regard.

This is simply the mirage of Communism. USSR was the same way except at a much higher level.

North Korea has barely any income, what you see is what they show you. Most of their military is decrepit. Even if you pay everyone zero dollars. North Korea lacks natural resources and must purchase raw materials and parts aboard (China/Black market/Russia) in order to build everything.

It’s not nukes that deters the West, it is the 10,000+ pieces of artillery they have aimed at Seoul. They can level Seoul conventionally within hours of war.

After all South Korea has much more to lose than a basically underdeveloped North Korea.

Last edited:
Despite everything, North Korea, without massive resources has benefited largely thanks to Trumps recent anti China policy and they do have ICBMs that can hit the entire US mainland. So if the US wants to invade them they will have to lose a city or two in the process. That's the ultimate deterrent.

Iran has enough fissile material for a bomb. You would think that would be enough of a deterrent for nutjobs like erdobot who have their greedy eyes on Iranian Azerbaijan, IMO Iran MUST be willing to nuke the enemy if attacked. Honestly I wouldn't hesitate pressing the button for one second if Iran were attacked and I had the choice. I'm not sure about Iran's leadership though in this regard.

I think they are smart enough to consider that risk and their chance of annihilation.

Back
Top Bottom