What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I think some of the mowj ships all had various names, the majority of which turned out to be place holder names, until a very final one is chosen near their unveiling. There are very few projects that retained the same name from beginning to end such as sejjil of IRIAF or BAVAR 373.
Are there new images of the Makran from the sky with google earth or other public image stocks? I wonder if it will retain the same over all shape as in their presentation maquettes.

I think some of the mowj ships all had various names, the majority of which turned out to be place holder names, until a very final one is chosen near their unveiling. There are very few projects that retained the same name from beginning to end such as sejjil of IRIAF or BAVAR 373.
Are there new images of the Makran from the sky with google earth or other public image stocks? I wonder if it will retain the same over all shape as in their presentation maquettes.
IRINS MAKRAN is very nice name indeed .I hope they keep the name...Thank god it is not another arabic name...lol ..Here in Canada when they built 12 frigates in late the 80's they named them by the major cities of canada..such as HMCS Halifax or HMCS Vancouver..etc (i did work in that program for few years)..In iran right now there are no naming convention it would be nice if they standardize that amongst millions of other things that they have to do..
By the way.. Canada built 12 Frigates and the country was so proud..The only thing that was Canadian in those frigate were the Hull construction and subsystem integration, everything else (power plant, sensors, weapons etc) were all imported (and Canada was a huge naval ship builder in WWII)...so for Iran freaking everything in Moje class is made in Iran my full respects for Iranian engineers and workers..that is a supper achievement for Iran.

Last edited:
IRINS MAKRAN is very nice name indeed .I hope they keep the name...Thank god it is not another arabic name...lol ..Here in Canada when they built 12 frigates in late the 80's they named them by the major cities of canada..such as CHMS Halifax or CHMS Vancouver..etc (i did work in that program for few years)..In iran right now there are no naming convention it would be nice if they standardize that amongst millions of other things that they have to do..
By the way.. Canada built 12 Frigates and the country was so proud..The only thing that was Canadian in those frigate were the Hull construction and subsystem integration, everything else (power plant, sensors, weapons etc) were all imported (and Canada was a huge naval ship builder in WWII)...so for Iran freaking everything in Moje class is made in Iran my full respects for Iranian engineers and workers..that is a supper achievement for Iran.

Iran seems to be much more advanced than the media portrays it to be. Iran's number 15 in scientific publications and has many top-performers in scientific Olympiads.

1606661806943.png

I just remembered the name of Loghman as well, not sure if it was another place holder name for Makran or Loghman was supposed to be another vessel altogether. I think the same maquette is used and redressed over the years, based on what is known to be available to IRIN.

I just remembered the name of Loghman as well, not sure if it was another place holder name for Makran or Loghman was supposed to be another vessel altogether. I think the same maquette is used and redressed over the years, based on what is known to be available to IRIN.

Loghman was the family name of the ship type.

Loghman/Persian Gulf ship was the name of the ship type similar to Damavand comes from the Mowj family of ships.

Assuming they make more than one of these ships. Not sure if they will. Design seems a bit dated, but could be a good logistics/EW ship.

Iran should begin design semi submersible destroyers with VLS cells for BMs and CMs. Like a miniature Zumwaltt class ship.

Back
Top Bottom