What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

When I try searching for it, I come across asefeh, muharram, and some others but not the exact one in the video. It's not even important but I can't let it go now so it's become a side thing.
Muharram is more compact and asefeh is a bit different too. There seems to be a couple of them floating around with 3 and 6 barrels. It looks like it can be operated remotely.

When I try searching for it, I come across asefeh, muharram, and some others but not the exact one in the video. It's not even important but I can't let it go now so it's become a side thing.
Muharram is more compact and asefeh is a bit different too. There seems to be a couple of them floating around with 3 and 6 barrels. It looks like it can be operated remotely.
search for it when u have free time , let it be a side project for you

this is by far the most cutest suicide boat Iran has ever built

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
search for it when u have free time , let it be a side project for you

this is by far the most cutest suicide boat Iran has ever built

View attachment 692367
I am curious why it is suicide boat ..It looks to be manned ..They should call it a RAM boat!..lol...

By the way...Those Hellfire missiles..Just fantastic .

I am curious why it is suicide boat ..It looks to be manned ..They should call it a RAM boat!..lol...

By the way...Those Hellfire missiles..Just fantastic .
yes , well those hellfire missiles can be installed on boats and armored vehicles and the can be used as short range surface to air missile too air defense

today Iran unveiled sonar that can be installed under helicopters for submarine detection

1606850949648.png

MTU-538 engine

1606851483879.png

1606851519740.png

Last edited:
I think those might be Seraj/bladerunner 51. When I was searching for pics to verify I found this cute headline.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I recently read in an article linked from here that IRGCN should look into or are looking into replacing the MLRS with a single or more nasr for same weight, making the entire craft far more potent in the weapons fielded. I can't remember if it was being suggested that this be done or that is intended to be over time.

marine diesel engine of the MTU 538 series and the MTU KS4120 gearbox, which are of the same model as those installed on the Kaman class FACs (La Combattante II-a) 4 on each unit for a total power of 12,000 hp, engine and gearbox probably also installed on the Sina class FACs (local development derived from Kaman).

MTU engine and gearbox produced directly in Iran?

marine diesel engine of the MTU 538 series and the MTU KS4120 gearbox, which are of the same model as those installed on the Kaman class FACs (La Combattante II-a) 4 on each unit for a total power of 12,000 hp, engine and gearbox probably also installed on the Sina class FACs (local development derived from Kaman).

MTU engine and gearbox produced directly in Iran?
i don't know but i think they are if they are unveiling them in navy achievements then its highly likely
It looks a lot like the 23mm Asefeh
1568397_-_main.jpg
could be its different from the one that i saw , that was almost identical to the one in the picture

Some new developement regarding "Nav Bandar".

It seems that there has been a change of name from "Khalij Fars" to "Makran" Harbour Ship(expeditionary sea base).

IRINS Makran
View attachment 691786

Based on social media, this doesn’t appear to be Persian Gulf warship. It’s actually the Navy’s helicopter carrier that will join the fleet next month.

Persian Gulf ship construction has just started.

Based on social media, this doesn’t appear to be Persian Gulf warship. It’s actually the Navy’s helicopter carrier that will join the fleet next month.
Could that yellow maquette in the tweet possibly be the Makran, at least the general hull outline?

It looks a lot like the 23mm Asefeh

I thought that at first as well but I think asefeh is 6 barrelled and its bullets are fed through the top just the vulcan gun whereas this naval version appears to be 3 barrelled and fed from the side. I think they are derived from vulcans and m197 with the 6 and 3 barrels respectively. They are definitely from the same design lineage.

i know this is a little off topic but I believe that Iran needs to modify the next variations of the Toophan and Raad MRAPs as well as other apcs / ifvs, so that they all come equipped with standard automatic remote weapons stations on their roofs.

A gating gun or autocannon flanked by a few ATGMs on either side would be great. or they could have tank killer variants with simply 6 or 8 ATGMs mounted on top.

Of course its so much cheaper to have Safir jeeps with manual weapons systems, however for the elite offensive portion of Iran's military, remote weapons stations are the way to go.

Iran is already producing remote weapons systems so it's only a matter of time before their next gen ifvs / apcs all come equipped with standard remotely operated weapons stations.

I'm also wondering when they will introduce a new common service rifle for the entire army, IRGC included of course. The Masaf seems like a prime candidate now.

Since the Masaf rifle seems to be based on the HK416/417 rifle, I'm wondering whether they will go with the HK416 or HK417 as their main production variant ? I'm guessing 417 since the entire regular army has been using the 7.62x51mm cartridge for decades.

I'm still trying to find the official designation for this weapon and it's elusiveness is annoying me now.

Persian Gulf ship construction has just started.
What you call "Helicopter carrier" was also going to be named "Persian Gulf", in adition to Loghman class "Khalij Fars" training destroyer which is now under construction in Bandar abbas.

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1127212/قابلیت-های-ناوبندر-خلیج-فارس-از-زبان-امیر-خانزادی

They decided to change its name to Makran.

More news on "Khalij Fars" training ship, one of its 9 sections has been completed and it weights 500 tonnes, over all it will have a tonnage of 3500.
https://defapress.ir/fa/news/429530...رائیل-نصب-موشک‌های-عمود-پرواز-بر-روی-شناور‌ها

Pics from IRIN achievments exibition
Ghaem-114 missile
EoL84o9XYAIThqm.jpeg.jpg

1399091119203116421733034.jpg

Jask-2 submarine launched AShM.
1399091119203235121733044.jpg

1399091119203149221733034.jpg

Pelican VTOL UAV
139909111920348621733044.jpg

1399091119203289821733044.jpg

Last edited:
Back