What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/...یردریایی-خلیج-فارس-ندسا-سلاح-ضدلیزر-تولید-کرد

According to the head of the IRGC Navy they are looking towards acquiring new midget subs and they are to pick between the Ghadir sub or a new class of midget subs apparently called Persian Gulf class

I have no Idea what the Persian Gulf class is but if I was the IRGC naval commander I would want a sub with the same external dimensions as the Fatteh but a lighter dumb down version without the Fateh's range or debt capabilities that's specifically built for the shallow waters of the Persian Gulf where the max depth of ~40-50 meters would be sufficient that can be produced at a much faster pace using cheaper materials and with a cheaper sensor package where externally it looks like the Fatteh has the same propulsion system but internally and materials used in its construction is more similar to the Ghadir class allowing for easier, cheaper and faster construction.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/...یردریایی-خلیج-فارس-ندسا-سلاح-ضدلیزر-تولید-کرد

According to the head of the IRGC Navy they are looking towards acquiring new midget subs and they are to pick between the Ghadir sub or a new class of midget subs apparently called Persian Gulf class

I have no Idea what the Persian Gulf class is but if I was the IRGC naval commander I would want a sub with the same external dimensions as the Fatteh but a lighter dumb down version without the Fateh's range or debt capabilities that's specifically built for the shallow waters of the Persian Gulf where the max depth of ~40-50 meters would be sufficient that can be produced at a much faster pace using cheaper materials and with a cheaper sensor package where externally it looks like the Fatteh has the same propulsion system but internally and materials used in its construction is more similar to the Ghadir class allowing for easier, cheaper and faster construction.

Completely stupid for Iran to even build manned versions of subs for PG.

Iran could build unmanned subs capable of firing 3 torpedoes or 3 Jask 2. No need for oxygen system as there is no crew thus freeing up valuable space. System sits on sea floor and waits till external radar from shore picks up a US vessel and gives it targeting coordinates. System launches payload and begins evasive maneuvers.

US is already paving the way in this field of unmanned submarines.

Given that Iran demonstrated unmanned speedboat in Yemen, it’s troubling they haven’t thought this far.

Iran could build 3 unmanned subs for every one 1 Ghadir submarine.

Following articles are about a rather unusually Israeli threat that I've yet to come to a conclusion about, maybe you guys could chime in. Very bizarre statement coming from a nation with a rather small Navy...Suspicious to say the least.

Israeli Navy ready to block Iranian oil exports in transit – Netanyahu

https://www.rt.com/news/453212-israel-navy-iranian-oil/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...iranian-oil-smuggling-netanyahu-idUSKCN1QN2EM

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/PM-Navy-could-stop-Iran-from-maritime-oil-smuggling-582641

A few thoughts about what this could be about. One possible angle to this development would just be the tried and true jingoism that is in abundance within the Middle East; If that is the case then there isn't much to be worried about since it does come at a time where Netanyahu has found himself embroiled in legal troubles whilst vying for another term as PM of Israel.

Two, this could be a genuine effort from Israel to create a broader coalition of willing states that could try and impose a blockade on Iranian oil tankers (dubious at best if we're being honest). Iran is no slouch when it comes to naval warfare and has the means to do some serious damage if pushed to that point.

Three, this could be another overt threat to Iranian warning about an ever increasing hostile intent to engage in a wider-war against Iranian interests and more importantly Iranian economy. If one were to take this line of logic then we can assume that Israel is feeling much more emboldened than previously thought. It should to stand to say that if Israel does take action against Iran in a brazenly open manner (stopping/attacking Iranian oil tankers). Then Israel has gotten tacit backing from multiple states (US,SA,UAE, etc...). Hopefully (most likely) Iranian military brass has fully ascertained what is going on and will act accordingly.

What I find interesting is that Israel is boasting about an aspect of their military that is really not special, like at all. Apart from the German supplied Dolphin submarines (of which they don't have many of) most likely equipped with nuclear tipped cruise missiles. The Israeli Navy is small and completely inadequate to take on this sort of job let alone make such a threat. So that leaves me believing that the first scenario is more likely to be the case.

Being completely sincere here to the Iranian and everyone else in the forum. We have to be legit with ourselves and call a spade a spade. Israel is changing its rhetoric to one that mirrors true-war time footing. They are making rather grandiose claims of confronting Iran on the high-seas (this shouldn't be taken lightly). US has deployed the THAAD to Israel, Israel has recently conducted large-scale military exercises, Israels rhetoric has become WAY more hostile and I personally believe they want to drastically expand their bombing campaign in Syria with possible expansion into Iraq or Lebanon depending on the goals they want to achieve.

I guess what I'm saying is that the Iran-Israeli conflict should be talked about more and discussed more. It isn't the same as it was before or maybe I'm the one is projecting here lol.

What are you guys thoughts on this? Am I over reacting (most likely)?

Following articles are about a rather unusually Israeli threat that I've yet to come to a conclusion about, maybe you guys could chime in. Very bizarre statement coming from a nation with a rather small Navy...Suspicious to say the least.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...iranian-oil-smuggling-netanyahu-idUSKCN1QN2EM

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/PM-Navy-could-stop-Iran-from-maritime-oil-smuggling-582641

A few thoughts about what this could be about. One possible angle to this development would just be the tried and true jingoism that is in abundance within the Middle East; If that is the case then there isn't much to be worried about since it does come at a time where Netanyahu has found himself embroiled in legal troubles whilst vying for another term as PM of Israel.

Two, this could be a genuine effort from Israel to create a broader coalition of willing states that could try and impose a blockade on Iranian oil tankers (dubious at best if we're being honest). Iran is no slouch when it comes to naval warfare and has the means to do some serious damage if pushed to that point.

Three, this could be another overt threat to Iranian warning about an ever increasing hostile intent to engage in a wider-war against Iranian interests and more importantly Iranian economy. If one were to take this line of logic then we can assume that Israel is feeling much more emboldened than previously thought. It should to stand to say that if Israel does take action against Iran in a brazenly open manner (stopping/attacking Iranian oil tankers). Then Israel has gotten tacit backing from multiple states (US,SA,UAE, etc...). Hopefully (most likely) Iranian military brass has fully ascertained what is going on and will act accordingly.

What I find interesting is that Israel is boasting about an aspect of their military that is really not special, like at all. Apart from the German supplied Dolphin submarines (of which they don't have many of) most likely equipped with nuclear tipped cruise missiles. The Israeli Navy is small and completely inadequate to take on this sort of job let alone make such a threat. So that leaves me believing that the first scenario is more likely to be the case.

Being completely sincere here to the Iranian and everyone else in the forum. We have to be legit with ourselves and call a spade a spade. Israel is changing its rhetoric to one that mirrors true-war time footing. They are making rather grandiose claims of confronting Iran on the high-seas (this shouldn't be taken lightly). US has deployed the THAAD to Israel, Israel has recently conducted large-scale military exercises, Israels rhetoric has become WAY more hostile and I personally believe they want to drastically expand their bombing campaign in Syria with possible expansion into Iraq or Lebanon depending on the goals they want to achieve.

I guess what I'm saying is that the Iran-Israeli conflict should be talked about more and discussed more. It isn't the same as it was before or maybe I'm the one is projecting here lol.

My dude, Netan is screaming because he is running out of options.
Naval fights b/w Iran and Israel is impossible. Iran presence is in Persian gulf and Indian ocean while Israelis presence is in red sea and Mediterranean sea.
Iran would enter those areas through Yemenis and Syrian not directly.
about blocking Iran oil tankers again Iran is not under UN sanction, Iran is under USA sanctions and USA threat those companies and countries who work w/ Iran for sanctions that mean they don't have authority by UN to stop or ban Iran oil tankers, and if they do this that can make big problem for them in International scene for just stopping one oil tanker.

well Israel my try that but they must beware that one of those tankers may accidentally start to leak hundred of thousands of oil just near Israeli shores and as the tanker is under their control they must answer and pay for the damages to the Mediterranean environment.

Israel doesn’t have the Navy for that. Israeli Navy is Missile coverettes and submarines and they primarily operate out of Mediterrean Sea.

Iran’s biggest clients are in Asia, maybe they could stop a few tankers going to Assad in Syria with help of NATO or US Navy. But that won’t hurt Iran.

Just propaganda at this point. Like when Iran threatens to close the strait if they can’t move their own oil.

would you elaborate please?
Nahang is submarine used by IRGC,first it is operational(at least 2 submarines)..and I really don't know where you heard that Nahang is unarmed and unoperational,nahang is equiped with 533mm torepedo tubes and as such can carry torpedos,sea-mines and sub-lunched capsule with AScM missile...recently few newer images were pop up...Just because it is not often pictured,doesn't mean it is not operational...reason we don't see it is fact that is operated by IRGC navy and we don't see even Ghadir class operated by IRGC to often.

I would post more images but I can't hotlink images,any way more are available here

Nahang is submarine used by IRGC,first it is operational(at least 2 submarines)..and I really don't know where you heard that Nahang is unarmed and unoperational,nahang is equiped with 533mm torepedo tubes and as such can carry torpedos,sea-mines and sub-lunched capsule with AScM missile...recently few newer images were pop up...Just because it is not often pictured,doesn't mean it is not operational...reason we don't see it is fact that is operated by IRGC navy and we don't see even Ghadir class operated by IRGC to often.

I would post more images but I can't hotlink images,any way more are available here

The Nahang like every other Submarine in Iran is in service with the IRI Navy. The IRGC Navy does not operate Submarines, they do however operate Submersible boats!

The Nahang like every other Submarine in Iran is in service with the IRI Navy. The IRGC Navy does not operate Submarines, they do however operate Submersible boats!
Oh please,can you please at least use google...because of things like this there is bunch of mis-information floating online .......for god sake you have IRGC logo on IRGC subs... Nahang and Ghadir submarines are operated by IRGC navy e,as someone who follow Iran military last 25 years..trust me IRGC operated Nahang submarines from day one,I remeber ceremony when they recived first nahang...I sugest first check something before claim..
...heck...I have one nahang image where it is covered by blue flag with IRGC logo..but as always when you need somethig you can't find it..I will probably find it when I will search for something completly different,any way just google and there is plenty of sources and probably images..

Last edited:

whats your thoughts on this one @yavar ?
Wouldnt this be a declaration of war?
or is this only show because of upcoming elections in Israel and a distraction from his prosecution?
maybe he wants to eliminate Iran as oil/gasprovider for europe and sell its own gas?
one thing is sure, Iran will not accept this kind of games and will respond....
but this smells a bit of show before election and he wants to illustrate how tough he is
The time is clearly running out for him and he is getting more and more nervous = he will do stupid things -> false flag?

Last edited:
whats your thoughts on this one @yavar ?
Wouldnt this be a declaration of war?
or is this only show because of upcoming elections in Israel and a distraction from his prosecution?
maybe he wants to eliminate Iran as oil/gasprovider for europe and sell its own gas?
one thing is sure, Iran will not accept this kind of games and will respond....
but this smells a bit of show before election and he wants to illustrate how tough he is
The time is clearly running out for him and he is getting more and more nervous = he will do stupid things -> false flag?
Well there is no way he could justify it by international law once he makes such a stupid move he would only find himself to balme .... he is in trouble facing investigation and so on besides election is close so he talks big ... leave him alone ... his big supporter needs to speak Persian to pass Persian gulf ...

Back
Top Bottom