What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

This goes to show that the unilateral sanctions against Iran have turned out to be ineffective, or atleast not as effective as the Zionists & American warhawks would have liked. With the recent failed summit in Hanoi, it's become painfully obvious to the world that Donald Trump's hard line goals of completely denuclearizing & deweaponizing Iran & North Korea are nothing but mere fantasies, completely unrealistic in real world diplomacy.

Perhaps Mileikowsky (Netanyahu's real name) is doing this because of the upcoming corruption indictments against him. Perhaps he feels as if his back is up against a wall & with nothing to lose he wants to start a war in order to avoid the indictments ? I'm not quite sure what he's thinking but one thing is for sure. Iran will not tolerate these sort of antics and gangsterism & any attempt to seize an Iranian oil tankers by any nation will lead to a full scale response by the Iranian military. Possible responses can include missile strikes on Israeli targets like Tel Aviv & Haifa, blocking the straight of Hormuz & a full scale war with Israel & its allies, including the US, which would entail missile strikes on US bases in the region & the sinking of the US fleet in the Persian Gulf.

Honestly I think that at the end of the day Mileikowsky is just bluffing, however what I mentioned above is the worst possible case scenario.

Following articles are about a rather unusually Israeli threat that I've yet to come to a conclusion about, maybe you guys could chime in. Very bizarre statement coming from a nation with a rather small Navy...Suspicious to say the least.

Israeli Navy ready to block Iranian oil exports in transit – Netanyahu

https://www.rt.com/news/453212-israel-navy-iranian-oil/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...iranian-oil-smuggling-netanyahu-idUSKCN1QN2EM

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/PM-Navy-could-stop-Iran-from-maritime-oil-smuggling-582641

A few thoughts about what this could be about. One possible angle to this development would just be the tried and true jingoism that is in abundance within the Middle East; If that is the case then there isn't much to be worried about since it does come at a time where Netanyahu has found himself embroiled in legal troubles whilst vying for another term as PM of Israel.

Two, this could be a genuine effort from Israel to create a broader coalition of willing states that could try and impose a blockade on Iranian oil tankers (dubious at best if we're being honest). Iran is no slouch when it comes to naval warfare and has the means to do some serious damage if pushed to that point.

Three, this could be another overt threat to Iranian warning about an ever increasing hostile intent to engage in a wider-war against Iranian interests and more importantly Iranian economy. If one were to take this line of logic then we can assume that Israel is feeling much more emboldened than previously thought. It should to stand to say that if Israel does take action against Iran in a brazenly open manner (stopping/attacking Iranian oil tankers). Then Israel has gotten tacit backing from multiple states (US,SA,UAE, etc...). Hopefully (most likely) Iranian military brass has fully ascertained what is going on and will act accordingly.

What I find interesting is that Israel is boasting about an aspect of their military that is really not special, like at all. Apart from the German supplied Dolphin submarines (of which they don't have many of) most likely equipped with nuclear tipped cruise missiles. The Israeli Navy is small and completely inadequate to take on this sort of job let alone make such a threat. So that leaves me believing that the first scenario is more likely to be the case.

Being completely sincere here to the Iranian and everyone else in the forum. We have to be legit with ourselves and call a spade a spade. Israel is changing its rhetoric to one that mirrors true-war time footing. They are making rather grandiose claims of confronting Iran on the high-seas (this shouldn't be taken lightly). US has deployed the THAAD to Israel, Israel has recently conducted large-scale military exercises, Israels rhetoric has become WAY more hostile and I personally believe they want to drastically expand their bombing campaign in Syria with possible expansion into Iraq or Lebanon depending on the goals they want to achieve.

I guess what I'm saying is that the Iran-Israeli conflict should be talked about more and discussed more. It isn't the same as it was before or maybe I'm the one is projecting here lol.

What are you guys thoughts on this? Am I over reacting (most likely)?

Oh please,can you please at least use google...because of things like this there is bunch of mis-information floating online .......for god sake you have IRGC logo on IRGC subs... Nahang and Ghadir submarines are operated by IRGC navy e,as someone who follow Iran military last 25 years..trust me IRGC operated Nahang submarines from day one,I remeber ceremony when they recived first nahang...I sugest first check something before claim..
...heck...I have one nahang image where it is covered by blue flag with IRGC logo..but as always when you need somethig you can't find it..I will probably find it when I will search for something completly different,any way just google and there is plenty of sources and probably images..

You have been on this website for a long time and I respect you there for I am not going to insult you. All of Iran's Submarines ie. Nahang,Ghadir and Fateh class are built and operated By the Regular Navy at Navy Shipyards. They are manned by the Regular Navy and are docked at Navy docks. The IRGC navy does not operate Submarines. The Blue flag with the Islamic Republic of Iran (onion) emblem is not the flag of the IRGC. if you doubt me, please post one picture of a Submarine manned by the IRGC and i will eat my words!

Last edited:
Completely stupid for Iran to even build manned versions of subs for PG.

Iran could build unmanned subs capable of firing 3 torpedoes or 3 Jask 2. No need for oxygen system as there is no crew thus freeing up valuable space. System sits on sea floor and waits till external radar from shore picks up a US vessel and gives it targeting coordinates. System launches payload and begins evasive maneuvers.

US is already paving the way in this field of unmanned submarines.

Given that Iran demonstrated unmanned speedboat in Yemen, it’s troubling they haven’t thought this far.

Iran could build 3 unmanned subs for every one 1 Ghadir submarine.

1st off don't forget that providing oxygen for a large combustion engine is still necessary with or without a human onboard! And FYI turning Sea water into oxygen is far less complicated than trying to find long range, high speed, secure and stealthy two way coms for subs underwater

Subs need to be stealthy and operate under water and react quickly due to their lack of speed compared to warships which makes high speed secure and stealthy two way communication with current tech under water a major problem. Now if your talking about a sub that can automatically guide it's self into a major port with 20 tons of explosives onboard and blow up near a bunch of ships that's a different story

Remember not to long ago Iran was able to hack into US central command's UAV operations and take control and down at least one US UAV.... and lets be clear the U.S. Military has access to Quantum computing which means any Iranian unmanned system that relies on long range com's will not be secure until Iran develops it's own quantum com's or some other means of secure com's that quantum supercomputers can't hack

Which means Iran's need for manned subs is not going anywhere anytime soon and as for unmanned systems what Iran can do on the edges of it's own territorial waters is tow and drop an underwater stations that can be both manned and unmanned that are armed with torpedo's, have fuel to refuel Ghadir or Fateh subs and have a smaller unmanned underwater sub's attached to them that can patrol within ~10-20km radius of the stations
And because they don't need a large propulsion system or the ability to change their depth,.... they would be much cheaper and easier to produce and Iran can produce them at a rate of 1 per month (120 after a decade) and hid them all across Iran's coastal waters

Following articles are about a rather unusually Israeli threat that I've yet to come to a conclusion about, maybe you guys could chime in. Very bizarre statement coming from a nation with a rather small Navy...Suspicious to say the least.

Israeli Navy ready to block Iranian oil exports in transit – Netanyahu

https://www.rt.com/news/453212-israel-navy-iranian-oil/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...iranian-oil-smuggling-netanyahu-idUSKCN1QN2EM

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/PM-Navy-could-stop-Iran-from-maritime-oil-smuggling-582641

A few thoughts about what this could be about. One possible angle to this development would just be the tried and true jingoism that is in abundance within the Middle East; If that is the case then there isn't much to be worried about since it does come at a time where Netanyahu has found himself embroiled in legal troubles whilst vying for another term as PM of Israel.

Two, this could be a genuine effort from Israel to create a broader coalition of willing states that could try and impose a blockade on Iranian oil tankers (dubious at best if we're being honest). Iran is no slouch when it comes to naval warfare and has the means to do some serious damage if pushed to that point.

Three, this could be another overt threat to Iranian warning about an ever increasing hostile intent to engage in a wider-war against Iranian interests and more importantly Iranian economy. If one were to take this line of logic then we can assume that Israel is feeling much more emboldened than previously thought. It should to stand to say that if Israel does take action against Iran in a brazenly open manner (stopping/attacking Iranian oil tankers). Then Israel has gotten tacit backing from multiple states (US,SA,UAE, etc...). Hopefully (most likely) Iranian military brass has fully ascertained what is going on and will act accordingly.

What I find interesting is that Israel is boasting about an aspect of their military that is really not special, like at all. Apart from the German supplied Dolphin submarines (of which they don't have many of) most likely equipped with nuclear tipped cruise missiles. The Israeli Navy is small and completely inadequate to take on this sort of job let alone make such a threat. So that leaves me believing that the first scenario is more likely to be the case.

Being completely sincere here to the Iranian and everyone else in the forum. We have to be legit with ourselves and call a spade a spade. Israel is changing its rhetoric to one that mirrors true-war time footing. They are making rather grandiose claims of confronting Iran on the high-seas (this shouldn't be taken lightly). US has deployed the THAAD to Israel, Israel has recently conducted large-scale military exercises, Israels rhetoric has become WAY more hostile and I personally believe they want to drastically expand their bombing campaign in Syria with possible expansion into Iraq or Lebanon depending on the goals they want to achieve.

I guess what I'm saying is that the Iran-Israeli conflict should be talked about more and discussed more. It isn't the same as it was before or maybe I'm the one is projecting here lol.

What are you guys thoughts on this? Am I over reacting (most likely)?

They have been trying to track down Iran's arm supplies to its allies and they can because it is backed by UN resolutions. Attacking Iran's oil tanker fleet on the other hand, is not supported by any of UN resolutions and actually is against the most recent resolution that removed the sanctions. This is something that even US has not dared to say yet.

I think it is more for diverting attentions from his problems at home. If he truly try to do something this foolish, i.e. threaten the freedom to navigate in international seas, they will be in direct breach of international agreements. Iran can easily interpret it as an act of war. Then it will turn into something that no one can stop.

To be honest with you, I don't think he would find any allies in this and that includes US as well.

It seems Netan fulfill his promises.
Last day, pirates attacked Iranian oil tankers.

معاون عملیات نیروی دریایی راهبردی ارتش: بامداد روز‌ گذشته یک فروند کشتی نفت کش ایرانی که مورد تعرض 11 فروند قایق دزدان دریایی در محدوده تنگه باب المندق در خلیج عدن قرار گرفته بود با اقدام به موقع تیم تکاوران محافظ کشتی های تجاری مستقر در شصتمین ناو گروه نیروی دریایی از دست دزدان دریای نجات یافت

Almighty Netan navy shape by pirates.
lol
:omghaha::omghaha:

It seems Netan fulfill his promises.
Last day, pirates attacked Iranian oil tankers.

معاون عملیات نیروی دریایی راهبردی ارتش: بامداد روز‌ گذشته یک فروند کشتی نفت کش ایرانی که مورد تعرض 11 فروند قایق دزدان دریایی در محدوده تنگه باب المندق در خلیج عدن قرار گرفته بود با اقدام به موقع تیم تکاوران محافظ کشتی های تجاری مستقر در شصتمین ناو گروه نیروی دریایی از دست دزدان دریای نجات یافت

Almighty Netan navy shape by pirates.
lol
:omghaha::omghaha:
I wonder why these pirates don't get the fact that our tankers are accompanied by navy personnel and the railong around our ship will give them a nasty shock if they touch them .

I wonder why these pirates don't get the fact that our tankers are accompanied by navy personnel and the railong around our ship will give them a nasty shock if they touch them .
The amazing thing is that our military presence in Gulf of Aden become routine.
Our navy operating 2000 - 3000 km away from their main base in bandar abbas now for at least 10 years.
That mean 10 years of constant experience without getting help from other countries.

1st off don't forget that providing oxygen for a large combustion engine is still necessary with or without a human onboard! And FYI turning Sea water into oxygen is far less complicated than trying to find long range, high speed, secure and stealthy two way coms for subs underwater

Subs need to be stealthy and operate under water and react quickly due to their lack of speed compared to warships which makes high speed secure and stealthy two way communication with current tech under water a major problem. Now if your talking about a sub that can automatically guide it's self into a major port with 20 tons of explosives onboard and blow up near a bunch of ships that's a different story

Remember not to long ago Iran was able to hack into US central command's UAV operations and take control and down at least one US UAV.... and lets be clear the U.S. Military has access to Quantum computing which means any Iranian unmanned system that relies on long range com's will not be secure until Iran develops it's own quantum com's or some other means of secure com's that quantum supercomputers can't hack

Which means Iran's need for manned subs is not going anywhere anytime soon and as for unmanned systems what Iran can do on the edges of it's own territorial waters is tow and drop an underwater stations that can be both manned and unmanned that are armed with torpedo's, have fuel to refuel Ghadir or Fateh subs and have a smaller unmanned underwater sub's attached to them that can patrol within ~10-20km radius of the stations
And because they don't need a large propulsion system or the ability to change their depth,.... they would be much cheaper and easier to produce and Iran can produce them at a rate of 1 per month (120 after a decade) and hid them all across Iran's coastal waters

I am informed that nuclear powered subs are powered by a highly efficient energy generating system. Something like they can last 40 years without having to refuel (albeit humans have a grandiose appetite for food/replenishment/excretion). How long would it take NEDAJA to develop a nuclear powered submarine? I love the sounds of a nuclear powered ballistic missile submarine :)

Iran does not need a nuclear submarine, an AIP systems is actually better and less noisy if I am not mistaken. There was an interview with the head of the navy recently and he was saying the same thing. We'll go for AIP first and then nuclear if needed. Yes nuclear lasts longer but you still need to go up for supplies etc.

Israel navy lost corvete in war vs Hezbolah almost in their own teritorial waters..and they want to engage in open sea or close to iran,this is clearly ment for internal audience who doesn't know anything about military and navy...Their Navy is not comparable to Iranian in any way ..only reason why Iran is capable to lunch long range and long endurance missions is because Iran operate huge fleet of logistical and support ships...What will Israel send?Five submarines and expect they will survive without
You have been on this website for a long time and I respect you there for I am not going to insult you. All of Iran's Submarines ie. Nahang,Ghadir and Fateh class are built and operated By the Regular Navy at Navy Shipyards. They are manned by the Regular Navy and are docked at Navy docks. The IRGC navy does not operate Submarines. The Blue flag with the Islamic Republic of Iran (onion) emblem is not the flag of the IRGC. if you doubt me, please post one picture of a Submarine manned by the IRGC and i will eat my words!
Well,I don't want to insult you or anyone,but you are wrong when it comes to this,I told you already,check your claims...even after basic chek of your claim you can see that is not corect.Just google "IRGC submarines" or "Nahang submarine" and you will find plety of sources and even images of submarines operated by IRGC..some even have IRGC logo...Truth is,it is unbelivable for me that there is someone who actually don't know that IRGC operate submarines..because they operate submarines for years and it is not secret.As I said,I remeber when Nahang is introduced..it was introduced with blue flag over it with IRGC logo.I remeber when first Nahang is delivered,it is delivered to IRGC..also IRGC operate number of Ghadir class submarines...now what it seems happened,is that second Nahang is probably delivered to IRI-Navy because last and newest images shows personel in IRI-navy like uniforms...and IRI style tagging
So my friend, it is not about insulting someone..I don't have desire to insult you or anyone,it is about prviding correct information because a lot of people read this and other use these information as source for their work...Your claim that IRGC doesn't operate submarines is simple not correct and because I'm saying this,it doesn't mean I don't respect or want to insult you...it is possible to discuss without insults or anything..I'm sorry if I offend you at any way,it was not my intention.
Even I suggest you to check your claims,fact that you are still claiming same thing , means you didn't even check your claim..so I will post you here few proofs because,as I said already,it is important to provide correct information.
Where submarines are built is not important and it is also not not correct that all submarines are docked in IRI navy because there are many submarines in IRGC operated docks,and you would actually know that if you visited link I provided,since there are satallite images of submarines in IRGC operated docks...So,I will post here few images of IRGC submarines and also few quotes of Iran defense minister and other officials where they speak about IRGC submarines ...for rest you can find yourself

Quote from Article/News
"Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said that the country plans to equip the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) naval force with new submarines. "
Also,related to nahang;

"Qadir and Nahang submarines are appropriate vessels for different naval missions, including reconnaissance and combat in territorial waters, specially in the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz which are not wide enough for the maneuvering of large warships and submarines. "

2019-03-08-15-26-13-Window.png

This image is from IRGC-navy drills,you can see nahang and behind missile both with IRGC blue flag and logo

2019-03-08-14-43-27-Window.png

Here you can see Defense minister,IRGC general and President at IRGC exhibition

Any way,from what we know,only 2 of these Nahang 1 class(that is how it named when introduced) and since one of is seen operated by IRGC and newst images/video shows IRI-navy personel,it seems both IRGC and IRI-navy operate at least one nahang 1 submarine.
fact who is really operate Nahang is not really metter since this can change depending of situation and needs,what is really important is fact that IRGC operate submarines for years,it is true that most of submarines is operated by IRI-navy but still small fleet is operated by IRGC.
Also,you should look for documentary called "Inside ghadir submarine"...it is actually(now I remember)recorded inside IRGC Ghadir class..even reporter have IRGC uniform..

Last edited:

I think what is more interesting is the fact that they tried it a day after Netanyahoo threatened to block our Oil with his Navy as if the pirates were ordered to do so by Mosad!

2q2ekie.jpg

"another product of the country in the field of sonar is the sonar imaging system produced by the company Sairan.

The system is a 7-kilogram cylinder, which can be deployed by cable at a distance of 100 meters deep to the depths of 300 meters.

The main application of this system is the mapping of the seafloor, and with the precise map of the land-related effects on the sea floor, subterranean units can perform better in operational conditions, since one of the most important tactics of submarine units is dipping at the sea floor and up Act at the best against the enemy. Knowing the conditions of the sea floor conditions will make the best areas for submarine sinking."

When you are hungry, you just do foolish things and hope for the best. It is a very sad situation.

Israel navy lost corvete in war vs Hezbolah almost in their own teritorial waters..and they want to engage in open sea or close to iran,this is clearly ment for internal audience who doesn't know anything about military and navy...Their Navy is not comparable to Iranian in any way ..only reason why Iran is capable to lunch long range and long endurance missions is because Iran operate huge fleet of logistical and support ships...What will Israel send?Five submarines and expect they will survive without

Well,I don't want to insult you or anyone,but you are wrong when it comes to this,I told you already,check your claims...even after basic chek of your claim you can see that is not corect.Just google "IRGC submarines" or "Nahang submarine" and you will find plety of sources and even images of submarines operated by IRGC..some even have IRGC logo...Truth is,it is unbelivable for me that there is someone who actually don't know that IRGC operate submarines..because they operate submarines for years and it is not secret.As I said,I remeber when Nahang is introduced..it was introduced with blue flag over it with IRGC logo.I remeber when first Nahang is delivered,it is delivered to IRGC..also IRGC operate number of Ghadir class submarines...now what it seems happened,is that second Nahang is probably delivered to IRI-Navy because last and newest images shows personel in IRI-navy like uniforms...and IRI style tagging
So my friend, it is not about insulting someone..I don't have desire to insult you or anyone,it is about prviding correct information because a lot of people read this and other use these information as source for their work...Your claim that IRGC doesn't operate submarines is simple not correct and because I'm saying this,it doesn't mean I don't respect or want to insult you...it is possible to discuss without insults or anything..I'm sorry if I offend you at any way,it was not my intention.
Even I suggest you to check your claims,fact that you are still claiming same thing , means you didn't even check your claim..so I will post you here few proofs because,as I said already,it is important to provide correct information.
Where submarines are built is not important and it is also not not correct that all submarines are docked in IRI navy because there are many submarines in IRGC operated docks,and you would actually know that if you visited link I provided,since there are satallite images of submarines in IRGC operated docks...So,I will post here few images of IRGC submarines and also few quotes of Iran defense minister and other officials where they speak about IRGC submarines ...for rest you can find yourself

Quote from Article/News
"Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said that the country plans to equip the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) naval force with new submarines. "
Also,related to nahang;

"Qadir and Nahang submarines are appropriate vessels for different naval missions, including reconnaissance and combat in territorial waters, specially in the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz which are not wide enough for the maneuvering of large warships and submarines. "

2019-03-08-15-26-13-Window.png

This image is from IRGC-navy drills,you can see nahang and behind missile both with IRGC blue flag and logo

2019-03-08-14-43-27-Window.png

Here you can see Defense minister,IRGC general and President at IRGC exhibition

Any way,from what we know,only 2 of these Nahang 1 class(that is how it named when introduced) and since one of is seen operated by IRGC and newst images/video shows IRI-navy personel,it seems both IRGC and IRI-navy operate at least one nahang 1 submarine.
fact who is really operate Nahang is not really metter since this can change depending of situation and needs,what is really important is fact that IRGC operate submarines for years,it is true that most of submarines is operated by IRI-navy but still small fleet is operated by IRGC.
Also,you should look for documentary called "Inside ghadir submarine"...it is actually(now I remember)recorded inside IRGC Ghadir class..even reporter have IRGC uniform..

Here is a Video of the one and only Nahang midget sub built by the Islamic republic of Iran operated by IRI Navy.The Nahang was discontinued in favor of the more capable Ghadir class. Where is your proof that a second Nahang has been built for the IRGC?

Even in the picture you have posted you can see a Navy sailor on the sail of the sub. Here is a video showing an IR Navy Ghadir submarine crew wearing the exact same uniform as the one in your picture.
The fact that there is a IRGC fast attack boat in the background is not by its self an indication that the sub in the fore ground belongs to IRGC Navy. Both the IRGC Navy and IRI Navy operate out of Bandar Abbas(Iran's largest naval base) and they pass by each other on a regular basis.

In the 2nd picture you posted, you claim "Here you can see Defense minister,IRGC general and President at IRGC exhibition". That IRGC General is the Defense Minister!IRGC Brigadier General Mostafa Mohammad Najjar held the position during President Ahmadinejad's first term(2005-2009). He Is wearing an IRGC uniform but he has the Ministry of Defense and Armed Forces Logistics patch on his shoulder which means he is not only responsible for IRGC only but all the Armed Forces which includes the IRI Navy!

I have asked you to provide one picture that shows the IRGC operating a Submarine. I asked you this because over the 25 years that I have been studying Iranian military matters, I have never seen a single photo of an IRGC operated Submarine on Google images or any where else ,despite all claims to the contrary. How many documentaries have there been produced by the IRGC about their Navy over the years? How come they have never shown an IRGC operated Submarine in any of them if they do in fact operate them? Are they shy about their capabilities? Are midget Submarines a secret in Iran that the IRGC wants to keep hidden? Of course not! So please provide a single image or clip of an IRGC operated Submarine other wise you will not prove me wrong on this subject!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom