What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Iran is working on 25 MW gas turbine for it's naval ship:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mate, you should not post every random ghiberish you find on twitter. Even a toddler can see the moronic errors made in this "analysis".

Yeah,but its always good for a laugh if nothing else.:sarcastic:
Truth to tell I love these totally erroneous bogus :crazy:"analyses":crazy: just for all of the completely wrong assumptions that the "analyst" usually makes.My favorite in this respect was ralph savelsbergs analysis of the khorramshahr missile,where he basically got everything wrong because he based virtually all of his [wrong] conclusions on a tyre diameter:haha:[no I`m not making that up] check it out its actually quite funny.
https://breakingdefense.com/2017/10/irans-new-missile/

13971206000678636867018939700389_13375_PhotoN.jpg

نخستین موتور «واترجت» ملی رونمایی شد

water jet motor

The MOST important thing about this missile is that Iran launched it from it's low cost Gadir subs that Iran has ample supply of!
Some review from one guy on twitter, so take it with a grain of salt:
_________

"Let's start with the alleged cruise missile launched from the sub, the speed, the propulsion, the near to surface level clearly reminds me of a torpedo from a submarine at surface."

D0LVcJ-W0AA23rN

-

"Next scene is the launch of an alleged cruise missile from a Ghadir Sub. It appears that it not a C-801 (YJ-82). The C-801 (YJ-82) submarine-launched version can be used only when the sub has surfaced which is not the case."

D0LYvvvXcAAAMGw

-

"So is it a C-802 (Noor) ? Possibly. The C-802 is a missile with a rocket booster and a small turbojet engine. After the launch the booster is jettisoned and the turbojet sees action. In the footage it is not possible to see the rocket booster ejected. But there is a size issue."

D0LalQRWwAAV-mH

D0LcKv_XQAEaKKJ

-

"The still of the launch does not really reminds of a C-801 or a C-802, the wings are very close to the ovoid nose as opposed to the C801/2 which wings are farther in the rear. It would rather look like a C-704/Nasr missile."

D0Lc-GPWoAEQIqA

D0Lc_T7XcAAXr1u

-

"Finally, The launch of a C-704/Nasr missile from a Ghadir Sub would be doubtful as the Ghadir would only launch a missile through its torpedo tubes, and here according the pictures the missile is launched and break the water surface vertically and not inclined or horizontally."

D0Ld7xLX4AAoBFl

D0Ld7xsWsAAI-WC

"My guess is that it was not a Ghadir sub, but rather a static testing platform anchored to allow a canister being set vertically so the missile fired would be very near to surface because the ignition already occurs below sea level as opposed to a true sub launched missile."
-

"Actually you can see on the footage what appears to be the canister lid after the missile was launched. I believe the canister was destroyed, it was a one time show."

D0Lo06hWsAAcoGk

"What makes the missile surface at an angle is a canister launched with the missile. When fired from a torpedo tube it's quite complex, and to achieve that vertical path right from surface level I don't see other options than a VLS. Prob is that there are no hatches on a Ghadir"

And this is all I have to say to your absurd delusions

this is NOTHING new the Chinese have their own versions too

FYI Iran's version hold a modified Iranian Nasr that has an effective range of 35km!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The MOST important thing about this missile is that Iran launched it from it's low cost Gadir subs that Iran has ample supply of!

And this is all I have to say to your absurd delusions

this is NOTHING new the Chinese have their own versions too

FYI Iran's version hold a modified Iranian Nasr that has an effective range of 35km!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admiral Khanzadi said that we lunch an missile from underwater and it will hit the target 150 km away.

Admiral Khanzadi said that we lunch an missile from underwater and it will hit the target 150 km away.

Ghadir Submarine doesn’t have the necessary targeting system for that far away.

Not to mention how the hell do you know what your hitting at 150km away?

You could be hitting a US destroyer or a Massive oil tanker. Not to mention with RCS reduction a US destroyer would look like a small vessel on radar if radar waves don’t hit at the right angle to expose the vessel.

Ghadir Submarine doesn’t have the necessary targeting system for that far away.

Not to mention how the hell do you know what your hitting at 150km away?

You could be hitting a US destroyer or a Massive oil tanker. Not to mention with RCS reduction a US destroyer would look like a small vessel on radar if radar waves don’t hit at the right angle to expose the vessel.

I believe PeeD has alluded to a network of drones working in tandem to relay information to targeting radars, something akin to a daisy chain of sorts if I'm paraphrasing what he has said. It's not outside the realm of possibility I believe.

I believe PeeD has alluded to a network of drones working in tandem to relay information to targeting radars, something akin to a daisy chain of sorts if I'm paraphrasing what he has said. It's not outside the realm of possibility I believe.

Possible, but like a football game you can run a couple of trick plays before the enemy figures out what you are doing. That cannot be reasonably relied on. A countermove will develop.

Since Ghadir is sub that will stay in PG, it is likely it will sit on seabed allow the enemy to pass and in coordination with costal batteries have fire come from different directions to disorient the enemy and increase successful strike rate while allowing the sub to exit the scene.

Another option would be drones and long range patrol planes,or long range surface patrol craft and drones.The other option would be the sub using its sonar instead of radar to get a rough fix on the target and then either launching the missile in passive mode to home on the warships electronic emissions or to launch the missile in active mode but have it fly a series of s shaped or zig zag patterns to search and locate the target with active radar,or a combination of both attack options.Its potentially a big force multiplier.

Possible, but like a football game you can run a couple of trick plays before the enemy figures out what you are doing. That cannot be reasonably relied on. A countermove will develop.

Since Ghadir is sub that will stay in PG, it is likely it will sit on seabed allow the enemy to pass and in coordination with costal batteries have fire come from different directions to disorient the enemy and increase successful strike rate while allowing the sub to exit the scene.
:tup:
Very likely especially where a small boat like this can hide out in the littorals where wave noise and shallow bottoms are likely to make enemy sonar a lot less effective.

The trend will go towards 100-150km range variants of the Jask, more so for the larger advanced subs that will come. The Nasir was miniaturized to enable that capability, beside its use on speedboads.

The Ghadir is fully satisfied with the Jask-2, its sonar is too low performing and only relying on external targeting via communication is not robust enough.

As capability increases, newer subs will have advanced sonars, enabling over-horizon detection.
A future engagement could look like that:
A Besat gets early warning information that a group of enemy ships are in a general area. Even without that, its passive sonar picks up a group that appears like enemy ships at 200km. Active sonar is another option if passive detection is not successful.
Then the complete load of lets say 10 Jask variants is launched at lets say 130km distance to the target. Via right timing they will surface and launch all at th same time or meet-up in flight. The surfacing would happen at 10+ km to the launching sub, which would leave the area in meantime. Enemy airborne radars would detect the launch (if they are at the right place and time) but the launching sub could be now anywhere in a 20km radius around the launch detection point (and increasing).

When the Nasir variants have meet-up via right timing in the air, they would use their excess range reserves to disperse around the target. As they lack a inter-missile data-link, this would happen randomly. Once within 50km to the target they would go down to sea-skimming altitude and once at 10km distance seekers would be switched on.
Here their millimetric wave, high resolution radars would get an image of the ship/ships, compare that image with their data-base data and attack what appears the right target based on the sonar signature. The algorithm would then judge which parts from the approach detection is the most vulnerabel and hit it at that point.

The Nasr has as per design a internal booster but the turbojet Nasir has not. This will require a Jask variant with more space and reduced torpedo-component range.
A Jask-3/Nasir system will thus certainly come, but for now and with the Ghadir, the Jask-2/Nasr combination will be sufficient.

Nasr,Nasr1,Kowsar and zafar are powered by rocket engine,Noor,Raad(Iranian Silkwarm like missile but turbo jet powered with 360km range) and Qhader are turbo jet powered, land to sea and sea to sea versions of Noor and Qader have rocket boosters and these boosters are rejected after few seconds while air lunched versions dont need booster....When it comes to under water missile lunched from ghadir sub,I didn't see anywhere(I may miss it)anyone said which missile is lunched but it would be logic expect Iran to develop capsule for c-801/2 ,China sub lunched C-801 with capsule is taged as c-708UNA while also exocet 39 sub lunched version exist.Along with c-801/2,I'm expecting also capsule for short range AScM up to 40km simple because C-8xx family all have huge minimal range,if I remeber corectly range is from 30-40km-160km for Noor/c-801/2 missile..in fact,considering intended operational sectors for Ghadir class,these short-to-medium range will be main range of operations,so missile based on Nasr is expected to be in arsenal along with c-8xx sub-lunched variant. Chinese C-708UNA use INS and sat navigation for mid curse navigation and original terminal navigation of c-801....considering latest Iranian development with UAVs,it is fair to expect same on these field

I alway find it assuming to see these clowns like H.I Sutton try and "analyse" Iranian wargames etc. These fools probably can't even tell the difference between a cruise missile and a ballistic missile.

He was only giving an example and did not specify that the one they tested on the Ghadir sub has that range! Ghadir subs don't have the sensor capability to target anything at that range and even if the data was fed to them they simply don't carry enough firepower and lack the speed and range needed to be used in that role for a moving target at that range the Gadir sub would need to be in communication with the missile most of the way (almost 10 min) which would give away the subs location and against an enemy like the U.S. that will be able to track you and has the Air assets and weapons to deal with you giving them ~10 min to deal with you (sub) and the missile fired at them is just too much time with not enough missiles to overwhelm their defenses where as a fire and forget missile popping out of the water from only 30km out would be far more deadly due to the limited reaction time they would have to respond to the threat

Nasr is powered by rocket engines and the Nasir is basically the jet engine version of that missile which will likely be used for a longer ranged version but the limitation of the range of the ones for the Ghadir subs has more to do with the subs sensor and targeting capability rather than Iran's ability to test a longer ranged version

Back
Top Bottom