What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Iran Army Navy Chief Admiral Khanzadi: all next generation of Fateh submarine will be equipped with Air-independent propulsion ( AIP ) system

great, lets hope we dont need to wait another 10 years for the next Fateh generation...
but why is AIP not in current Fateh generation? Lack of technology? Too costly? Currently not needed..?

but why is AIP not in current Fateh generation? Lack of technology? Too costly? Currently not needed..?
Problem is not that we haven't master technology. We have technically already up on running in lab.
The problem is miniaturisations and be able to fittt in the Fateh Class submarine.

That why the next Generation Fateh Class will be bit bigger and heavier .

I am not talking about Besat Class they still be Fateh

Problem is not that we haven't master technology. We have technically already up on running in lab.
The problem is miniaturisations and be able to fittt in the Fateh Class submarine.

That why the next Generation Fateh Class will be bit bigger and heavier .

I am not talking about Besat Class they still be Fateh

thanks for clarifing that, I completetely ignored that other subs with AIP are in the minimum! 1000-1500 ton range (Amur, Dolphin, Scorpene..) , while Fateh is only 600ton, so you are right, current Fateh generation seems to be too small for AIP

Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are buying subs with this technology so Iran need to keep in step with them

Awesome frontal view of a BH-7 hovercraft,you can see the mountings for ashcms on either side of the hull.
51933400_137565477280246_6429260476308904764_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom