What's new

Iranian murderer pardoned as he swings from gallows

Are there any Iranian member here, who watched a public execution ?

Capital punishment can lead to gross acts off injustice particularly where there has been a miscarriage of justice. Agreed. But how would you react to a 15 year imprisonment sentence for the man who, beyond all reasonable doubt, was proven to have raped and murdered your mother knowing full well that he is enjoying a comfortable bed and watching TV while you weep the memory of the beloved woman who stayed awake at nights to make sure that you slumbered peacefully and who weaned you and fed you with her caring hands and raised you into a strong young man?

https://mobile.mmedia.me/lb/en/international/iranian-murderer-pardoned-as-he-swings-from-gallows

hangen1.jpg

hangen2.jpg

hangen3.jpg

hangen4.jpg

hangen5.jpg

hangen5a.jpg

hangen7.jpg

'The Persians are the most civilized of the peoples of the East, and what the French are to Europe, they are to the Orient.'' - Jean Chardin.
:cuckoo:

(Capital punishment is not a deterrent) > (Severity of punishment has nothing to do with minimizing crimes in a society) > (Lighter punishment is at least as effective a deterrent as harsher punishment) > A fining of one USD can be an effective punishment for any crime.

Is this argument invalid?
Capital punishment is not good enough deterrent and the cost is too high (finite probability of an innocent getting killed).

What is more effective is a long jail term, that way the person is away from society and cant commit crime again.
And the deterrent factor is the probability of getting caught and prosecuted. Most people in the world will be scared to live away from society in a confined space for years.

Of course it depends how humane is the society and how much you take away from offender. A person living well in norway will be scared to go to jail, even though it might look like posh hotel to us.

No wonder india is the rape capital of the world.

Capital punishment is not good enough deterrent and the cost is too high (finite probability of an innocent getting killed).

What is more effective is a long jail term, that way the person is away from society and cant commit crime again.
And the deterrent factor is the probability of getting caught and prosecuted. Most people in the world will be scared to live away from society in a confined space for years.

Of course it depends how humane is the society and how much you take away from offender. A person living well in norway will be scared to go to jail, even though it might look like posh hotel to us.

My mother had seen one time a hanging, by accident, while she was in taxi in Shiraz. She was shocked. Bystanders who were unlucky could have seen it.

'The Persians are the most civilized of the peoples of the East, and what the French are to Europe, they are to the Orient.'' - Jean Chardin.
:cuckoo:

This is not the persian way. Iranian people are not in to these things, I can say that you will not find persian jihadists or suicide bombers, but you will find turkish jihadists in Syria, while in Turkey there has been a strong policy of secularism.
The period of clerics deciding what happens will also end. They are all aged man 70+ and live in 600. Force doenst work and distances people from religion and I think they know that also, but they fight against the reality, just to stay in power.

Read about the French revolution:

The French Revolution, particularly in its Jacobin period, initiated one of the most violent episodes of anti-clericalism in pre-modern Europe; the new revolutionary authorities suppressed the church; destroyed, desecrated and expropriated monasteries; exiled 30,000 priests and killed hundreds more.
As part of a campaign to de-Christianize France in October 1793 the Christian calendar was outlawed, replaced with one reckoning from the date of the Revolution, and then an atheist Cult of Reason was inaugurated, all churches not devoted to that cult being closed.

Also "mass drowning" executions of priests and nuns happened.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drownings_at_Nantes

This is not the persian way. Iranian people are not in to these things, I can say that you will not find persian jihadists or suicide bombers, but you will find turkish jihadists in Syria, while in Turkey there has been a strong policy of secularism.
The period of clerics deciding what happens will also end. They are all aged man 70+ and live in 600. Force doenst work and distances people from religion and I think they know that also, but they fight against the reality, just to stay in power.

Read about the French revolution:

The French Revolution, particularly in its Jacobin period, initiated one of the most violent episodes of anti-clericalism in pre-modern Europe; the new revolutionary authorities suppressed the church; destroyed, desecrated and expropriated monasteries; exiled 30,000 priests and killed hundreds more.
As part of a campaign to de-Christianize France in October 1793 the Christian calendar was outlawed, replaced with one reckoning from the date of the Revolution, and then an atheist Cult of Reason was inaugurated, all churches not devoted to that cult being closed.

Also "mass drowning" executions of priests and nuns happened.
Drownings at Nantes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
if you think our young people have got away from religion, then you just need to watch pre revolution videos and pictures.
just a few months ago a few gangsters were hanged in Shiraz, I didn't even hear about it at that time and even if I was there I wouldn't waste a second of my time to watch them, but clearly it's a message to those who want to bully civilians, all the Iranian are happy with the level of security in streets, and they even demand more severe punishment to gangsters (instead of prison sentences), so if you think a secular government can stand against society demand and reduce the punishment, you are far away from the reality

So what stops humanity from killing each other? What is the driving force that disillusions humans from believing that deep down they are nothing but Savages. The concept of civil society itself has only brought about this. Laws are a set of rules that govern people from doing what animals do everyday. Kill Each Other. It is a set of punishments agreed upon to offer a deterrent.

What should be done to the guilty, who have been convicted through insurmountable evidence of having committed the crime?Should the citizens of that nation, who have decided to be law-abiding, be the ones who care for this criminal?
Should the dollar that would go to a child's education be diverted to pay for the electricity bill of a prison?

Should you pay for the 5-star treatment of a rapist, a murderer?
Should you pay for the medical treatment many people in society can not buy?

Thəorətic Muslim;4267909 said:
whats wrong with capital punishment?

whats wrong with an eye for an eye?

the academic studies your looking at are tainted. there taken in countries that give criminals 5 star hotel rooms. start creating a couple dungeons and enforcing the death penalty the crime will go down.

i had a 12 year old cousin raped and starved for a week then left for dead. she pasted away after 3 days in the hospital. what should be the punishment for him Mr. controlled pair, third eye, hindu guy? give the a$$hole a room in the Roosevelt hotel? or an island in dubai?

would you guys say iran is living in the dark ages? you wouldnt be saying the same if it was in your countries or to your families

Killing him would be too quick, you're looking at it from the wrong prospective. Slowly slicing off his genitalia under a doctor's supervision(So he may survive the "surgery") and then sending him to prison for life would be the suitable punishment for this inhuman.

Hanging is barbaric. People shouldn't have to see another person being killed, it affects them in more than one negative way.

Killing him would be too quick, you're looking at it from the wrong prospective. Slowly slicing off his genitalia under a doctor's supervision(So he may survive the "surgery") and then sending him to prison for life would be the suitable punishment for this inhuman.

Hanging is barbaric. People shouldn't have to see another person being killed, it affects them in more than one negative way.

Apparently that is too "inhumane".

The message is clear you kill someone or commit a heinous crime and we will hang you until you die a painful death.

I haven't seen it but one of my close friend had seen hanging of four rapist near his house(pasdar gomnam street) in early morning.

I haven't seen it but one of my close friend had seen hanging of four rapist near his house(pasdar gomnam street) in early morning.

What i'm asking is, when a public execution happens, do people gather and watch the execution like a social event ? Like we saw in the movies ?

Back
Top Bottom