What's new

Iranian murderer pardoned as he swings from gallows

Surenas

Reaction score
An Iranian man condemned to the gallows for murdering a policeman was pardoned by the victim's family and his life saved only moments after he was hanged, the Mehr news agency reported on Thursday.

Relatives "cried out their pardon after the murderer had already been hanging for a few seconds" the agency said, publishing a photo of people grab the man and holding him until they could remove the noose from around his neck.

The aborted execution took place in the northeastern city of Mashhad.

Under Iranian law, the family of a victim is entitled to pardon a criminal and save him from execution. In such cases, a murderer must pay blood money currently set at $36,000 and serve a prison sentence.

https://mobile.mmedia.me/lb/en/international/iranian-murderer-pardoned-as-he-swings-from-gallows

hangen1.jpg

hangen2.jpg

hangen3.jpg

hangen4.jpg

hangen5.jpg

hangen5a.jpg

hangen7.jpg

Pretty hard bargaining went till last minute. How much premium they paid over 36k then?:chilli:

Reminds me of the scene from mummy movie :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow !

That was close .

Such instances will strengthen the anti death penalty lobby.

Its nice to see the hangman helping him ( alive) in the ambulance.

Are so many people allowed to witness a hanging & can they take pictures ?

Wow !

That was close .

Such instances will strengthen the anti death penalty lobby.

Its nice to see the hangman helping him ( alive) in the ambulance.

Are so many people allowed to witness a hanging & can they take pictures ?
yes, when the murder has committed some serious crime like killing in public and creating dread in society we hang them in public, it would be a lesson for whoever wants to follow that path.

yes, when the murder has committed some serious crime like killing in public and creating dread in society we hang them in public, it would be a lesson for whoever wants to follow that path.
Does it help with bringing down murder rates (is it proven)?

I have never seen a report showing that harsher punishments result in less crime.

Does it help with bringing down murder rates (is it proven)?

Nope,It doesn't.Its proven.Capital punishment has never been shown to be a deterrent.There are many academic studies in this field and all have proven this fact.Some studies have proposed a "brutalizing effect," wherein people (consciously or not) follow the government's lead in assuming that killing someone is indeed a valid solution to a problem.So in some cases it may work exactly opposite.Just look at the crime rate in Nordic countries.

whats wrong with capital punishment?

whats wrong with an eye for an eye?

the academic studies your looking at are tainted. there taken in countries that give criminals 5 star hotel rooms. start creating a couple dungeons and enforcing the death penalty the crime will go down.

i had a 12 year old cousin raped and starved for a week then left for dead. she pasted away after 3 days in the hospital. what should be the punishment for him Mr. controlled pair, third eye, hindu guy? give the a$$hole a room in the Roosevelt hotel? or an island in dubai?

would you guys say iran is living in the dark ages? you wouldnt be saying the same if it was in your countries or to your families

Thəorətic Muslim;4267909 said:
whats wrong with capital punishment?

whats wrong with an eye for an eye?

the academic studies your looking at are tainted. there taken in countries that give criminals 5 star hotel rooms. start creating a couple dungeons and enforcing the death penalty the crime will go down.

i had a 12 year old cousin raped and starved for a week then left for dead. she pasted away after 3 days in the hospital. what should be the punishment for him Mr. controlled pair, third eye, hindu guy? give the a$$hole a room in the Roosevelt hotel? or an island in dubai?

would you guys say iran is living in the dark ages? you wouldnt be saying the same if it was in your countries or to your families

Sorry to hear about your cousin.

I can tell you of 6 men wrongly convicted in the UK for terrorism. If we still had capital punishment, they would have been dead.

6 innocent men, dead.

The punishment for murder should be life in prison. You can have varying degrees of punishment - such as hard labour or solitary confinement.

As for Iran, it is utterly barbaric and a sign of a real backwards country to hang people in public.

My brother in law is Iranian and he used to walk to school past dead bodies hanging. Is that something you think is right in society?

your brother in law is a f*cking liar.they hang criminals always in 5 AM.your brother in law had no chance to watch hanging on the way to school.

Back
Top Bottom