What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Iran already has missiles whose warheads travel at hypersonic speeds during re-entry, such as the Sejjil for example. Iran also has MaRV missiles such as Emad. However hypersonic cruise missiles and glide vehicles are essential weapons for the future.

No doubt Iran is investing in and conducting research on this vital technology. North Korea is pretty impoverished and has limited resources at its disposal. Considering the prohibitive cost of developing such weapons systems, theres a good chance that North Korea is closely cooperating with Iran to develop advanced hypersonic missiles and glide vehicles. I would not be surprised if we see them in Iran in the near future.

Last edited:
Iranian missile tech is probably 10-15 years behind North Korea

What happened to your "Australian" flags..Today you are "North Korean" flags..but we all know where you really from!!:azn::azn:..Fake user..Fake info Fake Flags..Fake all over ..get the F*ck out of this forum.

Why does my nationality matter so much to you?

I am really north korean i promise. All hail our glorious supreme leader Kim Jong Un!

Iranian missile tech is probably 10-15 years behind North Korea
Troll this is completely wrong, Iran is more advanced. This forum keeps getting more and more pathetic. Even the oldest member slips in analysis quality. It's sad, it's downfall of this forum

IMG_20220113_014326.jpg

@PeeD I would really appreciate if you could tell us how this new Raafe motor engine could enable the IRGC-ASF to develop a ~2000 km range solid-fuel MRBM with maximized payload capacity (warhead). How heavy could the warhead roughly be while still keeping the maximum range 'capped' at 2000 km?

@PeeD I would really appreciate if you could tell us how this new Raafe motor engine could enable the IRGC-ASF to develop a ~2000 km range solid-fuel MRBM with maximized payload capacity (warhead). How heavy could the warhead roughly be while still keeping the maximum range 'capped' at 2000 km?

If you want to MIRV it, then maybe 2000kg to Israel

Such an advanced motor costs more

Hence you better use its massive performance extra on something you otherwise need a huge system, like liquid North Korean ICBMs.

So use it for ICBM and the costs are justified.

The C-RAM system could easily be overwhelmed by saturating the airspace. An adversary could launch several kamikaze drones at the C-RAM from multiple directions at the exact same time. Once the CWIS is taken out, the base would basically be a sitting duck.

This is not the first time that the C-RAM has shot down hostile targets in the last few months. Either someone wants to test out the American bases defensive capabilities or they were just hoping that one might get through ? It's also possible that they wanted to give the Americans something to think about ? As a warning perhaps ?

I wonder how this would have performed against Iran's ballistic missile attack last year on the Al Asad base ? What about missiles with multiple re-entry warheads ? I also wonder how the C-RAM compares to the Iranian Kamand CIWS for the navy ?

Any system can be overwhelmed, even Iran's air defense will be overwhelmed. But as another poster mentioned its not meant for ballistic missile attacks, thats where the Patriot system is for. What's surprising so far is Iran have yet to provide ballistic missile weaponry to the Iran backed militias like they did in Yemen to help attack the U.S. Embassy. Also this is not a warning, they want to attack the Green Zone, have done so for many years. Hence why you have CRAMs all over the place.

If you want to MIRV it, then maybe 2000kg to Israel

Such an advanced motor costs more

Hence you better use its massive performance extra on something you otherwise need a huge system, like liquid North Korean ICBMs.

So use it for ICBM and the costs are justified.
is it a train?
photo_2022-01-14_10-06-55.jpgphoto_2022-01-14_10-08-28.jpg

I personally used to think that,however the type of sliding roof shown makes it a lot less likely [imho].
This actually reminds me a lot more of the first us atlas icbm launchers known as the "coffin type".These were above ground garage type structures with a sliding roof with the missile in a horizontal position,the roof would be retracted and the missile elevated and fired.
I wouldnt be surprised if this was developed around the same time as the very first experimental silos.These look to have been early attempts at having a part of the missile force able to be placed on a permanent alert level with the ability to be fired at,or very close to,the touch of a button.

Back
Top Bottom