What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

Iran-made missiles uniquely precise in world

"The precision of Iranian missiles is unique in the world so that they can hit the targets with the least fault" said the Chief of Staff of Armed Forces Major-General Mohammad-Hossein Baqeri on Monday.

Speaking at a research institute in the holy city of Qom, the general said that today Iran’s Korramshahr missile, in its final tests, hits targets as far as 1,300 km away with less than one meter fault which is unprecedented in the world.

http://www.irna.ir/en/News/83214509?platform=hootsuite
It is unique alright. But I'm wondering if they rely on satellite navigation? If that is the case, they may not be as reliable in the war time. @PeeD , is it possible to achieve such accuracy without relying on satellite guidance?

It is unique alright. But I'm wondering if they rely on satellite navigation? If that is the case, they may not be as reliable in the war time. @PeeD , is it possible to achieve such accuracy without relying on satellite guidance?

A missile guidance system can hop from one satellite nav to another (GPS-Beidou-GLONASS) and I’m not sure how fast the US can block them out of GPS as the guidance system only needs a last minute calculation before impact. They can’t block them out of GLONASS or Beidou. Even if Russia/China did I am sure Iran has backdoor cyberwarfare ways to have their warheads access any satellite during a period of war.

I mean how would the satellite know that a Missile warhead Asking for location coordinates vs a car or a persons phone?

You`ll forgive me if I`m a little dubious about this,as the 2nd paragraph claims that:

"Iran is thought to be interested in acquiring China’s Chengdu J10B 3rd generation fighter jets, as well as Chinese unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), ant-ship cruise missiles, submarines, and perhaps also a license for Iran to manufacture the Chinese MBT 2000 or even the MBT 3000 tank."

Now about the only thing in that list that I could see iran being even remotely interested in might be the j10b,and frankly that would be about it.
Also can any iranians here give any info on Salran or Salran electronic and communication company,because I`ve had no luck with google.

A missile guidance system can hop from one satellite nav to another (GPS-Beidou-GLONASS) and I’m not sure how fast the US can block them out of GPS as the guidance system only needs a last minute calculation before impact. They can’t block them out of GLONASS or Beidou. Even if Russia/China did I am sure Iran has backdoor cyberwarfare ways to have their warheads access any satellite during a period of war.

I mean how would the satellite know that a Missile warhead Asking for location coordinates vs a car or a persons phone?
The problem is the missile may not know it is being jammed. All they need to do is to fool the GPS or any other navigation system on the missile to think it is in a different location just like what Iran did with RQ170.

You`ll forgive me if I`m a little dubious about this,as the 2nd paragraph claims that:

"Iran is thought to be interested in acquiring China’s Chengdu J10B 3rd generation fighter jets, as well as Chinese unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), ant-ship cruise missiles, submarines, and perhaps also a license for Iran to manufacture the Chinese MBT 2000 or even the MBT 3000 tank."

Now about the only thing in that list that I could see iran being even remotely interested in might be the j10b,and frankly that would be about it.
Also can any iranians here give any info on Salran or Salran electronic and communication company,because I`ve had no luck with google.
Sairan stands for Sanaye Electronic Iran (Iran Electronics Industry) it is a defense ministry owned complex that builds out of the electro-optical and telecommunication systems for defense industry. It also used to manufacture cellphones around 2 decades ago.
Here is the information in Persian. You need to use translation. There are bunch of subsidiaries that have their own websites:

https://fa.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/صنایع_الکترونیک_ایران

Yes, but that can be jammed too.

[QUOTE = "Sineva, post: 11186048, member: 190049"] Vous me pardonnerez si je suis un peu dubitative à ce sujet, car le deuxième paragraphe affirme que:

"L’Iran serait intéressé par l’acquisition des avions de combat chinois de troisième génération Chengdu J10B, ainsi que des véhicules aériens sans pilote chinois (UAV), des missiles de croisière ant-navires, des sous-marins et peut-être aussi une licence permettant à l’Iran de fabriquer même le réservoir MBT 3000 ".

Maintenant, à propos de la seule chose dans cette liste qui pourrait intéresser l’iran, c’est le j10b qui pourrait l’intéresser à distance, et franchement, c’est à peu près tout.
Tous les iraniens ici peuvent-ils également donner des informations sur Salran ou sur la société de communications et d’électronique de Salran, car je n’ai pas eu de chance avec Google. [/ QUOTE]

It is for this paragraph that I published this link :

- For example, it is already known that Iranian defence electronics company Salran (((((( signed an agreement )))) in October 2015 with Chinese defence and aerospace companies ((((( to start using BeiDou satellite )))) positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) equipment on Iranian missiles, UAV’s, and other military capabilities that in turn will improve their accuracy, effectiveness, and lethality. -

Think carefully about this before commenting and the date of 2015 is not trivial. You are asking questions about missile guidance so I give this as an answer..Iran is made much further than you think

Well this is a complex issue.
First: Iran is best advised to establish a ground based GPS network that updates the missile once it is outside the atmosphere and not exposed to atmospheric influence. So it would get a last position "fix" after the boost phase while still in Iranian airspace.

Then, during mid-course in space, it could again check position via foreign space based GPS and a advanced astro-navigation system. However here it must have an advanced cross-check algorithm to exclude spoofing. This would be a last fix of the position close to the reentering of atmosphere.

As last step an advanced RLG, FOG/IFOG or even some kind of cost effective mechanical gyroscope based INS would take over guidance of the last 1-2 minutes (re-entry phase to impact). Its also these last 1-2 minutes where the missile gets close to enemy jamming systems and hard-kill methods.
With that system, the missile would correct atmospheric interference of the last phase via its aerodynamic steering system.

Of course this is for a missile like the Khorramshahr, which has no known terminal guidance system. The whole thing becomes simpler from one side if a terminal guidance system is available.

I'm confident that Iran has developed something quite amazing here that is also cost effective. Cheap price is everything here. I hope for a advanced astro-nav + gimballed RLG combo with ground based or sat-based GPS only for a advanced cross-check algorithm.
However for that, a technological breakthrough is necessary to be cheap enough.
Alternatively if a pin-point accuracy could somehow have been achieved by a strap-on FOG based INS, it would be cheaper and require another unknown technological breakthrough.
For astro-navigation there is also an unknown technological breakthrough necessary to enable omitting GPS. So the alternative here would be first a ground based GPS that is somewhat fragile to attacks but secure. Or a innovative cross-checking (of all available constellations) sat-GPS "AI" that makes civilian GPS secure and robust enough.

Well this is a complex issue.
First: Iran is best advised to establish a ground based GPS network that updates the missile once it is outside the atmosphere and not exposed to atmospheric influence. So it would get a last position "fix" after the boost phase while still in Iranian airspace.
Iran unveiled its local positioning system back in 2016
https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2016/06/01/1090226/iran-developing-homegrown-alternative-to-gps

Sairan stands for Sanaye Electronic Iran (Iran Electronics Industry) it is a defense ministry owned complex that builds out of the electro-optical and telecommunication systems for defense industry. It also used to manufacture cellphones around 2 decades ago.
Here is the information in Persian. You need to use translation. There are bunch of subsidiaries that have their own websites:

https://fa.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/صنایع_الکترونیک_ایران

Thank you,much appreciated.:tup:

[QUOTE = "Sineva, post: 11186048, member: 190049"] Vous me pardonnerez si je suis un peu dubitative à ce sujet, car le deuxième paragraphe affirme que:

"L’Iran serait intéressé par l’acquisition des avions de combat chinois de troisième génération Chengdu J10B, ainsi que des véhicules aériens sans pilote chinois (UAV), des missiles de croisière ant-navires, des sous-marins et peut-être aussi une licence permettant à l’Iran de fabriquer même le réservoir MBT 3000 ".

Maintenant, à propos de la seule chose dans cette liste qui pourrait intéresser l’iran, c’est le j10b qui pourrait l’intéresser à distance, et franchement, c’est à peu près tout.
Tous les iraniens ici peuvent-ils également donner des informations sur Salran ou sur la société de communications et d’électronique de Salran, car je n’ai pas eu de chance avec Google. [/ QUOTE]

It is for this paragraph that I published this link :

- For example, it is already known that Iranian defence electronics company Salran (((((( signed an agreement )))) in October 2015 with Chinese defence and aerospace companies ((((( to start using BeiDou satellite )))) positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) equipment on Iranian missiles, UAV’s, and other military capabilities that in turn will improve their accuracy, effectiveness, and lethality. -

Think carefully about this before commenting and the date of 2015 is not trivial. You are asking questions about missile guidance so I give this as an answer..Iran is made much further than you think
Yes,I understand that,however I am simply saying that I could find nothing else that backed that claim up and the few other websites that mentioned it simply quoted the same original site,in addition it did not elaborate on what exact systems or technologies were supposedly supplied to iran.Lastly the thing that makes me the most dubious about this entire article is the claim that iran was interested in buying various chinese weapons,which seems very unlikely as iran was [and still is] still subject to an ongoing un arms embargo which completely ruled out most of these weapons,not to mention that iran would be pretty unlikely to be interested in buying things like chinese drones for obvious reasons ie self sufficiency.
Now if anyone has some actual iranian/iranian news sources that independently back up the claims made on that site or better yet go into some detail about the transactions in question then please post a link or better yet a link plus a translation/synopsis of the contents,however until then I will remain justifiably skeptical as I`ve heard these same sorts of claims before in the western media/internet.

only For Iranian Members this forum

wAUmDcp.jpg

EXsLWXI.png

ایران سپاه سردار سلامی: اگر اروپا توطئه موشکی کند به یک جهش استراتژیک روی می‌آوریم
Iran IRGC Gen. Salami: if Europe conspires against our defensive ballistic missiles, we will have to make a strategic jump 4:00

+++++

Iran IRGC Gen. Salami: surreptitious Power ایران سپاه سردار سلامی: قدرت پنهان

احمد خاتمی: ایران فرمول ساخت بمب اتمی را دارد
۱۰/۰۲/۲۰۱۹
https://fa.euronews.com/2019/02/10/ahmad-khatami-iran-power-nuclear-bomb-missiles
==================

conclusion
this is for all Iranian members who think Pakistan with tactical Atom bomb and Saudi Arabia with with tactical Atom bomb can really do anything or get way surviving respond
and Iranian members who think America just attack Iran and U.S continental mainland be safe and nothing will happen
so the judgemnt is up on your self they cant be more clear then that

this capability been around since long time ago

Last edited:
only For Iranian Members this forum

wAUmDcp.jpg

EXsLWXI.png

ایران سپاه سردار سلامی: اگر اروپا توطئه موشکی کند به یک جهش استراتژیک روی می‌آوریم
Iran IRGC Gen. Salami: if Europe conspires against our defensive ballistic missiles, we will have to make a strategic jump 4:00

+++++

Iran IRGC Gen. Salami: surreptitious Power ایران سپاه سردار سلامی: قدرت پنهان

احمد خاتمی: ایران فرمول ساخت بمب اتمی را دارد
۱۰/۰۲/۲۰۱۹
https://fa.euronews.com/2019/02/10/ahmad-khatami-iran-power-nuclear-bomb-missiles
==================

conclusion
this is for all Iranian members who think Pakistan with tactical Atom bomb and Saudi Arabia with with tactical Atom bomb can really do anything or get way surviving respond
and Iranian members who think America just attack Iran and U.S continental mainland be safe and nothing will happen
so the judgemnt is up on your self they cant be more clear then that

@yavar, brother, Im not Iranian, Im european, but in my heart i stay with Iranians against zionism
so please dont "discriminate" non iranians here :)
can you translate for non-farsi speakers also? the farsi letters in the images
and if possible some important words from the generals in the videos?

" if Europe conspires against our defensive ballistic missiles, we will have to make a strategic jump"

could be translatet I think in -> "If you play with fire we extend the range of the missiles so we cover whole Europe" + nuclear capability?

29e6hxf.jpg

eqbbs5.jpg

Last edited:
you know i don't. i apologies if you felt that way.
is not easy constantly making content and videos and in same time translating it so my pologies.

yes what Gen Salami said was if the EU start same language like the American and start putting pressure on our missile program will be left with no choice to make jump which he meant extending range

but in reality bring out real stuff and publicies it,
and the say you see ........ this will happen if you think you act clever

translate for non-farsi speakers the images
the images says that
quote "even nuclear bomb ( meaning by U.S ) can not harm and take away our strategic force"

the second image says

quote " Range our missiles............?"

and if possible some important words from the generals in the videos?
this is my reading of it so i hope people not going to jump up and down i said right or wrong
Gen. Hajizadeh trying to say we have fully capable strategic force which is based on nuclear deterrent and ( this part is exact quotation of Gen words) our weapos are weapos peace (meaning to prevent war ) and we dont athend to use them" end qoute

Last edited:
as i know we already have the capability to target europe with khorramshahr conditioned to arm it with single warhead except of 3. about the nukes i think we should change our stance. there are many uses for nukes without jeopardising innocent peoples life like EMPs or small tactical nukes for targeting military bases...
also there are rumors of our rivals already got nukes which if true would make us vulnerable in future

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom