What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

2:02 a rare glimpse at a 4 launcher Talash System

You are not accounting for the fact that these bases have fuel and munitions storages. A few direct hits to the munition and fuel storages will cause considerable damage to the bases.

Also you don’t need to hit every square foot of the base to make it sufficiently inoperable.

Lastly you are forgetting the use of multiple warhead missiles like Khorramshahr and sub munition warheads which are likely to be used on air bases.

But an important point is raised in that overall the destructive capacity of missiles is quite low compared to a fully armed bomber.

Hence why I think Iran should make unmanned supersonic bombers to complement the missile force.
The problem with unmanned supersonic bombers is that they will likely require the exact same sort of vulnerable infrastructure ie airbases that the manned aircraft would use,and which would likely be a priority target for irans enemies.This is probably a big part of the reason that the irgc decided to go for small to medium sized ucavs rather than large drones.The iranian air force on the other hand might just be looking at following that route as out of the three types displayed one was a full sized manned fighter/trainer that had been reengineered with a new nose section and a more modern j85 engine.Initially it was thought that this was simply going to be a test target for the fukour 90 a2a missile but it now seems likely that its something else instead.
Iran_unveiled_home-made_wide-body_drone_with_jet_engine.jpg

2:02 a rare glimpse at a 4 launcher Talash System

You are not accounting for the fact that these bases have fuel and munitions storages. A few direct hits to the munition and fuel storages will cause considerable damage to the bases.

Also you don’t need to hit every square foot of the base to make it sufficiently inoperable.

Lastly you are forgetting the use of multiple warhead missiles like Khorramshahr and sub munition warheads which are likely to be used on air bases.

But an important point is raised in that overall the destructive capacity of missiles is quite low compared to a fully armed bomber.

Hence why I think Iran should make unmanned supersonic bombers to complement the missile force.

i like the bomber option be it a UCAV or not, well IRGC said we would not use a 2000 KM missiles for a base that is 800 KM away IRGC said that they built these missiles for that option only and we did not count SAMs on that bases those have good chance of hitting 1/3 of those missiles if not more.

Launching such large number of missile is not easy as that will be detected.

Useless to destroy runways. There are quick cement and other synthetic repair material ready in air bases for this reason. The runways can be fixed in an hour

Fuel storages are not on top but in underground tanks. Fuel is liquid and hence can be pumped from deep underground without any problem. So, you can't just hit the fuel storage easily

yes 150 missiles it not easy but its the only option to stop the enemy before they get you.

D
Did you ever saw impact of missile??I did,and it was fucking old Luna...Those impacts you see when missile is tested are without explosive warhead or with very low explosive...test are performed so they lunch missile with very small amount explosive or without explosive warhead but they add weight or lunch higher verticaly(depending on tests)and than it is calculated... 1 ton of explosive with kinetic energy produced by true ballistic missile like Quiam is huge...You would need more quasi ballistic missiles like Zulfiqar to produce same impact of Quiam with same warhead... Because quasi ballistic missiles are much slower due low and non-balistic missile trajectory... Any way,you don't need 100 ballistic missiles to destroy one bases....Impact of one Quiam with 800kg warhead would be 400-500 meters at least while tactical ballistic missiles like Zulfikar or Iskander would have lower impact...missiles like Sahab and other MRBM go much higher and are much faster so impact growing with same warhead...Impact is not just hole in the ground....blast that missile produce travelling 6-7 mach with 800kg warhead would clean everything around...So,if you target airstrip you don't need hit closer than 309-400 meters from aircrafts,radars..etc and that is it....if you want to hit weapons and fuel storage than you need hit it with precise missiles....So mainly you target main airfield, weapons storage,electricity instalation,fuel storage and you would need target aircrafts.. but not more than 25-30 missiles per base...Than,when you do that...you is send aircrafts to finish job....For Iran preemptive attack is very important, because of many enemies they would can't allow US military deployment, they would have to act at first sign of build up...and that is why Iran reaction at US deployment was instant... Iran can deal with 1-2 strike groups and regional threat,in such scenario they can destroy enemy assets and Iran would have weeks till US re-deploy...But if US deploy large force and Iran don't react,than it change things drastically.But hope will not see this...I told you before,I would be worry when US navy position itself in red sea or Indian ocean instead P.Gulf...As long they are in P.Gulf we shouldn't worry.... Right now they are in red sea and Indian ocean, but only one strike group which is yet not enough for war..but if they deploy two more groups than it is alarm

i know what you mean clearly i saw every missiles test and those with real warhead it has a huge impact but this simulation was on the impact of the test that was 100 m so yes i know a real warhead impact from a ballistic trajectory. so you say 30 Qiam is enough?

The problem with unmanned supersonic bombers is that they will likely require the exact same sort of vulnerable infrastructure ie airbases that the manned aircraft would use,and which would likely be a priority target for irans enemies.This is probably a big part of the reason that the irgc decided to go for small to medium sized ucavs rather than large drones.The iranian air force on the other hand might just be looking at following that route as out of the three types displayed one was a full sized manned fighter/trainer that had been reengineered with a new nose section and a more modern j85 engine.Initially it was thought that this was simply going to be a test target for the fukour 90 a2a missile but it now seems likely that its something else instead.
Iran_unveiled_home-made_wide-body_drone_with_jet_engine.jpg

No you don’t need same support infrastructure as manned airbase.

Case example: Cold War era D-21

220px-D21-070308.jpg

Speed Mach 3+
Range: 5600 KM
Altitude: 90,000 ft

Iran could add 2 500lb PGMs or anti ship missile even if reduces to range to 2500 KM, it would still be sufficent to hit any target in Middle East.

Such a unmanned vehicle could be launched from small underground or hidden bases requiring only a few UAVs, some fuel, and munitions.

All this requires is a 1950’s era supersonic ramjet with sufficent operational life. Everything else is well within Iran’s capabilities.

Imagine a missile raid followed by an air attack by these UAVs either on a battle group or air base.

Not to mention the havoc these can wreck on oil facilities and infrastructure. By the time fighter jets take off the UAV is long gone.

Anything sub sonic or Mach 1 is useless as they will be destroyed by interceptor aircraft.

i like the bomber option be it a UCAV or not, well IRGC said we would not use a 2000 KM missiles for a base that is 800 KM away IRGC said that they built these missiles for that option only and we did not count SAMs on that bases those have good chance of hitting 1/3 of those missiles if not more.

yes 150 missiles it not easy but its the only option to stop the enemy before they get you.

i know what you mean clearly i saw every missiles test and those with real warhead it has a huge impact but this simulation was on the impact of the test that was 100 m so yes i know a real warhead impact from a ballistic trajectory. so you say 30 Qiam is enough?
Well,it depend...but you have to understand that is something decided based on fresh intelligence and sat.images...If there are many aircrafts parked on air field than one missile will clean it all around 500 meters...but if aircrafts are in shield bunker clusters than you need missile or even two per cluster 4-6 bunkers thus you would need target munition storages,electricity and radars....So it depend,but missile are not used alone...if Iran ever lunch such preemptive attack,they will target air defense and air force assets with tactical BM to clear path for air force ,it is not like you have only BM...One old Luna (200-400kg warhead)create 8-10 meters deep hole and 30 meters wide...blast clean everything around 50-100 meters(depending if it hit sand or airfield...)Today explosive is better and as I said true Ballistic missile is much powerful with same warhead because it goes much higher vertically than speed up ...today warheads sometimes have boosters which is activated after warhead is separated and start failing... On other side tactical quasi BM are low attitude and fly like rockets but also newer missiles aka Iranian tactical BM or Islander are much more powerful,Dezful has warhead of 1 ton...Quiam 800kg but they can add even more if don't need max range...Anyway,back to the question, you can't destroy something forever... But you can disable it long enough to finish job...But one thing you can be sure,Iran will not fire just missiles...not with enemies like US or even S.Arabia...they must look wider picture and include US bases,and US navy...Defense is complex,you don't need destroy everything they have with missiles...

Well,it depend...but you have to understand that is something decided based on fresh intelligence and sat.images...If there are many aircrafts parked on air field than one missile will clean it all around 500 meters...but if aircrafts are in shield bunker clusters than you need missile or even two per cluster 4-6 bunkers thus you would need target munition storages,electricity and radars....So it depend,but missile are not used alone...if Iran ever lunch such preemptive attack,they will target air defense and air force assets with tactical BM to clear path for air force ,it is not like you have only BM...One old Luna (200-400kg warhead)create 8-10 meters deep hole and 30 meters wide...blast clean everything around 50-100 meters(depending if it hit sand or airfield...)Today explosive is better and as I said true Ballistic missile is much powerful with same warhead because it goes much higher vertically than speed up ...today warheads sometimes have boosters which is activated after warhead is separated and start failing... On other side tactical quasi BM are low attitude and fly like rockets but also newer missiles aka Iranian tactical BM or Islander are much more powerful,Dezful has warhead of 1 ton...Quiam 800kg but they can add even more if don't need max range...Anyway,back to the question, you can't destroy something forever... But you can disable it long enough to finish job...But one thing you can be sure,Iran will not fire just missiles...not with enemies like US or even S.Arabia...they must look wider picture and include US bases,and US navy...Defense is complex,you don't need destroy everything they have with missiles...
You are making a big assumption that the missiles will hit with accuracy. Most of the ballistic missile have significant CEP error. That is why ballistic missiles are mainly used for nuclear warheads. It is rare for BM to be used for precision strikes

You are making a big assumption that the missiles will hit with accuracy. Most of the ballistic missile have significant CEP error. That is why ballistic missiles are mainly used for nuclear warheads. It is rare for BM to be used for precision strikes
We are talking about tactical ballistic missiles ,these missiles are designed for precise strike...Iscander has 5-10 meters CEP,Iranian Fateh family has CEP 10-15m ....Now they use same approach for MRBM...they build warheads guided and maneuverable till last moment with CEP 15-30m ,so no....I don't assume... I never do...Even of course, mostly we are speaking with very limited insights, so we can say that everything here is assumed..or one of many hypothetical possibilities. I follow Iran military for 20+ years and everything we know....is exactly what Iran show us at some point... I can't remember even one intelligence report from any source that was correct and even things we know,we were always surprised with Iran....So I learn long time ago,to always assume that thing Iran show,are few years old....seems they follow philosophy of showing one or two generation old stuff....They probably want to keep some strategic advantage with this approach.... So,I believe when they talk about anti ship missile based on Zolfaqar with 800km range....they probably have or working on one ASBM with range 1000-1500km...

Last edited:
see this missile test and tell me if you see significant CEP error. its Khorramshahr missile with 1800 kg warhead it can use 3 separate warheads each 600 kg.

That may have been the case at one point,but even by the late 1970s you had the pershing 2 medium range missile with a cep of 30m using a radar guided warhead,and that was with late 1970s tech.The mx/peacekeeper icbm had a cep in the 40m range and this was using 70s era computer tech and a fluid-suspended gyrostabilized platform based inertial navigation system.By comparison iran has access to the very latest cots computer systems and solid state laser and fiber optic gyro based ins,and when you combine these with ballistic missiles and terminally guided separating warheads then you have a frightening degree of accuracy,one thats quite comparable to cruise missiles or air launched pgms in terms of accuracy and capable of doing just as much damage.I think the proof of just how seriously irans enemies take the threat of its missile arsenal is in the very large amounts of time,money,technology and effort that they`ve spent in developing as yet untried abm systems,which seems like a rather odd thing to do if you`re only up against weapons with ceps measured in 10s to 100s of meters.

تصویری از موشک قدر-اف در نمایشگاه دستاورد های دفاعی سنندج یکی از نکاتی که در مورد این موشک رسانه ایی نشد سرعت 12 ماخ در لحظه اصابت است!

An image of the Qadfar rocket at the Sanandaj Defense Achievement Show One of the tips that emerged from the media rocket is the speed of Mach 12 at the moment!

D8rg1g5XoAAISmI

Egyptian Paper: Iran's Ballistic Missiles Deter US from War

13960210000905_PhotoI.jpg

TEHRAN (FNA)- A leading Egyptian newspaper wrote that Iran's ballistic missiles have given the country powerful arms in the region, noting that the US will be the last state in the world to think of war against Tehran.

Mursi Ataollah, a prominent analyst, wrote in the Arabic-language al-Ahram paper that Pentagon's doubts about its power to confront Iran's retaliatory attacks have dissuaded the US from attacking Iran.

"It was not pointless that I said from the first day of increased US threats against Iran that the US will be the last country in the world which will think of war against Iran," he added.

Ataollah underlined that the number of war tools and fighter jets in bases do not decide the fate of any war in the region, and said that the number of ground forces and their agility to use their power is also important.

"For instance, today, using ballistic missiles is one of the most important arms of Iran's power in the region and the country also enjoys the power to attain advanced drones too," he added.

The Iranian Defense Ministry in a statement last Monday underlined the country's high military capabilities and deterrence power, and said that enemies do not dare to launch military war on Iran.

"The great founder of the Islamic Republic of Iran hoisted the flag of freedom and righteousness of the Islamic Republic which was engraved in the memory and the hearts of the lovers of Islam and the Islamic system forever," the statement said on the occasion of the 30th demise anniversary of the late founder of the Islamic Revolution Imam Khomeini.

No problem in West Asia can be solved without Iran's participation, it added, noting that in recent years the defensive and deterrent capabilities of the Islamic Republic of Iran have multiplied and no enemy dared to threaten the country.

The statement stressed the need for turning the existing economic sanctions into a golden opportunity to attain development and strengthen the country's defense capabilities, adding that Iran is determined to continue this path firmly.

https://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13980320000421

The footage shows that Dezful rocket motor Nozzel made with Carbon fiber composite due to weight reduction.

D8y_JPRXkAMFrHc

D8y_KLnWkAAVVeq

Light reflections make the rocket motor body texture visible and this texture appears to be composite structure.

D8zA5xZWwAIBTz7

D8zA5_aXoAEwJ6D

Wrong! In well defended area's like a Missile base it allows Iran to build various types of traps for any type of aircraft & or cruise missile attempting to fly low and use the terrain to stay below radar using various types of passive short ranged air defense systems because to actually stay below radar you will be restricted to only a few predictable routs.

As I said you guy's have been fighting cavemen with AK for too long. And the AMG-158 doesn't have the destructive power to collapse the entrance in any meaningful way. Meaning Iran could easily clear the rubble and reopen the entrance in under an hour if it wanted and the U.S. knows that so wasting a million dollar missile over something that Iran could easily clear up in under an hour is utterly absurd! To do any significant damage to the entrances of larger Iranian Missile bases dung inside mountains the U.S. will need to use +4000lb bombs.

Weapons like the AMG-158 & Tomahawk can only take out missiles inside of individual bunkers that aren't dug deep underground and Iran does have missile bases that also store mobile missiles like that too but the U.S. would still have to cross various layers of Iranian Air Defense systems to get there and deploy as many as 100 or more missiles against each of them if they hope to do any significant damage

Iraq said the same thing when fighting rice farmers in Vietnam prior to Gulf War 1 conflict. Mother of all battles. The U.S. is capable of dealing with such defenses. Its no different when you see them testing missiles and bombs against hardened bunkers and caves. You saw similar tests when Syria's airbases were bombed with hardened bunkers that look similar. Why not in the mountains?
GBU-39-B-SDB-I-Drop-2.jpg

58e8f0dbc361880c1e8b4622.jpg

To destroy a base such as al-Sufran or Livu in the UAE, we need something about 20-30 Qiam missiles and 30-40 Fateh missiles.

Red Circle Radius Destruction power of Qiam missile.

Blue Circle Radius Destruction power of Fateh missile.

D8MkC47W4AA3BWt.jpg

Zolfaghar missiles at there finest

D8KmVIAXUAU9lry.jpg

one of the Qiam missile storage facilities

D8Kg2QLXoAE03EF.jpg

To fully and completely destroy a military base as large as the Bagram base in Afghanistan, assuming that the missiles have the pin point accuracy and the 100-meter destruction radius, we need about 100-150 short-range ballistic missiles such as the Qiam.

D8KelALV4AAxxwu.jpg

Assuming all the missiles were able to accurately hit and avoid defenses.

or you can just hit the runway and bring the air force to do the rest.

Runways can be repaired not to mention you have highways that can be used as runways. So in other words you have to bomb more.

Back
Top Bottom