What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/l...12-irna01.htm?_m=3n.002a.1962.kf0ao008le.1szj

Iran unveils most advanced Karrar Tank
In-Depth Coverage
IRNA - Islamic Republic News Agency

Tehran, March 12, IRNA -- Defense Minister Brigadier-General Hossein Dehqan said here on Sunday that updating armor equipment is the main strategy of the country's defense ministry.

Dehqan made the remark during the unveiling ceremony of Domestically-manufactured battle Karrar (Striker) tank in Tehran.

The commander underlined that Karrar tank is an indication of high intelligence, exemplary creativity and wonderful capabilities of Iranian experts in defense ministry.

He stressed that the highly-advanced tank has been designed and built by Iranian experts in Bani-Hashem Armor Complex in Dorud city in western province of Lorestan during the past three years.

Dehghan said Karrar Tank is equipped with electro-optical fire control system, laser rangefinder, ballistic computer and ability to fire at fixed and mobile targets during daytime and at night.

Equipped with a navigation system that can be displayed for the tank driver, the commander underlined that Karrar is capable of moving through pits, rivers and under water.

Iran industry has been developing fast in the past few years. On March 7, the Saba-248 national helicopter was unveiled.

The helicopter has totally been designed and built by the experts of Iran Helicopter Logistics and Renovation Company affiliated to the ministry's Aviation Industries Organization.

9060**1771

what's this?
149224205955147000.jpg

Yavar,

I think this video is solid evidence that the Ra'ad-2 program is either on hold or moving very slowly in terms of production, given the amount of resources being given to refurbish the existing fleet of M109 SPHs.

I suspect the fact the Ra'ad-2 (both known variants) use Russian diesel engines is the cause of their slow progress.

Then again, it would foolish to leave ~310 surviving M109s to waste, even if they were producing the Ra'ad-2 in decent numbers.

Just my 2 cents.

Yavar,

I think this video is solid evidence that the Ra'ad-2 program is either on hold or moving very slowly in terms of production, .
راه‌اندازی ۴ خط تولید تجهیزات راهبردی دفاعی در سال

این خط تولیدها شامل راه‌اندازی خط تولید ساخت قطعات تانک و نفربر در کارخانجات تانک‌سازی مسجدسلیمان، راه‌اندازی خط تولید در کارخانجات نصر و فتح اصفهان در زمینه تولید تجهیزات زرهی

http://tn.ai/1376976

Iran NJAJA army 188th Brigade of Zahedan تیپ ١٨٨ زاهدان ارتش

Iran Army 35th Brigade Special Ground Force تيپ سي و پنج نيروي ويژه نيروي زميني ارتش ايران

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom