What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Have any of these weapons been used in Syria or Iraq yet? It seems strange to me that we can produce so many "high tech" weapons but for some reason we won't use them to support our fighters in Syria or Iraq.
Yes, we use many of new Iranian made weapons and systems in Iraq and Syria.. Even sometime Iraqi brothers uses Iranian thermal night visions on their M4s and sometimes on their American sniper rifles, ... They are using anti-armored missiles...they are using radars... UAVs... I have seen so many pics where these weapons are used in Iraq and Syria war against terrorists

Those ATVs being operated by IRGC-GF during Great Prophet 11 are actually recently acquired Canadian BRP Can-Am Outlander models. Some are 2012 model years while others appear to be current. Two Can-Am Outlanders can be seen equipped with factory option tracked systems.

Quite an improvement over the army's Banihashem ATV.

iranian sayyad 2 sniper rifle for iraqi forces
17022107_159933751185397_1688222494046906575_n.jpg

iranian saberin forces
16864548_156966698148769_2381682418236618732_n.jpg
17156242_165077390671033_3420122530831635964_n.jpg
16683864_156966461482126_8348679976376801158_n.jpg
16864442_153438738501565_817915359944216048_n.jpg

Will we ever see an Iranian Javelin equivalent? More specifically, is it feasible for Iran to develop a fire and forget ATGM with capability of top attack flight profile?

Well, it is probable that someday we will see an Iranian made fire and forget ATGM system, as Iran is already working on Sadid family of missiles.

But with Iran's current financial restraints, I believe that even after such hypothetical unveiling, we won't witness widespread proliferation of such systems in Iran, it is much more cost effective to invest in equipping more Artesh and Sepah units with capable beam-riding ATGMs such as Dehlavieh, although such fire and forget systems can be issued to a handful of elite units.

Regarding top attack profile, Iran do indeed manufacture such system but it is not fire and forget, rather it is a laser guided SACLOS, more specifically Toophan-3 ATGM.

Last edited:
Iran develops new Pirooz anti-tank guided missile carrier vehicle
Read news from Defence Blog at Flipboard.com | Subscribe to the newsletter from Defence Blog

https://twitter.com/hashtag/iqdex2017

Mar 8, 2017
C6Zgkwe-696x586.jpg

Photo by KLKAMASH

The Defense Industries Organization (D.I.O), affiliated subsidiaries of Ministry of Defense and Support of Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran, is developing a new Pirooz anti-tank guided missile carrier vehicle.

The concept of new Pirooz anti-tank missile system was displayed at IQDEX-2017 international defence exhibition in Iraq. The Pirooz weapon station is mounted on various types of tactical and armor vehicles.

The Pirooz remote weapon station is fitted block of four Dehlaviyeh missile launchers. The launcher station can fire the new upgraded missile Dehlaviyeh with has the capacity to be fire at a maximum range of 5,000 m.

The Pirooz system could promote its tactical and operational capabilities by combination of electro-optical tracking system, two-degree freedom platform and Dehlaviyeh ground laser-site.

The Dehlaviyeh thought to be an Iranian ‘copycat’ of the Russian KBM 9M133 Kornet missile.

AEaNt6.jpg

Photo by KLKAMASH

C6ZgkwRWMAAe1PE.jpg

C6ZgkwSXQAApEek.jpg

Last edited:
we love malik alashter he is one of true believers.
«الا انَّ مالِکَ بنَ الحارِثِ قَد قَضى نَحبَهُ ، واوفى بِعَهدِهِ، ولَقِیَ رَبَّهُ، فَرَحِمَ اللهُ مالِکاً ! لَو کانَ جَبَلاً لَکانَ فِنداً(1)، ولَو کانَ حَجَراً لَکانَ صَلداً. للهِِ مالِکٌ ! وما مالِکٌ ! وهَل قامَتِ النِّساءُ عَن مِثلِ مالِک! وهَل مَوجودٌ کَمالِک!»
He was called جبلا فندا by our lord, Imam Ali (AS). We love him :tup:

«الا انَّ مالِکَ بنَ الحارِثِ قَد قَضى نَحبَهُ ، واوفى بِعَهدِهِ، ولَقِیَ رَبَّهُ، فَرَحِمَ اللهُ مالِکاً ! لَو کانَ جَبَلاً لَکانَ فِنداً(1)، ولَو کانَ حَجَراً لَکانَ صَلداً. للهِِ مالِکٌ ! وما مالِکٌ ! وهَل قامَتِ النِّساءُ عَن مِثلِ مالِک! وهَل مَوجودٌ کَمالِک!»
He was called جبلا فندا by our lord, Imam Ali (AS). We love him :tup:
You can't find men like him every time they are just unique
قال الامام علي عليه السلام كان لي مالك كما كنت لرسول الله

Malik was to me as I was to the prophet PBUH.

It's possible the "Fadak-1 rocket and Toophan ATGMs" image was from Iran's exhibit in 2016, as it was used for the exhibition's brochure.

Back
Top Bottom