What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Any chance iran getting hands on any HIMERS rounds, i never heard russian army captured any of those or they did .. that MRLS system is outstanding

You're right, It would probably have some impact, i think even a massive impact, it would depend how the Russians uses them and if it fits to their plan and goals

Patriots proven countless times they aren't capable of intercepting anything else than Saddam Scuds and sling-shots, not mentioning that Ukraine doesn't have time to learn to operate these systems appropriately, Saudi Arabia for example, which relies extensively on Blackwater mercs/African mercs, got numerous patriot batteries shattered into pieces with Burkan missiles (A Qiam variant that is already pretty old), there was a satellite imagery in the missile section years ago there

For example, the Israelis tested their Arrow-3 system which is meant to stop Iranian BMs, but... using a "Shahab-3"-like missile to test it, Shahab itself is not even continued and dates from the 2000s

Iran probably owns a ton of Fateh and all its family, i don't think Russia would even go for Fateh-110, 110 is the base of the Fateh family, Fateh Mobin would be appropriate also. This combined with the usage of Russian and Iranian loitering drones would without a doubt make a lot of damage as they have no way to stop such attacks

The problem would be political, Iran already sent S-136 and got some very bad image on the international scene and public scene, plus more sanctions, covert actions from the US that led somewhat to the color revolution attempt, and threats of war, i believe it could have really happened before the Saudi-Iran deal where Iran needed to use leverage against the west, but it is still possible that it happens, we never know with all we saw these past months
Probably has something to do with what NATO would respond in return. Think about it. Ukraine doesn't have any really good ballistic missiles except for the old Soviet made designs back then. The last thing Russia wants is Ukraine having a parity while Russia have Iskanders and other ballistic missiles while Ukraine doesn't have any of those excluding Russian cruise missiles as well.

Any chance iran getting hands on any HIMERS rounds, i never heard russian army captured any of those or they did .. that MRLS system is outstanding
Aside from the accuracy, theirs really not much requirement for it. Because of use of INS, they can produce alot more units and lower cost still with a decent CEP (probably around 20-30meter) for area destruction (due to its low range of 120km max). It becomes quite devastating if used with good real-time reconnaissance. Should not be underestimated. BM-120 would be the prime system for strikes in a ground conflict.

FfSxrNuXEAEskTD.jpg

Large production numbers can be achieved, and they can be used wastefully and extensively as a heavier MLRS, while US made HIMARS has to be use sparingly and is not used in that fashion like a Grad launcher would.

Aside from the accuracy, theirs really not much requirement for it. Because of use of INS, they can produce alot more units and lower cost still with a decent CEP (probably around 20-30meter) for area destruction (due to its low range of 120km max). It becomes quite devastating if used with good real-time reconnaissance. Should not be underestimated. BM-120 would be the prime system for strikes in a ground conflict.

FfSxrNuXEAEskTD.jpg

Large production numbers can be achieved, and they can be used wastefully and extensively as a heavier MLRS, while US made HIMARS has to be use sparingly and is not used in that fashion like a Grad launcher would.

To summarize Iran has a far better solution. You could’ve started with that.

The BM-120 is accurate. The ones used in Kurdistan attacks did not have course altering mechanisms. patarames already talked about it.

Some of Iranian secret weapons,

First is hard to believe but second third and fourth are believable

Watch from 3:15

After watching this video feel too much proud

Asefeh 23x115mm caliber and 3 barrels (Reported use on Shahid Soleimani)​

Screenshot_523.png

Screenshot_526.png

Moharram 12.7mm minigun, 6 barrels
Moharram_(Gatling_gun).jpg

638056744226714633.jpg

Akhgar machine gun, 7.62 mm caliber and 6 barrels

Screenshot_525.png

Screenshot_527.png

Screenshot_524.png

I don't trust this channel at all personally.
Iran claimed to have laser weapons for many times. Google and you will find the results

A2AD or some electronic weapons that Iran disables enemies air defense or capture their drone easily is not something to be unbelievable

American air defense systems never works in Syria and they cannot fix the issue, al Assad base air defense system in Iraq didn't work too [despite they knew Iran is about to raining missiles on them], Aramco didn't work too

And sahere missile is not something to be unbelievable too

Both Iranian land and sea missiles guide to the last seconds that they hit their targets in addition they hit targets from different angles

General hajizade recently claimed Iran has hypersonic HGV or missiles which are impossible for enemy to shoot down for decades

Have fun

Iran claimed to have laser weapons for many times. Google and you will find the results

A2AD or some electronic weapons that Iran disables enemies air defense or capture their drone easily is not something to be unbelievable

American air defense systems never works in Syria and they cannot fix the issue, al Assad base air defense system in Iraq didn't work too [despite they knew Iran is about to raining missiles on them], Aramco didn't work too

And sahere missile is not something to be unbelievable too

Both Iranian land and sea missiles guide to the last seconds that they hit their targets in addition they hit targets from different angles

General hajizade recently claimed Iran has hypersonic HGV or missiles which are impossible for enemy to shoot down for decades

Have fun
I meant mostly in general, the channel says things I can't prove for sure.

But for these points, I believe it, Iran is within the capability for all of these.

As for the American Air Defense, it's not that it never works, they certainly have had success using these systems, it is just that these systems work well with simple missiles and munitions. For example a PAC-3 missile is well within capability to intercept a old generation Fateh-110 that files in simple and predictable trajectory.

2 ballistic missiles fired from Yemen where intercepted over UAE, this is proven interception by "multiple patriot interceptors". Yes indeed, they fired well over 2 missiles to intercept the 2 Yemeni missiles. which appear to be the Burkan-3 missile (which looks similar to the Resvan missile but perhaps shorter in length, hard to tell).
The Houthi's used 2 of these missiles to test US air defenses, they passed the test, but not easily. The re-entry speed of the Resvan warhead is very fast.
What CENTCOM had said in the end, it was the Thadd system that intercepted the Burkan-3 which would be the most logical conclusion.

To say that their systems don't work is just willful ignorance, but they can be overpowered, outnumbered, and defeated with more complex systems and numbers.

Last edited:

But for these points, I believe it, Iran is within the capability for all of these.

As for the American Air Defense, it's not that it never works, they certainly have had success using these systems, it is just that these systems work well with simple missiles and munitions. For example a PAC-3 missile is well within capability to intercept a old generation Fateh-110 that files in simple and predictable trajectory.

2 ballistic missiles fired from Yemen where intercepted over UAE, this is proven interception by "multiple patriot interceptors". Yes indeed, they fired well over 2 missiles to intercept the 2 Yemeni missiles. which appear to be the Burkan-3 missile (which looks similar to the Resvan missile but perhaps shorter in length, hard to tell).
The Houthi's used 2 of these missiles to test US air defenses, they passed the test, but not easily. The re-entry speed of the Resvan warhead is very fast.
What CENTCOM had said in the end, it was the Thadd system that intercepted the Burkan-3 which would be the most logical conclusion.

To say that their systems don't work is just willful ignorance, but they can be overpowered, outnumbered, and defeated with more complex systems and numbers.

Relevant

That's true but American air defense systems and their electric warfare really sucks when it comes to borders around Iran and sometimes even "deap" inside Iraq & Syria

Anyway let's see what happens in future ..

What happened to the iranian made assault rifles? I think it was Masaf or Zulfaghar but not sure which one was the latest. Are they still working on it? Is it finalised?

Back
Top Bottom