What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

A close up of the new flare/chaff dispenser
Extensive-addition-of-new-equipment-to-the-armys-ground-forces-6.jpg

A video of the new equipment including the new 5 axle Kian 800 tank transporter.
https://media.farsnews.ir/Uploaded/Files/Video/1402/01/22/14020122000623.mp4
Extensive-addition-of-new-equipment-to-the-armys-ground-forces-1.jpg

ShowPicture.aspx

This is an interesting pic,it looks to show 3 different versions of the almas atgm.
The one at the back with the carrying handle looks to be your standard man portable atgm version.
The one in the middle with the mounting system attached looks to be the drone launched version,its interesting to note that the front and back caps on the launch tube look to be larger than its ground launched cousin
The 3rd version at the front is a bit of a puzzle,it clearly doesnt have the carry handle one would expect for a man portable launcher,nor does it have the rather robust mounting bracket for an aircraft weapons rail,tho it does appear to have some sort of attachment system mounted in the middle of the tube and also some extra component mounted at the front as well.Possibly a version intended for mounting on remote operated weapons stations perhaps?.
So is the man portable one comparable to a Javelin? Always saw here that Almas is top attack

Is this an M48/60 Patton?
we have an upgraded m-60 (which still is shitty) called SamSam , it also one of the things that eat ressources and need to get retired or repurposed (for example used for short to medium range airdefence for battle ground) just like the f-7, f-1, .....

Is this an M48/60 Patton?
we have an upgraded m-60 (which still is shitty) called SamSam , it also one of the things that eat ressources and need to get retired or repurposed (for example used for short to medium range airdefence for battle ground) just like the f-7, f-1, .....
Me think the tank was used to show what Kian 800 tank transporter can do, is for

Edit:

I mean the weight. M60 with bricks is around 50t what is ~ same as Karrar. But Karrar are not for show at the moment...for reasons

Last edited:
So is the man portable one comparable to a Javelin? Always saw here that Almas is top attack

It’s comparable to spike, not Javelin. Spike has a top attack variant.

Iran has yet to unveil a direct Javelin copy, but one maybe in the works since western media outlets have said Russia has delivered captured arms from Ukraine to Iran for reverse engineering.

Thus the unveiling of an Iranian NLAW or Javelin clone would not be surprising.

Me think the tank was used to show what Kian 800 tank transporter can do, is for

Edit:

I mean the weight. M60 with bricks is around 50t what is ~ same as Karrar. But Karrar are not for show at the moment...for reasons
i think I read some where there was 3 karrar present
by the way we have around 150 SamSam tank
by the way we have 200x M-60a1 which 150 of the upgraded to Samsam and 400x t-55 (upgraded to t-72z or safir-74) 100x chieftain. these can easily converted into mobile short to medium airdefence system for battle field and in that role they probably be a lot more useful

Last edited:
by the way we have 200x M-60a1 which 150 of the upgraded to Samsam and 400x t-55 (upgraded to t-72z or safir-74) 100x chieftain. these can easily converted into mobile short to medium airdefence system for battle field and in that role they probably be a lot more useful

a lot of metal

Someone here said you can buy Iranian body armour in military stores in Iran?

@Hack-Hook is that true? Would be strange for a country where guns are outlawed
Yes, i can even give you the name of one. entezamikala. They usually (or entirely) sell to basij & airsofters. It's usually just security equipment though

i have seen the plate holders , but i was not exactly find the plates in the stores but i didn't specifically looked for them either

about the rest of the gear , you can find the hat
the rest of the gear i don't knew but usually you can find any military clothes you want if you look for it
The Ruyin-3 you can buy in some military stores is the soft protection only variant in green camo, standard issue for security units

More comparable to Spike (it's a spike-LR derivative). Superior to Javelin in it's attack angle and has man in the loop ability

It’s comparable to spike, not Javelin. Spike has a top attack variant.

Iran has yet to unveil a direct Javelin copy, but one maybe in the works since western media outlets have said Russia has delivered captured arms from Ukraine to Iran for reverse engineering.

Thus the unveiling of an Iranian NLAW or Javelin clone would not be surprising.
There's no point to unveil a Javelin copy, when it's inherently worse than Spike

In depth thread

Testing Massaf assault rifle in hard conditions

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom