What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

I wonder why information regarding fighter planes is disclosed by a ground forces commander??

or I misunderstood and it is not a plane
I think the person who translated the news meant to say "Freighter" and it came out as "Fighter":undecided:

basically the news is about introduction of a new Transporter truck in the supper heavy class.

Very good points. Iran produces 6 variants of TOW missile warheads and three variants of launch guidance ..disabling a tank in a field is just as good as destroying it..aim at the tracks and you will have dead tank that has to be hulled away

Iranian TOWs rounds can be produced in thousands and very inexpensive..A TOW on tripod requires a two man team the most.

View attachment 914100
not the most a tow and tripod , and launcher and all side equipment is north of 90 kg , usual team is 3-4 person . i think tow is better suited for vehicles

Amir Brigadier Nozar Nemati, Deputy Commander of the Army Ground Forces: For the first time in the country, the Army Ground Forces has produced a super-heavy fighter, which we will unveil in the coming days
the translation was somehow Funny
I think he taught the news say killer instead of freighter and why the translation come out like that

I wonder why information regarding fighter planes is disclosed by a ground forces commander??

or I misunderstood and it is not a plane
Amir Brigadier Nozar Nemati, Deputy Commander of the Army Ground Forces: For the first time in the country, the Army Ground Forces has produced a super-heavy fighter, which we will unveil in the coming days
I think translation not so good. I think it's like a trailer or truck for logistics.

I would disagree.Both the Ukrainians and Russians were praising the devastating effect those two systems had in stopping Russian armor advances from Kyev to Kherson,

No they were not. It wasn’t Javelins and NLAWs that stopped the advance of Kiyv. What a preposterous assertion. There was literally 10KM+ line of Russian armour lined up within 30Km of Kiyv. The reason it was stopped was due to logistics and lack of manpower to break thru Kiyv —a massively fortified and reinforced city. Russia would have needed over 100,000 soldiers alone to take that city due to Ukrainian army not folding during the blitzkerig offensive.

Most Russian armour was lost in urban settings/artillery barrages, and UAV strikes (early on in war).

The amount of videos of NLAW or Javelin were few and far between. I even saw a video of a NLAW fired directly from a video straight onto a passing Russian tank and the tank continued.

NLAWs are very expensive and effective range is under 500 meters. They are not game changing weapons. Sure Iran will take a gander at it for reverse engineering possibility, but it’s not a pressing need for Iran.

I was also thinking the same thing since it's only a year back that got unveiled,producing it in large numbers quickly will probably not be possible for now.

It all depends if assembly line is set up and how much parts are foreign sourced. If assembly line is setup + parts and components are widely available + Russian signs contract and provides funds then Iran can begin producing fairly quickly.

It’s all about logistics and money.

No they were not. It wasn’t Javelins and NLAWs that stopped the advance of Kiyv. What a preposterous assertion. There was literally 10KM+ line of Russian armour lined up within 30Km of Kiyv. The reason it was stopped was due to logistics and lack of manpower to break thru Kiyv —a massively fortified and reinforced city. Russia would have needed over 100,000 soldiers alone to take that city due to Ukrainian army not folding during the blitzkerig offensive.

Most Russian armour was lost in urban settings/artillery barrages, and UAV strikes (early on in war).
Got it.Ukrainians used their cold war era soviet artillery(since at that time they had no western made artillery systems) and 8 Bayraktars to destroy entire Russian armor.Small,mobile groups armed with ATGMs had absolutely no part in that whatsoever,pinning them and making them easy targets for artillery strikes.While Russians were installing cages on their tanks to protect themselves from artillery shells and drones.

"The opening phase of the war in Ukraine was marked by the dramatic images of torched Russian vehicles. Videos showed ambushes against Russian columns with small Ukrainian teams consisting of machine gunners, snipers, and ATGM teams in strikes that were reminiscent of the tactics employed by Chechen forces in Grozny in 1994.

In some instances, it appears that the more advanced anti-tank weapons provided to Ukraine, such as the NLAW or Javelin, were used to engage the lead and last vehicle of a Russian column. Often, the lead vehicles would be heavily armoured tanks and their successful defeat would ensure that the whole column was brought to a halt. For this reason, the more advanced weapons with a higher kill probability were used to provide a reasonable guarantee of success."
The amount of videos of NLAW or Javelin were few and far between. I even saw a video of a NLAW fired directly from a video straight onto a passing Russian tank and the tank continued.
"Few and far between"?In March alone,already there were dozens of videos about both systems being extensively used in combat.
NLAWs are very expensive and effective range is under 500 meters. They are not game changing weapons. Sure Iran will take a gander at it for reverse engineering possibility, but it’s not a pressing need for Iran.
You sure about the range of NLAW,lol?Btw i never said it's "pressing need for Iran" to reverse engineer anything as a matter of fact i don't really care that much whether you do or don't.
What I am saying is that both of those systems are far better and more effective than any man portable weapon in your current inventory.

Isn't Almas shoulder-fired and a single soldier can use it? Im having troubles getting images of it, just saw the missile

Like TOW or more like Javelin?

Isn't Almas shoulder-fired and a single soldier can use it? Im having troubles getting images of it, just saw the missile

Like TOW or more like Javelin?
Iranian_IRGC_unveils_ground-launched_version_of_Almas_anti-tank_missile.jpg

novye-iranskie-vooruzheniya-nhu48ekc-1625833981.t.jpg

Got it.Ukrainians used their cold war era soviet artillery(since at that time they had no western made artillery systems) and 8 Bayraktars to destroy entire Russian armor.Small,mobile groups armed with ATGMs had absolutely no part in that whatsoever,pinning them and making them easy targets for artillery strikes.While Russians were installing cages on their tanks to protect themselves from artillery shells and drones.

Yes they used primarily artillery, their own tanks, and MLRS to hold back the Russians. It wasn’t NLAWs and Javelins that stopped Russians in their tracks that’s preposterous.

Artillery is artillery. A 152/155mm/etc. shell fired from a 1970’s cannon is no different than your “western made artillery systems”. The difference is distance in light, medium, and heavy cannons. Russia had benefit of heavy artillery systems (200MM) shells/systems which allowed them to fire further than Ukrainian artillery. Guess what? They were from Soviet Union era and were destroying Ukraine hence why US had to deliver HIMARS to offset Russians heavy artillery and more advanced MLRS systems like TOS-1.

Ukraine had 2000+ artillery pieces + MLRS systems as well before start of war. You act like Ukraine was a poor military. It was literally one of the backbones of Soviet Union. Iran acquired its Kh-55 missiles from Ukraine. Ukraine had a decent defense industry prior to the war. The problem with Ukraine was always corruption and cronyism.

"The opening phase of the war in Ukraine was marked by the dramatic images of torched Russian vehicles. Videos showed ambushes against Russian columns with small Ukrainian teams consisting of machine gunners, snipers, and ATGM teams in strikes that were reminiscent of the tactics employed by Chechen forces in Grozny in 1994.

Please stop quoting Western propaganda. They also said a farmer shot a SU-35 out of the air with a rifle! :omghaha:

That the ‘ghost of kiyv’ shot down tens of Russian fighter jets out of sky.

Reality is Ukraine has lost 100,000 soldiers since the war began. They are losing 100+ troops per day in defense of Bakhmut alone. Of course your propaganda articles will not mention it.

In some instances, it appears that the more advanced anti-tank weapons provided to Ukraine, such as the NLAW or Javelin, were used to engage the lead and last vehicle of a Russian column. Often, the lead vehicles would be heavily armoured tanks and their successful defeat would ensure that the whole column was brought to a halt. For this reason, the more advanced weapons with a higher kill probability were used to provide a reasonable guarantee of success."

There was a 200+ Russian armoured column sitting outside Kiyv with a month of the war. The primary issue with Russian military (which was many) was not enough manpower against a country that did a full mobilization.

It is basic knowledge at military academy level that the attacking force should have a 3 to 1 advantage in manpower when trying to capture a city/town/point in order to overcome defender advantage. Ukraine had 10 to 1 manpower advantage at some points in the front line. That makes a huge decisive difference.

Furthermore, Loads of videos of captured Javelins and NLAWs. Many were sold by Ukrainian soldiers to arms dealers to get their families out of the country. There was zero tracking of what happened to those arms after they weee delivered.

Over 5500 javelin systems were delivered to Ukraine. If it was as deadly as you say, then Ukraine had more javelins available than Russian mechanized armour used in the invasion.

Britain has given Ukraine 10,000 anti tank missiles since the war began.

"Few and far between"?In March alone,already there were dozens of videos about both systems being extensively used in combat.

I don’t recall dozens of such videos, especially since Ukraine implemented a cell phone ban to prevent Russia from electronic tracking troop positions and cracked down on civilian photography of Russian missile strikes by making it illegal to film.

I can tell you of “dozens” of videos of Russian troops capturing unused javelins and nlaws in the large numbers.

You sure about the range of NLAW,lol?

Effective recommended range is up to 400 meters. Anything beyond is pushing the limit of what is recommended and accuracy becomes more and more questionable.

What I am saying is that both of those systems are far better and more effective than any man portable weapon in your current inventory.

Considering you didn’t really even know the range of NLAW, I question how much you even know about these arms outside of western propaganda articles.

They are not “far” better than Iranian arms. They are effective arms don’t get me wrong, I am not saying they do not work. I should make that clear. However, overhyping and making them seem like gamechanging superior weapons is purely propaganda.

Look at variants of Toophan, Almas, Dehlavieh variants, and various RPG types (RPG-29 & RPG-32) and the various warheads for it Iran produces at a fraction of cost of NLAW or Javelin that are just as capable as these arms or at worse slightly inferior in certain areas, but much cheaper and still able to knock out a western tank.

Latest Dehlavieh variants were made with Israeli armour in mind and given to Hezbollah to test, everyone knows Merkava-4 is one of the strongest and toughest tanks in the world.

Lastly Iran focuses on PGMs since threat of land invasion or land war is remote, it has one of the most diverse and extensive PGM programs in the world for use by drones, helicopters, aircraft.

I challenge you to find another country that is thinking outside of the box and developing cheap yet effective solutions such as 358 missle. A loitering anti air missile that can be launched from the ground by a small crew and has been used to down overhyped western drones/helicopters/aircraft in Yemen.

1675200370202.png

Please stop quoting Western propaganda. They also said a farmer shot a SU-35 out of the air with a rifle! :omghaha:

Reality is Ukraine has lost 100,000 soldiers since the war began. They are losing 100+ troops per day in defense of Bakhmut alone. Of course your propaganda articles will not mention it.
To suggest Javelins and NLAWs played an important role in confronting armoured columns on main roads isn't far fetched at all. Artillery was key to block columns from advancing on main boards, but in the absense of artillery, these were the primary means confronting armour.
Yes they used primarily artillery, their own tanks, and MLRS to hold back the Russians. It wasn’t NLAWs and Javelins that stopped Russians in their tracks that’s preposterous.

Artillery is artillery. A 152/155mm/etc. shell fired from a 1970’s cannon is no different than your “western made artillery systems”. The difference is distance in light, medium, and heavy cannons. Russia had benefit of heavy artillery systems (200MM) shells/systems which allowed them to fire further than Ukrainian artillery. Guess what? They were from Soviet Union era and were destroying Ukraine hence why US had to deliver HIMARS to offset Russians heavy artillery and more advanced MLRS systems like TOS-1.

Ukraine had 2000+ artillery pieces + MLRS systems as well before start of war. You act like Ukraine was a poor military. It was literally one of the backbones of Soviet Union. Iran acquired its Kh-55 missiles from Ukraine. Ukraine had a decent defense industry prior to the war. The problem with Ukraine was always corruption and cronyism.
I think Ukraine also had the largest armour corps in Europe aside from Russia. The de-militarization of Ukraine basically put the rest of Europe at Russia's fingertip.

To suggest Javelins and NLAWs played an important role in confronting armoured columns on main roads isn't far fetched at all.

There is no evidence that Javelins or NLAWs would have generated more of an impact than a kornet or any other modern ATGM. If you supply 15,000 anti tank missiles to any war they will have an “impact”. Look at impact that 300-500 Shaheds had.

The reason they even had an impact is US/NATO intelligence providing them targeting data of where Russian assets were at various times. You have to remember that Ukraine had little to no air recon teams and no satellites. If US/NATO don’t provide targeting data than Ukraine would be blind as a bat.

Also User is suggesting such items are “far” better than anything Iran has. That’s absurd.

While I realized few posts back that trying to explain certain things to you is pretty much futile i will continue this "debate" just out of curiosity to see on how many other things can you be wrong.
Tanks you say.Soviet artillery and tank to tank battles stopped Russia?Would you mind providing some source for those massive tank battles that took place since i missed any news on that.
No it isn't the same.Newer artillery systems or as you call them "mine western artillery systems"are far more mobile,accurate and with longer range than ones used by "1970 cannon",because military technology is far more developed now than in 1970.

You do realize that Ukraine never produced artillery ammunition till late 2022 and thay actually started plans for that only in 2018?So even if they had 20 000 artillery pieces it doesn't really matter when they don't have round production.

Ok I will stop western propaganda.Javelin and NLAW suck and Russian tanks can only be destroyed by soviet made artillery(or tanks),which is by the way more effective and accurate than
M777,Pzh 2000 or other western made crap.I am doing it right?
Oh i almost forgot,Russian casualties are negligent,just a few thousands.
Over 5500 javelin systems were delivered to Ukraine. If it was as deadly as you say, then Ukraine had more javelins available than Russian mechanized armour used in the invasion.

Britain has given Ukraine 10,000 anti tank missiles since the war began.
Can't argue with facts,You have just proven to me how useless they are.Which is probably why the producers of those systems can't get all the orders fulfilled and are stepping up production at unprecedented scale.
Effective recommended range is up to 400 meters. Anything beyond is pushing the limit of what is recommended and accuracy becomes more and more questionable.
According to SAAB:Combat range 20-800 meters.You see this is why you shouldn't talk about things you don't know,because you risk sounding...not very bright.

Considering you didn’t really even know the range of NLAW, I question how much you even know about these arms outside of western propaganda articles.
Yeah it was me who didn't know the range...Good that you are here to enlighten me with your extensive knowledge on weapons.
They are not “far” better than Iranian arms. They are effective arms don’t get me wrong, I am not saying they do not work. I should make that clear. However, overhyping and making them seem like gamechanging superior weapons is purely propaganda.

Look at variants of Toophan, Almas, Dehlavieh variants, and various RPG types (RPG-29 & RPG-32) and the various warheads for it Iran produces at a fraction of cost of NLAW or Javelin that are just as capable as these arms or at worse slightly inferior in certain areas, but much cheaper and still able to knock out a western tank.
Did you just compared and called RPG 29 and 32 "as capable" and "slightly inferior" than Javelin?Please say that was a joke?
Buddy,I've seen all kinds of people on this forum but you...you are really something special...very special.
I challenge you to find another country that is thinking outside of the box and developing cheap yet effective solutions such as 358 missle.
What has that to do with the subject?

Last edited:
Tanks you say.Soviet artillery and tank to tank battles stopped Russia?Would you mind providing some source for those massive tank battles that took place since i missed any news on that.

Apparently you forgot what you even argued. You said

Damir877 said:
I would disagree.Both the Ukrainians and Russians were praising the devastating effect those two systems had in stopping Russian armor advances from Kyev to Kherson

First of all what Russians was “praising” the Javelin and NLAW? And how did the Javelin and NLAW stop the advance on Kiyv When you had a 40 mile long convoy sitting outside of Kiyv?

20220305_EUP511.jpg

1675213003242.jpeg

The reason Russians were halted across front line is many reasons some of which can be attributed to Russian mistakes and incompetence, but primarily it was a large defender population (full mobilization) vs an invader that had 150,000? soldiers across a massive front line alongside brutal artillery battles, and logistics problems for the Russian force that had them running out fuel and ammo and not being resupplied with troops or supplies fast enough eventually forcing a retreat.

No it isn't the same.Newer artillery systems or as you call them "mine western artillery systems"are far more mobile,accurate and with longer range than ones used by "1970 cannon",because military technology is far more developed now than in 1970.

The accuracy comes from the shell (laser guided or not) or ballistic computer (fire control system) not the cannon itself. M777 Howitzer by itself was first built in late 80’s. You can add a ballistic computer (fire control system) to any type of cannons, just like you can add a ballistic computer to a T-72 cannon built in 1970’s. Iran does this all the time to upgrade its tanks.

How many western artillery systems were supplied? 30? 40? How many have been destroyed? 50%? More?

https://twitter.com/logka11/status/1602263561253822466?s=46&t=vJObXib1ZObWiaI-RgQfow

Ukraine is still relying on Soviet era artillery for most of their artillery firepower alongside MLRS.

What’s funny is Ukraine has been caught firing Iranian artillery shells in the 152MM and 155MM category.

You do realize that Ukraine never produced artillery ammunition till late 2022 and thay actually started plans for that only in 2018?So even if they had 20 000 artillery pieces it doesn't really matter when they don't have round production.

What does that have to do with anything? I didn’t argue that Ukraine doesn’t need TONS of artillery shells to survive from many countries to not run out. I said the majority of artillery cannons Ukraine uses is Soviet based and it is still deadly.

Ok I will stop western propaganda.Javelin and NLAW suck and Russian tanks can only be destroyed by soviet made artillery(or tanks),which is by the way more effective and accurate than
M777,Pzh 2000 or other western made crap.I am doing it right?

This is how I know you are trolling. I clearly said Javelin and NLAWs are capable ATGM that was never the point of arguement. The point is they aren’t the reason Russian was “stopped” in its track.

If instead of 10,000 Javelins and NLAWs, Ukraine had 10,000 latest TOW variant or latest Kornet variant…then the results would be pretty similar since Russian tanks lack active protection systems (ie trophy system) and are vulnerable from most areas besides the front to any modern ATGM.

It’s not like if Javelin or NLAW didn’t exist then Russia would have taken Kiyv. Look how long it took to clear Mariupol, taking cities requires MANPOWER. Russia simply didn’t have enough manpower to storm Kiyv.

Oh i almost forgot,Russian casualties are negligent,just a few thousands.

I never mentioned Russian casualties. In fact I am one of the most critical of Russian performance in this war on this section of the forum. I am the last person that will tell you the Russian war is going perfectly. But I also acknowledge Western propaganda has reached absurd levels about Ukraine capability and performance while hiding failures.
According to SAAB:Combat range 20-800 meters.You see this is why you shouldn't talk about things you don't know,because you risk sounding...not very bright.

More trolling and taking things out of context. I said recommend range is up to 400 meters anythint beyond that accuracy starts to suffer. You cite max range which I already knew not recommended range.

Designed as a single-use weapon system the NLAW can’t be reloaded. Furthermore, its range is modest with its farthest reach of stationary targets at 600 meters. Effective range against moving targets is up to 400 meters.

NLAW can effectively hit targets from 20 m to 800 m. The upper limit applies to stationary targets, and the maximum distance for moving targets is 600 m. For comparison, Javelin can attack a target at a distance of more than 2000 m, and in some variants and methods of use, up to 5000 m. Therefore, the difference is huge.

Did you just compared and called RPG 29 and 32 "as capable" and "slightly inferior" than Javelin?Please say that was a joke?

You continue to troll and take things out of context. I provided you a list of ATGMs iran produced.

You said javelin and NLAW are FAR better than anything Iran produces.

Where is evidence of your claim? How can Javelin be far better than anything Iran has, when Iran has Almas (Spike copy)? This is what I didn’t understand by your claim. It simply doesn’t make sense. Maybe you simply don’t know all the different types of ATGMs Iran produces or the latest variants of Toophan and Dahlevieh and their capability.

But in totality I would say Iran’s ATGMs are just as good as their western counterparts or slightly inferior at absolute worst but when cost comes into my play (more units per $$$) than again I’d rather have 100 units equipped with an iranian ATGM than 10 units equipped with a marginally better western ATGM.

Last edited:
First of all what Russians was “praising” the Javelin and NLAW? And how did the Javelin and NLAW stop the advance on Kiyv When you had a 40 mile long convoy sitting outside of Kiyv?
The ones that installed cages on their tanks as well as those whose phone conversations were met by Ukrainian telling their families in what hell they were in or something to that effect.

The accuracy comes from the shell (laser guided or not) or ballistic computer (fire control system) not the cannon itself. M777 Howitzer by itself was first built in late 80’s. You can add a ballistic computer (fire control system) to any type of cannons, just like you can add a ballistic computer to a T-72 cannon built in 1970’s. Iran does this all the time to upgrade its tanks.
Well that is amazing.So you can just put a ballistic computer on D 20 and make it as same as M 777?I wonder how long it will take for Russians to realize that?

How many western artillery systems were supplied? 30? 40? How many have been destroyed? 50%? More?
M777?Over 170 and around 30 were destroyed.

What does that have to do with anything? I didn’t argue that Ukraine doesn’t need TONS of artillery shells to survive from many countries to not run out. I said the majority of artillery cannons Ukraine uses is Soviet based and it is still deadly.
You tried to portrait Ukraine as some powerhouse based on the fact that it had 2000 artillery pieces.My point was that those numbers don't mean much when you don't have enough ammo for them.And as much as you deny it is western made artillery that is far more effective than any soviet pieces.
This is how I know you are trolling.
Trust me,you don't know nearly as much about anything as you think you know.
More trolling and taking things out of context. I said recommend range is up to 400 meters anythint beyond that accuracy starts to suffer. You cite max range which I already knew not recommended range.
You really gonna keep embarrassing yourself with the NLAW?Even after getting link to the producing factory?
By the way the max range "which you already knew" is 1000 meters.

You continue to troll and take things out of context.
Am I now?
"and various RPG types (RPG-29 & RPG-32) and the various warheads for it Iran produces at a fraction of cost of NLAW or Javelin that are just as capable as these arms or at worse slightly inferior in certain areas"
What exactly was the context in this part of the text?

You said javelin and NLAW are FAR better than anything Iran produces.
You see that is your biggest problem,lack of comprehension.I said man portable.Let me use google to teach you what that means:
man-portable (not comparable) That can be transported on a person. Often used of military weapons systems, e.g. missiles.
You're welcome.
But in totality I would say Iran’s ATGMs are just as good as their western counterparts or slightly inferior at absolute worst but when cost comes into my play (more units per $$$) than again I’d rather have 100 units equipped with an iranian ATGM than 10 units equipped with a marginally better western ATGM.
You know what is hilarious?That when your country does reverse engineer Javelin and NLAW all of those ATGM's that are "just as good" will go out of service with exception of Almas and maybe Dehlavie(because of it's price reasons and the huge range of the thermobaric warhead).
But you can be 100% sure that your beloved Toofan will go to history(all variants).
That should give you an idea how they compare.
Maybe you simply don’t know all the different types of ATGMs Iran produces or the latest variants of Toophan and Dahlevieh and their capability.
Luckily for me i have you here to educate me about their capability.

Last edited:
There is no evidence that Javelins or NLAWs would have generated more of an impact than a kornet or any other modern ATGM. If you supply 15,000 anti tank missiles to any war they will have an “impact”. Look at impact that 300-500 Shaheds had.

The reason they even had an impact is US/NATO intelligence providing them targeting data of where Russian assets were at various times. You have to remember that Ukraine had little to no air recon teams and no satellites. If US/NATO don’t provide targeting data than Ukraine would be blind as a bat.

Also User is suggesting such items are “far” better than anything Iran has. That’s absurd.
Oh please, Javelins, NLAWs which by the way cost only about 30k along with other anti tank weaponry even Ukraine's own Stugna have had a big impact that not only took out many of Russia's tanks but also other vehicles like troop transport to IFVs to even artillery during ambushes in the early days of the war. Even shooting down some of their helos. Artillery can only do so much but its not easy to hold off a large enemy force unless you have troops holding the line with small arms and anti tank weaponry. There is tons of evidence in videos beside the popular Stugna P. Javelins and NLAWs don't have their own video recording unless someone else is recording. Not to mention Ukrainians have been using drones as well.

Back
Top Bottom