What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

According to Mr. Azarmehr's discussions on MehrAein, Zolfiqar project evolved into Karrar. There were some units of Zolfiqar built but the powerplant at the time was not adequate. I thought they were competitors but it turns out one lead to the other.

Baa dorood bar shomaa, khoob paasokh be in maadar be khataa, roosbi zaadeh daadi.
I still liked the zulifqar because it really did look like a development from the ground up, more western looking but again I just liked how it looked, actually it being put into use in exercises I’ve never seen any, only on trailers, your probably right about the maybe they couldn’t solve power on it, but 20 years seems like a waste just to put into a heavily upgraded t 72.

I still liked the zulifqar because it really did look like a development from the ground up, more western looking but again I just liked how it looked, actually it being put into use in exercises I’ve never seen any, only on trailers, your probably right about the maybe they couldn’t solve power on it, but 20 years seems like a waste just to put into a heavily upgraded t 72.
I actually hope Iran is paying very close attention to the ukraine conflict and addresses the lack of active protection ASAP, at least on tanks that would likely be on the front line in dealing with that long eared degenerate based in pseudo azarbaijan (Araan) or other lowlife cannibal hordes threatening the realm...

I actually hope Iran is paying very close attention to the ukraine conflict and addresses the lack of active protection ASAP, at least on tanks that would likely be on the front line in dealing with that long eared degenerate based in pseudo azarbaijan (Araan) or other lowlife cannibal hordes threatening the realm...
Lmao honestly if you ever get to the sunrise Florida area lmk, we will meet up at sawgrass to make sure your not a homicidal maniac I will take you to Popeyes and I honestly do not talk politics in real life, but food all day long

Lmao honestly if you ever get to the sunrise Florida area lmk, we will meet up at sawgrass to make sure your not a homicidal maniac I will take you to Popeyes and I honestly do not talk politics in real life, but food all day long
Lol, I do have a harsh and angry disposition and am very self righteous; I also do use a lot of angry profanity and vulgarity, but the words are truly accurate descriptions of the creatures in discussion most of the time.
I would prefer a proper kabob restaurant in case of meeting up, popeyes is something I just get for eating while on the go or everyday meal rather than a social place.

Lol, I do have a harsh and angry disposition and am very self righteous; I also do use a lot of angry profanity and vulgarity, but the words are truly accurate descriptions of the creatures in discussion most of the time.
I would prefer a proper kabob restaurant in case of meeting up, popeyes is something I just get for eating while on the go or everyday meal rather than a social place.
Oh so basically same thing, minus self righteous a bit of an ahole maybe but a funny ahole.

I'm guessing that Iran got its hands on a Switchblade UAV which was sold on the black market from Ukraine ? Every armored vehicle should be equipped with this. I wonder if Iran has also gotten its hands on Javelin ATGMs ? Not that they're necessary, I mean Iran gave the Houthis in Yemen older Soviet era ATGMs and they easily destroys Saudi Abrams tanks. So much so that the Saudis stopped sending Abrams tanks into battle and settled on using technical.

I'm guessing that Iran got its hands on a Switchblade UAV which was sold on the black market from Ukraine ? Every armored vehicle should be equipped with this. I wonder if Iran has also gotten its hands on Javelin ATGMs ? Not that they're necessary, I mean Iran gave the Houthis in Yemen older Soviet era ATGMs and they easily destroys Saudi Abrams tanks. So much so that the Saudis stopped sending Abrams tanks into battle and settled on using technical.
I think it's more likely based on the Phoenix Ghost, both drones have been floating around the middle east for a while. So Iran could've easily acquired examples covertly, or it could just be an indigenous development. Loitering munitions all have a certain design pattern to them that makes them all appear fairly similar. It's like how all stealth jets kinda look the same, it's demanded by physics and engineering not necessarily imitation.

I'm quite confident that Iran has acquired Javelins by now, either through Ukraine or Syria so I'm somewhat bullish on a successor to the Saeghe 1/2 (M47 copy) appearing sometime soon. But doesn't Iran already have a Javelin equivalent with Almas (Spike copy)? To reiterate, I'm fairly confident that Iran has acquired them but is there much of a point when Iran already has Almas? Parallel programs seem to be an unfortunate feature of Iran's MIC so I wouldn't be surprised if a copy turns up.

przekazane-ukrainie-drony-phoenix-ghost-maja-bazowac-na-dronach-switchblade

Yes the Phoenix Ghost has more endurance. It can loiter for more than 6 hours as opposed to the Switchblade's 300's 15 minutes and the Switchblade 600's 40 minutes. Phoenix also has infrared sensors so it can track targets at night.

Switchblades are still useful however for destroying individual targets. They would be most effective imo if paired with a reconnaissance drone with a few hrs of endurance. It's not really ideal for searching for a target though.

I think it's more likely based on the Phoenix Ghost, both drones have been floating around the middle east for a while. So Iran could've easily acquired examples covertly, or it could just be an indigenous development. Loitering munitions all have a certain design pattern to them that makes them all appear fairly similar. It's like how all stealth jets kinda look the same, it's demanded by physics and engineering not necessarily imitation.

I'm quite confident that Iran has acquired Javelins by now, either through Ukraine or Syria so I'm somewhat bullish on a successor to the Saeghe 1/2 (M47 copy) appearing sometime soon. But doesn't Iran already have a Javelin equivalent with Almas (Spike copy)? To reiterate, I'm fairly confident that Iran has acquired them but is there much of a point when Iran already has Almas? Parallel programs seem to be an unfortunate feature of Iran's MIC so I wouldn't be surprised if a copy turns up.

przekazane-ukrainie-drony-phoenix-ghost-maja-bazowac-na-dronach-switchblade

Probably guessed wrong.

Iran’s prototypes Predates Ukraine conflict by many years.

If Iran acquired it, would be thru Syrian civil war, Iraq, or Afghanistan conflicts. Black market purchase cannot be discounted either.

Not a difficult drone to build. It’s building the supply chain for it and mass production lines that’s the real challenge.

Can someone recap about Iranian tank arsenal?

So are they concentrating on mass producing Karrar? Does anyone got the official specs of it? (not speculations from jewish western think tanks), i've read it took the T-72 hull and the same 2A46 howitzer

Tbh when i saw the Iran military exercise with Type-69 and T-55 i was a little surprised they still maintain these

For speculation, how would the Karrar perform against Challengers, Leclerc or Abrams? Thats the thing irritating is that it uses T-72 components and howitzer, from what we see in Ukraine the T-72 are litteral canonfodders and they are most advanced than T-72S Iran got.

So if Karrar mass production takes 5 to 10 years, Iran will be forced to abandon or completely change the project right? It would still be imo unacceptable seeing Iran with T-72s in a decade still

Last question does Iran have the capabilities to make their own tank howitzer and hull? I was looking at the last gen Chinese ZTZ and Pakistan Al Khalid tank, even i do not know precisely their capabilities, they got their homemade howitzers and hulls as well for the coop tank so i was wondering if in the future Iran could make its own tank and howitzer without using soviet tanks parts or maybe make a coop project with Russia like China-Pakistan Al Khalid?
Yes, they are concentrating on mass producing Karrar. It being based on T-72S/B isn't bad, as it's just the hull which is adequate enough. Extra ammo is stored in a bustle with blowout panels, which decreases chance of ammo cook off and turret flying. Biggest problem is it's not known if Iran has anything more advanced than 3BM42 for ammo, which can't penetrate frontal turret of those tanks

The gun (howitzer as you call it) is made in Iran, under name HM50. Hull for T-72 is also made in Iran. Biggest reason for no new hull is cost & suitable powerplant

Also in regards to T-55 at exercises, no one knows what unit they belong to but it's speculated they're for Basij.

Yes, they are concentrating on mass producing Karrar. It being based on T-72S/B isn't bad, as it's just the hull which is adequate enough. Extra ammo is stored in a bustle with blowout panels, which decreases chance of ammo cook off and turret flying. Biggest problem is it's not known if Iran has anything more advanced than 3BM42 for ammo, which can't penetrate frontal turret of those tanks

The gun (howitzer as you call it) is made in Iran, under name HM50. Hull for T-72 is also made in Iran. Biggest reason for no new hull is cost & suitable powerplant

Also in regards to T-55 at exercises, no one knows what unit they belong to but it's speculated they're for Basij.
You say extra ammo. If it still retains the same auto loader as the Russian design, then the Iranians have a flawed tank especially against modern ATGMs.

Back
Top Bottom