What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

You say extra ammo. If it still retains the same auto loader as the Russian design, then the Iranians have a flawed tank especially against modern ATGMs.

Auto loader in T-90 is different than T-72. And the cook off top was due to lack of blow out panels which T-90 added.

T-90’s cook off at much lower rate than older Soviet tanks.

It’s still a much cheaper tank then a modern design like Armata which costs up to 3x more.

ahBFL9L.jpg

Almas-1 ATGM
975rKOI.jpg

Touphan-5 ATGM

Satellite image of Isfahan,same date...one place,almost 200 helicopters can be seen,...this is just one base of IRIAA..now add other IRIAA bases(IRIAA is largest helicopter operator in Iran military,more than 300 alone),than add Navy(around 40-50 helicopters),IRGC operate almost 80...IRIAF also has some...Police...

Attachments

• 2022_11_02_19.17.26.jpg
    2022_11_02_19.17.26.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 36
  • 2022_11_02_19.17.16.jpg
    2022_11_02_19.17.16.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 2022_11_02_19.16.51.jpg
    2022_11_02_19.16.51.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 32
Satellite image of Isfahan,same date...one place,almost 200 helicopters can be seen,...this is just one base of IRIAA..now add other IRIAA bases(IRIAA is largest helicopter operator in Iran military,more than 300 alone),than add Navy(around 40-50 helicopters),IRGC operate almost 80...IRIAF also has some...Police...
Yes everyone knows iran has a helicopters in quantity, doesn’t mean quality, chinooks are 50 years old, even with maintenance and upgrades way past their service life, same goes with most of their helicopters. Iran is still a decade or longer producing attack helicopters and transport helicopters and not talking about one off projects you never hear about again, I like the ka 52 personally but here’s the question Russia buying weapons from Iran, but why isn’t Russia selling or why isn’t Iran buying. It really is confusing Russia is buying weapons from Iran, but Russia is either not selling or Iran isn’t buying for whatever reason.

Yes everyone knows iran has a helicopters in quantity, doesn’t mean quality, chinooks are 50 years old, even with maintenance and upgrades way past their service life, same goes with most of their helicopters. Iran is still a decade or longer producing attack helicopters and transport helicopters and not talking about one off projects you never hear about again, I like the ka 52 personally but here’s the question Russia buying weapons from Iran, but why isn’t Russia selling or why isn’t Iran buying. It really is confusing Russia is buying weapons from Iran, but Russia is either not selling or Iran isn’t buying for whatever reason.
Iran couldo also take a look at China Z-10 for ground forces CAS or Z-19 attack helicopters, Z-19 could replace the bell helicopter in the landing deck for IRGC Navy, Ka-52 would suit very well with the ground forces as a scout and attack helicopters or Mi28NE, in a scenario of war against Ailyev it would be needed here

i question on IRIAF forum if any Shahed-285 were made, i don't see any information about them produced and everytime what we see in excercize are the Supercobra with hydras

Z-10, Ka-52 have plenty option of missiles, air air missiles and also anti radiation missiles

Iran couldo also take a look at China Z-10 for ground forces CAS or Z-19 attack helicopters, Z-19 could replace the bell helicopter in the landing deck for IRGC Navy, Ka-52 would suit very well with the ground forces as a scout and attack helicopters or Mi28NE, in a scenario of war against Ailyev it would be needed here

i question on IRIAF forum if any Shahed-285 were made, i don't see any information about them produced and everytime what we see in excercize are the Supercobra with hydras

Z-10, Ka-52 have plenty option of missiles, air air missiles and also anti radiation missiles
Shahed 285 was just another project that never went anywhere as far as I can tell, they’ve done a great job of upgrading the cobras but again 50 plus weapons systems no matter the upgrades, I honestly like the Chinese made weapons but the Chinese seem to put a lot of strings attached to their systems, the Chinese don’t care about money they care what benefits them in the long run.

Iran couldo also take a look at China Z-10 for ground forces CAS or Z-19 attack helicopters, Z-19 could replace the bell helicopter in the landing deck for IRGC Navy
But the question is whether China will sell to Iran - i worry China won't. The main motivation i feel for China not selling some weapons to Iran, or Russia, is preservation of its important economic ties - China is a HUge country with a huge economy and that comes with huge obligations, even to countries and peoples China doesnt like or like to work with. China seems to transfer tech to Iran i think, physical inventory comes with high risk (low or no privacy from prying eyes of foreign intelligence agencies) for China probably, so probably better to export tech staff, technology, and machinery to Iran, and work with or allow Iranians to produce the required military equipment.

Auto loader in T-90 is different than T-72. And the cook off top was due to lack of blow out panels which T-90 added.

T-90’s cook off at much lower rate than older Soviet tanks.

It’s still a much cheaper tank then a modern design like Armata which costs up to 3x more.
Not much different at all. The T90 is just another designation of the T72 because of what happened during the Gulf War 1. They still retain the same auto loader method just armored around the carousel while just more ammo added in the turret rear bustle in the T90M variant. Whether its still better or not is the question. I mean its a good design if they just had autoloader from the rear separate compartment like you see in the Leclerc or K2 Panther tanks. The T-95 Black Eagle looked promising.

xn4u2sm1e8c61.jpg

T90 T90A T90M
rppzlq1b51751.jpg

Not much different at all. The T90 is just another designation of the T72 because of what happened during the Gulf War 1. They still retain the same auto loader method just armored around the carousel while just more ammo added in the turret rear bustle in the T90M variant. Whether its still better or not is the question. I mean its a good design if they just had autoloader from the rear separate compartment like you see in the Leclerc or K2 Panther tanks. The T-95 Black Eagle looked promising.

xn4u2sm1e8c61.jpg

T90 T90A T90M
rppzlq1b51751.jpg
View attachment 892349
The new armata tank, I think this has covered most previous problems of the t 90, but I think honestly from all the wars of late heavy armor is starting to take a back seat to faster more mobile vehicles that are heavily armed, 8anti tank launchers
1667438119408.jpeg

View attachment 892349
The new armata tank, I think this has covered most previous problems of the t 90, but I think honestly from all the wars of late heavy armor is starting to take a back seat to faster more mobile vehicles that are heavily armed, 8anti tank launchers
View attachment 892354
I wouldn't say the tanks are obsolete even with ATGMS whether man portable or on vehicles. You don't send the vehicles like these to face the brunt of direct assault on positions you want to take. Hence you see Russians and Ukrainians trying to get more tanks into the war theater. Otherwise it be trainloads of lighter vehicles with ATGMs we be seeing only.

Iran does not need to look at a country’s weapons systems that hasn’t been at war for …huh.

China’s alliance with Iran is economic and tech. Anything military of value will probably be more advantageous to China.

I wouldn't say the tanks are obsolete even with ATGMS whether man portable or on vehicles. You don't send the vehicles like these to face the brunt of direct assault on positions you want to take. Hence you see Russians and Ukrainians trying to get more tanks into the war theater. Otherwise it be trainloads of lighter vehicles with ATGMs we be seeing only.
Yeah my only point is the cost of these systems have become out of reach by most countries standards 4 to 10 million dollars isn’t chump change even for developed countries, so having a vehicle that can travel faster with the same lethal firepower, if you have a system that can target that tank first send off 8 rounds at it simultaneously, most countries these days are purchasing mraps that are heavily armored they can’t afford the 5 to 10 million dollar price tag add munitions cost of maintenance not realistic for third world nations.

Tell me how many tanks does Iran have in total, i am betting half of them are T-62 or T-55/Type-69, this is probably the same for the helicopter fleet, 200 helicopter are cool, but if 80% of them are obsolete and at risk of malfunction and crash at anytime then it means nothing

Iran still rely on Chinhook for transport, why not buy Mi-26? How many CHs crashed due to malfunction in the past decades? Even China uses Mi-26, it's time to change

For attack and scout helicopters Iran rely on Mi-171Sh with rocket pods and Cobras at risk of crash for technical reasons at all times, maintaining them at high cost, forced to get parts on black markets

Iran could only modernize and make fully operational its helicopter fleet and transport/lifting by getting:

-Mi-26, transport, lift versions
- Ka-52 to replace Mi-171sh, or Mi-28NE and Ka-52 and remove completely the Cobras and Mi-171sh

For people wanting 100% indigenous, does Iran have the capability to produce it's own helicopters? Does it have the engines? I'm not talking about modernizing the cobras but making them

In a supposed war scenario against Azerbaijan republic, what Iran have currently for CAS beside these cobras and Mi-171sh? Su-22 crashing all time?

Tell me how many tanks does Iran have in total, i am betting half of them are T-62 or T-55/Type-69, this is probably the same for the helicopter fleet, 200 helicopter are cool, but if 80% of them are obsolete and at risk of malfunction and crash at anytime then it means nothing

Iran still rely on Chinhook for transport, why not buy Mi-26? How many CHs crashed due to malfunction in the past decades? Even China uses Mi-26, it's time to change

For attack and scout helicopters Iran rely on Mi-171Sh with rocket pods and Cobras at risk of crash for technical reasons at all times, maintaining them at high cost, forced to get parts on black markets

Iran could only modernize and make fully operational its helicopter fleet and transport/lifting by getting:

-Mi-26, transport, lift versions
- Ka-52 to replace Mi-171sh, or Mi-28NE and Ka-52 and remove completely the Cobras and Mi-171sh

For people wanting 100% indigenous, does Iran have the capability to produce it's own helicopters? Does it have the engines? I'm not talking about modernizing the cobras but making them

In a supposed war scenario against Azerbaijan republic, what Iran have currently for CAS beside these cobras and Mi-171sh? Su-22 crashing all time?
'How many tanks'? Is this 1942? Wrong question.

Back
Top Bottom