What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

It is losing this war because in typical battles it is outnumbered at least 5 to 1. When they lost most of Kharkiv province they were outnumbered 8 to 1.

Basic military school training teaches you, invading force needs to outnumber 3 to 1! Russia is basically violating some of the basic rules of warfare.

So if it is true, then why does the ukrain attack was stopped when they had, as you said, a 5:1 and in some regions a 8:1 ratio? What does these "military school training basics" hide from us, do not tell us?

I think our price is better ... Maybe they want Dehlavie too
and also inventory. WHen people say "Russia has enough inventory of antitank missiles", well how do they know that? Because we know RUssia is using up its anti-tank inventory, so if Iranian Dehlavie is cheaper and as effective, that could make it an attractive military purchase for Russia, which is in an active war.

and also inventory. WHen people say "Russia has enough inventory of antitank missiles", well how do they know that? Because we know RUssia is using up its anti-tank inventory, so if Iranian Dehlavie is cheaper and as effective, that could make it an attractive military purchase for Russia, which is in an active war.
Still don’t buy the argument, they’ve been making them for over a decade sell them to dozens of countries so I think the cost is relatively low and they make money off of it and anti tank missile,again I’m no engineer, but relatively easier to produce in large quantities. Isllander versus fateh I can see why they would buy that anti tank rounds they can produce in house I don’t buy that.

Last edited:
So if it is true, then why does the ukrain attack was stopped when they had, as you said, a 5:1 and in some regions a 8:1 ratio? What does these "military school training basics" hide from us, do not tell us?

Because you have to build up supply lines and regroup and secure overtaken land. This isn’t 1920, with satellites above and drones one wrong move and you loose 1000 men.

Just look at the result. Russia went from being 15KM from Kiev to being kicked out of Kharkiv and rumors are they may abandon Kherson too. Their supply lines have been hit, their forward bases have been hit.

One nation is under full mobilization (Ukraine) and the other (Russia) is acting like it’s going to war with rag tag terrorists, not a nation state.

One nation is under full mobilization (Ukraine) and the other (Russia) is acting like it’s going to war with rag tag terrorists, not a nation state.
If this is true, so why is the ukrain attack with, as you said, a ratio from 5:1 and in some regions 8:1 for ukrain, stopped and at some places reversed? Is there something mentioned about it in the, from you cited, "military school training basics" why this is? Something doesnt add up if the one part needs 3:1 to invade but the other part cant defend with 5:1 or even 8:1.

Russia has tons of anti tank missiles. Plus it needs anti personnel and anti area denial weapons like missiles, rockets, mines, PGMs to reduce enemy troop count.

It is losing this war because in typical battles it is outnumbered at least 5 to 1. When they lost most of Kharkiv province they were outnumbered 8 to 1.

Basic military school training teaches you, invading force needs to outnumber 3 to 1! Russia is basically violating some of the basic rules of warfare.
for that role they need something like fragmentation warhead Toofan-6 or Thermobaric Toofan-4.
wonder if is it possible to put a thermobaric warhead in Toofan-3 to be used against trenches which are becoming so popular in recent years

I want to say something to you about this war RESPECFULLY - Your analysis is missing a BIG part thats relevant- NATo support for Ukraine.

We all have to understand that NO country on earth will have an easy war against an opponent that NATO is fully supporting, PERIOD, not even China, and Russia has facing NATO and Ukraine without the full country being in full war mode, so i dont think the results of the war so far are only because "Russia didnt do well in the war" - thats oversimplification, which harbors assumptions and misunderstanding of the complexity and nature of the conflict.

Buut on some good news, pro Ukraine post son the Ukraine war thread on PDF are down now, you can tell- the denazification of the Ukraine energy systems and infrastructure has knocked the wind out of Ukraine, so much so that US had to send a measily 5K troops to the Ukraine border.

It only gets worse for Ukraine from here on..

I want to say something to you about this war RESPECFULLY - Your analysis is missing a BIG part thats relevant- NATo support for Ukraine.

That doesn’t make what I said untrue. In fact it shows Russian incompetence. They assumed Ukraine would fold like a set of lawn chairs. Their military brass did not take into account how much support NATO was willing to give Ukraine.

Clearly Russia learned nothing from Iran-Iraq and how the West & Arabs went to great lengths to force Iran into a stalemate. Ironic considering Russia was helping both sides in that war at the time.

The same playbook is being used now against Russia. Russia is being forced into a stalemate situation and in the process losing valuable equipment and men.

Considering that Russian tank shell tech is outdated the front turret is still adequately protected after all these years.

Russian tanks have to be closer to get good penetration while western tank like Abrams can penetrate from further away thus less risk of front hull compromising from direct hit.
Current Russian APFSDS can penetrate M1A2 frontal turret easily from 2-3km. Also, you'll rarely see tank battles happening beyond 2km, and even then it'll probably almost never be beyond 3km

Showing rusty equipment as a threat. Azerbaijan is obviously not scared of your useless 1940 army.
Azeris don't have an air force, and their air defense force is hilariously small. An Iranian invasion wouldn't need more than a month to take the country. And even then, a war would likely only be one to defend Armenia

Azerbaijani have bigger brains and they are more courageous than Iran, they also have more muscles

Like Sun Tzu said: "One warrior can easily win a war with his brain and courage only as a weapon"

They could easily repel an Iranian attack and do what they did to Armenians
Azeris lack any of those lmao. A war would make the 1991 Gulf war look like a joke in comparison. Azeri military is completely focused around fighting a foe like Armenia, not a nation like Iran

Those TOW copies are soon going in history.With Dehlavie and Almas in production it's hard to imagine any use for them except to stay in reserve units.
Not to mention with all the Javelins captured in Ukraine and middle East(as well as Chinese made versions) it's probably a matter of time before we see an Iranian version of that as well,or some Almas,smaller,shoulder launched version.
Almas is copy of Spike. And Spike is a better system to Javelin. It has superior attack arc (important against APS), and man in the loop capabilities. No need to copy Javelin. Also Dehlavieh seems to have basically entirely replaced Toophan in IRGC active duty units.

Iran could sell the Dehlavie and Almas to Russia?
Dehlavieh is copy of Russian Kornet. Russia has no shortage of Kornet. Plus Konkurs-M is enough for Ukrainian tanks, even ones with Nozh. I could see Russian production of Almas though

https://****/iran_defense/37?single

Good to see that soldiers conducting security in the country basically all get body armour. Would love if someone could give more info on the vests
Screenshot_20221026-105950~2.png
Screenshot_20221026-105324~2.png

Can someone recap about Iranian tank arsenal?

So are they concentrating on mass producing Karrar? Does anyone got the official specs of it? (not speculations from jewish western think tanks), i've read it took the T-72 hull and the same 2A46 howitzer

Tbh when i saw the Iran military exercise with Type-69 and T-55 i was a little surprised they still maintain these

For speculation, how would the Karrar perform against Challengers, Leclerc or Abrams? Thats the thing irritating is that it uses T-72 components and howitzer, from what we see in Ukraine the T-72 are litteral canonfodders and they are most advanced than T-72S Iran got.

So if Karrar mass production takes 5 to 10 years, Iran will be forced to abandon or completely change the project right? It would still be imo unacceptable seeing Iran with T-72s in a decade still

Last question does Iran have the capabilities to make their own tank howitzer and hull? I was looking at the last gen Chinese ZTZ and Pakistan Al Khalid tank, even i do not know precisely their capabilities, they got their homemade howitzers and hulls as well for the coop tank so i was wondering if in the future Iran could make its own tank and howitzer without using soviet tanks parts or maybe make a coop project with Russia like China-Pakistan Al Khalid?

Can someone recap about Iranian tank arsenal?

So are they concentrating on mass producing Karrar? Does anyone got the official specs of it? (not speculations from jewish western think tanks), i've read it took the T-72 hull and the same 2A46 howitzer

Tbh when i saw the Iran military exercise with Type-69 and T-55 i was a little surprised they still maintain these

For speculation, how would the Karrar perform against Challengers, Leclerc or Abrams? Thats the thing irritating is that it uses T-72 components and howitzer, from what we see in Ukraine the T-72 are litteral canonfodders and they are most advanced than T-72S Iran got.

So if Karrar mass production takes 5 to 10 years, Iran will be forced to abandon or completely change the project right? It would still be imo unacceptable seeing Iran with T-72s in a decade still

Last question does Iran have the capabilities to make their own tank howitzer and hull? I was looking at the last gen Chinese ZTZ and Pakistan Al Khalid tank, even i do not know precisely their capabilities, they got their homemade howitzers and hulls as well for the coop tank so i was wondering if in the future Iran could make its own tank and howitzer without using soviet tanks parts or maybe make a coop project with Russia like China-Pakistan Al Khalid?
As far as everyone knows about karrar, unless I’m wrong it’s a massive upgrade of t 72 tank to something like a t 90 and may eventually lead to a homegrown tank, I actually liked the zolifqar tank.but I don’t think anything came out of that,it looked nice and professional the last variant but 20 plus years nothing from that.
1666901260942.jpeg

As far as everyone knows about karrar, unless I’m wrong it’s a massive upgrade of t 72 tank to something like a t 90 and may eventually lead to a homegrown tank, I actually liked the zolifqar tank.but I don’t think anything came out of that,it looked nice and professional the last variant but 20 plus years nothing from that.
View attachment 889861
According to Mr. Azarmehr's discussions on MehrAein, Zolfiqar project evolved into Karrar. There were some units of Zolfiqar built but the powerplant at the time was not adequate. I thought they were competitors but it turns out one lead to the other.

It took Azerbaijan along with Turkey months to overwhelm a few thousand rag-tag Armenian militia men who barely had any weapons (1950s & 1960s old junk) but light & medium iron-junk which were mostly out of commission or dysfunctional due to lack of maintenance and repair. So how could your Azerbaijani mighty army with Turkish brains, which is an oxymoron defeat Iran? I don't think your IQ could comprehend the concept or war with Iran even if lowly Turkey sides with you 100%. Both of you will be dismantled and returned to pre-historic age in a short order.

The proverb, Loose lips sink ships, is very fitting to describe Azerbaijani regime since they seem to have a big mouth, with toxic delusional tendencies.

If Iran ever decides to spank you and your fat brainless dictator for impoliteness, you won't even feel time nor space as your mini country will cease to exists within 72 hours flat, and you will be riding your poor Donkey out of your stinky village or town never to return.

The funny part of your bravado is quite telling:
"Azerbaijani have bigger brains and they are more courageous than Iran, they also have more muscles." Frankly speaking, none of these attributes could apply to your people or the Turks in general since you're the most retarded creed, certified low IQ, very unhealthy looking population, and never known for bravery throughout history. A little lowly Armenia captured a huge junk of your country for almost three decades, so were was your bravery?

Furthermore, Armenia has a GDP of less than 14 billion compare to Azerbaijan's 50 billion GDP. This very small country with a population of less than 3 millions compare to Azerbaijan 10.5 million conquered you for three decades, and you still think you're brave and smart too, and pretend to know how to read and write, and quoting Sun Tzu, as well. Wow, I never knew an Azeri could even understand the content of Art of War, because they cannot. It's very comical especially coming from a Turk, even though Azeris are not Turks (you're considered hybrids) but since you think you are a Turk so be it, good for you.

Well the numbers show how brave you are. A little backward Armenia smacked you and captured your land for over 30 years, and you are still considered smart and brave. By which standards you came to this appalling thought?

You're delusional and sick. You better see a doctor and get some medicine to stop your hallucination . .
Baa dorood bar shomaa, khoob paasokh be in maadar be khataa, roosbi zaadeh daadi.

Back
Top Bottom