What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Looks like Iran managed to reverse engineer Switchblade drone given to Ukraine.
The transport/launch canisters for these were quietly shown off a couple of years back.
media%2FFfc9mS-XwCw8mbP.jpg
1610224330967.png

Likely have been around for years and is just being announced now.

the switchblade - 300 was produced in 2011 and used by USA in Afghanistan so my guess is that's where the origin of this drone come not Ukraine

The transport/launch canisters for these were quietly shown off a couple of years back.
media%2FFfc9mS-XwCw8mbP.jpg
View attachment 887856
my guess is war in Afghanistan , we probably get our hand on it then

the switchblade - 300 was produced in 2011 and used by USA in Afghanistan so my guess is that's where the origin of this drone come not Ukraine

Well at least that’s sounds at least highly plausible doesn’t also mean they couldn’t have built it themselves, but I like @Hack-Hook assumption the best

I didn’t say they got it from Ukraine.

I said the Switchblade drone given to Ukraine.

Iran has a history of copying US drones

Including Predator (Gaza and Kaman-22), Scan Eagle (Yasir), and RQ-170 (S-171 and various derivatives) there’s probably a couple more of less common ones that are mostly used for short range surveillance that I’m forgetting.

Switchblade has been around for over a decade and used in various conflicts that Iran or it’s surrogates have access too.

Tanks normally get hit from the front. Hence why DU is stacked in the front turret area.

If a tank gets hit from the side or rear it failed tactic wise and operational awareness wise.

Furthermore, US tanks with DU armour shells and more powerful turret can engage Soviet tanks at a longer distance. This is a known short coming of Soviet doctrine that prioritized quantity over quality.
Yes, front turret is most important, but UFP (front hull) is also important, especially considering on Abrams there's been nothing but a 38mm steel plate added as armour over it's history

Soviet doctrine had nothing to do with low quality & high quantity. Infact the Object 187 destined to enter service if the USSR didn't collapse was an amazing tank.

New next gen Abrams X tank looks promising. It has a fully automated turret, just like the Armata.

Won't enter service. Only tech demonstrator

FYI, this is just a promotional video from before. Actual videos have no come out yet.

The areas of excerse are much more green and less desert like
This is from Artesh exercises like a month ago

Core
To be honest at 0:24 i thought they were Type 69 tanks or T-55/T-62s from the Iraq war
Correct they're T-55s. However they belong to the Basij not the IRGC-GF & are likely used in indirect fire roles

According to this tweet and thoes photo this account shared we had this suicide drone in hands of development years ago
He's right, here's another pic

Attachments

• 13991118173943585221804610.jpg
    13991118173943585221804610.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Looks more like Coyote than switchblade. Tons of both were captured in Syria due to not detonating

I didn’t say they got it from Ukraine.

I said the Switchblade drone given to Ukraine.

Iran has a history of copying US drones

Including Predator (Gaza and Kaman-22), Scan Eagle (Yasir), and RQ-170 (S-171 and various derivatives) there’s probably a couple more of less common ones that are mostly used for short range surveillance that I’m forgetting.

Switchblade has been around for over a decade and used in various conflicts that Iran or it’s surrogates have access too.
while your point is right, Gaza & Kaman-22 don't appear to be copies

Shaffaf TV is one the best political/military analysts

🇮🇷🇮🇷

I highly recommend to watch his videos on telegram or youtube:

🇮🇷🇮🇷🇮🇷😍

Yes, front turret is most important, but UFP (front hull) is also important, especially considering on Abrams there's been nothing but a 38mm steel plate added as armour over it's history

Soviet doctrine had nothing to do with low quality & high quantity. Infact the Object 187 destined to enter service if the USSR didn't collapse was an amazing tank.

Considering that Russian tank shell tech is outdated the front turret is still adequately protected after all these years.

Russian tanks have to be closer to get good penetration while western tank like Abrams can penetrate from further away thus less risk of front hull compromising from direct hit.

Showing rusty equipment as a threat. Azerbaijan is obviously not scared of your useless 1940 army.
that rusty equipment is a pontoon bridge very effective at the iran-iraq war one put in place over karoon river to be used for transferring army equipment over the river , the city official decided to use it also for civillian use and despite repeated bombing by Iraq airforce , they could not close it in the 4-5 year that it was used during the war . the funny part is after the war the bridge was used for civilian use for several year and despite several other bridge was made over karoon, the bridge was so reliable that the city official didn't let army collect that two lane bridge .
by the way over aras probably we can erect that type of bridges in less than 1 hours

Back
Top Bottom