What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

as i said , the problem is in Air Force not Army aviation . the army aviation as far as i care can use drones for the attack against enemy in battle field .
for air force what i'm against is buying for the sake of buying something , Su-35 can't change anything in battle field compared to our neighbors or any nato members . its radar and E-warfare system is simply are not up to the task.
even Kowsar is not be able to do the task , but there is a difference here , by buying su-35 we learn nothing , instead of buying that 3-4 squadron of su-35 we can do our route , invest of Kowsar . by doing that we gain experience in managing the production line for domestic airplanes , we build the base industry that can be used in nesxt generation of kowsar and we build a force that can replace must of our circus airplanes and later actually can be used as potent platform for advanced trainer when we built the next generation kowsar in 5-6 year after domestic turbofan engine become ready .

and again 2-3 day ago Sardar Salami commander in chief of IRGC reiterated what i say here , "We want to protect our country with our own weapon"

Sardar Salami commander in chief of IRGC reiterated what i say here , "We want to protect our country with our own weapon"
We all understand, you want Iran to do everything by itself no matter the time it would take

But here's my questions, you also talked of Shahed-285 in the IRIAF section:

-How many Kowsars have been produced?
-Did Iran officially talked about the upgraded Kowsars ("Kowsar II") and the production line?
-How many Shahed-285 helicopters have been produced?
-How many Bavar have been produced, if estimation, is there OSINT satellite photos of Bavar sites operational?
-Did Iran communicate about advanced Bavar? In 2020, Iran said that the new Bavar would be unveiled in 2 years (so 2022 i assume)

Also in the recent strikes on Komala group, we heard that Cobras participated in the attacks, but i didn't saw any video of Cobras in action

What is the longest range ammunition current Cobras can carry? Vikhr has 12km range, you told me that Russian ammunition doesn't have anything belong 5km range, LMUR have 15km range and is proposed for export https://defence-blog.com/russia-to-arm-mi-28nm-helicopter-with-long-range-cruise-missile/ https://tass.com/defense/1166749 https://tass.com/defense/1066655

We all understand, you want Iran to do everything by itself no matter the time it would take

-Did Iran officially talked about the upgraded Kowsars ("Kowsar II") and the production line?
-How many Bavar have been produced, if estimation, is there OSINT satellite photos of Bavar sites operational?
-Did Iran communicate about advanced Bavar? In 2020, Iran said that the new Bavar would be unveiled in 2 years (so 2022 i assume)

Also in the recent strikes on Komala group, we heard that Cobras participated in the attacks, but i didn't saw any video of Cobras in action

What is the longest range ammunition current Cobras can carry? Vikhr has 12km range, you told me that Russian ammunition doesn't have anything belong 5km range, LMUR have 15km range and is proposed for export https://defence-blog.com/russia-to-arm-mi-28nm-helicopter-with-long-range-cruise-missile/ https://tass.com/defense/1166749 https://tass.com/defense/1066655
Irrelevant. Iran is a tech leader on various types of arms. Self-sufficiency is key particularly in arms. Any rational person understands that.

Irrelevant. Iran is a tech leader on various types of arms. Self-sufficiency is key particularly in arms. Any rational person understands that.

Yes in theory, but Iran isnt US, Russia or China. Even developed countries have hybrid strategy of procuring military hardware externally as well as doing what they can internally. You need to manage your expectations.

I understand this but that's not my point of saying Iran can't make anything by itself, it has been already shown, this isn't what I'm trying to say to him, first i just wanted to know how many Kowsars and Shahed-285 have been made, Iran is still stuck by the obstacle of having an indigenous engine for aircrafts

Iran cannot make 10 destroyers and 10 cruisers + 50 aircrafts and 30 air defense batteries per year like China or USA

The aircrafts, he is talking about the "excepted Kowsars" new generations in 5 years or one decade and Shahed-285 helicopters, and this is the problem, Iran needs to have something while waiting for these projects to flower, i find nothing about Kowsar beside 2018 articles and even less about Shahed-285, it is said Iran has a 200 helicopter fleet, but how many of them are usable in a real situation and fully functional? I doubt the whole 200 fleet, Iran needs to arrange and sort its helicopter fleet, buying lift and transport ones to complement the CH, new attack helicopters such as Ka-52 to complement the Cobra fleet

This is what he doesn't understand, when i was telling Iran would benefit from S-500s, i never say that Iran will not be able to produce something comparable to it, but that S-400/S-500 is beneficial for complementing the air defense layers, this is the same for helicopters and fighters, the only difference between aircrafts and SAM systems for Iran, is that Iran doesn't have the technology and some parts to produce decent aircrafts, but has them for SAM systems and this has been shown

it answered two kowsar saw flying in last war game , about 12 seen in production , and i'm aware of order for two squadron maybe there is more i don't know
Did Iran officially talked about the upgraded Kowsars ("Kowsar II") and the production line?
there is no production line for that as the engine is not ready and they said it will be ready between sometime after 2025 and yes there was talk about it
Don't knew in 2019 Shahed industry announced they built one and handed over the design for mass production to HESA In 2020 there was report of 6-10 shahed-285
How many Bavar have been produced, if estimation, is there OSINT satellite photos of Bavar sites operational?
1 Is produced
Did Iran communicate about advanced Bavar? In 2020, Iran said that the new Bavar would be unveiled in 2 years (so 2022 i assume)
Iran very actively stated it advance bavar and just this month announced the range of its missile increased from 200 to 300 and announced very soon will show the new system
as far as I'm aware , drones and missile

Shafaq Missile announced with 20km+ range (don't mistake it with Shafaq Rocket) its seen on Toofan-1 and bell-206
also we have this on shahed-285c
photo_2018-10-17_12-32-26-1030x572.jpg

and shahed-285b uses sadid-3
photo_2018-10-17_14-07-17.jpg

photo_2018-10-17_14-15-24.jpg

don't knew the exact range but when they were talked about sadid missile on Shahed-129 uav they were talking about 20km (again sadid missile not sadid bomb)

also we have a 30km range missile called akhgar which can be installed on the helicopters

Last edited:
This forum is very painful to read!

For the Kowsar, it is less 36 built planes and currently building. The S-300 PMU 2 Improving the S-300 IR is very close to the S-400. Iran does not need S-400 and S-500.

Many helicopter is upgraded to launch missiles and other novelty will soon arrive. It was said this week that great uprises arrives for Air Defense systems in the coming days. The helicopter engine are produced in Iran

Iran produces their own aircraft engine for the Kowsar and engine of the new heavy jet is almost ready and already using.

Lots of stupidity say this here on the SU-35, it's incredible!

This forum is very painful to read!

For the Kowsar, it is less 36 built planes and currently building. The S-300 PMU 2 Improving the S-300 IR is very close to the S-400. Iran does not need S-400 and S-500.

Many helicopter is upgraded to launch missiles and other novelty will soon arrive. It was said this week that great uprises arrives for Air Defense systems in the coming days. The helicopter engine are produced in Iran

Iran produces their own aircraft engine for the Kowsar and engine of the new heavy jet is almost ready and already using.

Lots of stupidity say this here on the SU-35, it's incredible!

For the Kowsar, it is less 36 built planes and currently building
Can i ask for just a source for that claim?

own aircraft engine for the Kowsar
Are you talking about the reversed J85 owj?

and engine of the new heavy jet is almost ready and already using.
Which "heavy jet"?

Is this sarcasm or what, and you're going to tell me that Qaher is in current production and can compete with the F-35 right?

It was said this week that great uprises arrives for Air Defense systems in the coming days.
If you are not trolling then we're all waiting for it, the new Bavar that was said to be revealed 2 years ago in 2 years should be at this moment

The aircrafts, he is talking about the "excepted Kowsars" new generations in 5 years or one decade and Shahed-285 helicopters, and this is the problem, Iran needs to have something while waiting for these projects to flower, i find nothing about Kowsar beside 2018 articles and even less about Shahed-285, it is said Iran has a 200 helicopter fleet, but how many of them are usable in a real situation and fully functional? I doubt the whole 200 fleet, Iran needs to arrange and sort its helicopter fleet, buying lift and transport ones to complement the CH, new attack helicopters such as Ka-52 to complement the Cobra fleet
who gave you that 200 number
according to wikipedia there is 43 x shahed-285 67x tofan I/II which im certain there are ready for operation.
there is arond 50 x PANHA 2091 which i don't know how much battle ready they are
there is 30x shaheed 274 and 13 x shahed - 278 , there is 70+ x mil-17, 24 x bell 206, 50+ bell-212 and 70x bell-214 and 30-40 ch-47

kowsar use afterburning version of owj and yasin non afterburning version of owj

Which "heavy jet"?

Is this sarcasm or what, and you're going to tell me that Qaher is in current production and can compete with the F-35 right?
heavy turbofan engine to be used in next generation of kowsar , not heavy jet

Which "heavy jet"?

If you are not trolling then we're all waiting for it, the new Bavar that was said to be revealed 2 years ago in 2 years should be at this moment
Yeah kind of obvious he’s just messing with people, his comments are overly exaggerating the capabilities of Iran I’m sure a few people are biting on to what he says but I don’t think those few get sarcasm. You just have to read his posts honestly in my head I have the voice of Gollum from the Lord of the Rings, the creature that say my precious.

Last edited:
I understand this but that's not my point of saying Iran can't make anything by itself, it has been already shown, this isn't what I'm trying to say to him, first i just wanted to know how many Kowsars and Shahed-285 have been made, Iran is still stuck by the obstacle of having an indigenous engine for aircrafts

Iran cannot make 10 destroyers and 10 cruisers + 50 aircrafts and 30 air defense batteries per year like China or USA

This is what he doesn't understand, when i was telling Iran would benefit from S-500s, i never say that Iran will not be able to produce something comparable to it, but that S-400/S-500 is beneficial for complementing the air defense layers, this is the same for helicopters and fighters, the only difference between aircrafts and SAM systems for Iran, is that Iran doesn't have the technology and some parts to produce decent aircrafts, but has them for SAM systems and this has been shown
Your response indicates you do not, in fact, understand my post. Please read it again.

it answered two kowsar saw flying in last war game , about 12 seen in production , and i'm aware of order for two squadron maybe there is more i don't know

there is no production line for that as the engine is not ready and they said it will be ready between sometime after 2025 and yes there was talk about it

Don't knew in 2019 Shahed industry announced they built one and handed over the design for mass production to HESA In 2020 there was report of 6-10 shahed-285

1 Is produced

Iran very actively stated it advance bavar and just this month announced the range of its missile increased from 200 to 300 and announced very soon will show the new system

as far as I'm aware , drones and missile

Shafaq Missile announced with 20km+ range (don't mistake it with Shafaq Rocket) its seen on Toofan-1 and bell-206
also we have this on shahed-285c
photo_2018-10-17_12-32-26-1030x572.jpg

and shahed-285b uses sadid-3
photo_2018-10-17_14-07-17.jpg

photo_2018-10-17_14-15-24.jpg

don't knew the exact range but when they were talked about sadid missile on Shahed-129 uav they were talking about 20km (again sadid missile not sadid bomb)

also we have a 30km range missile called akhgar which can be installed on the helicopters
I honestly thought that was the ugliest helicopter I have ever seen just a bell helicopter with some armor and weapons placed on it nothing really original and I remember the original gun was stationary I don’t remember if they fixed that later.

I honestly thought that was the ugliest helicopter I have ever seen just a bell helicopter with some armor and weapons placed on it nothing really original and I remember the original gun was stationary I don’t remember if they fixed that later.
that is not the best helicopter because the pilot had to do the work of the second officer too. about gun i don't think its moving

about its design well from side if you look at it , it look a lot like Bell-206 i think but from front it is not even half as wide as bell-206
58600_1553723861.jpg

that is not the best helicopter because the pilot had to do the work of the second officer too. about gun i don't think its moving

about its design well from side if you look at it , it look a lot like Bell-206 i think but from front it is not even half as wide as bell-206
58600_1553723861.jpg
I mean if they just called it a prototype I could see the future of it, but they said it was finished product, I could maybe see it for patrolling border but a real war not so much.

I mean if they just called it a prototype I could see the future of it, but they said it was finished product, I could maybe see it for patrolling border but a real war not so much.
well that's IRGC for you , the helicopter designed by them for their own use , army aviation is more interested on design based on AH-1J

Which "heavy jet"?

lolll

Hesa builds the Kowsar in groups of 12. They made 12 biplace kowsar and a series of 12 kowsar single -seater which is to be completed and a new series and start, it is their ways of functioning. For the first 24, we have photos and video on that which was presented on this forum of numerous recovery.

The new heavy engine has been introduced in trying on the F-4 SM with a new cell and this will be confirmed later in the future. The photos of the new cell were present on this forum.

Do not worry, Iran always works on Qaher, we will have news soon. For the Bavar, it is present, waiting for the rest which will be present very soon as well as a form of Iranian iron dome with an impressive optics. I still specify with a very impressive optics

I made predictions here and I will not change my idea. For trolls, look in the mirror

Back
Top Bottom