What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

I am quite puzzled you are complaining that Iran is producing the RPG-32 rather than solely producing RPG-7, RPO, RPG-29. Iran has three ground forces (IRGC, Artesh, Basij) they all get equipped differently including special units within each force.

As of this moment we don’t know how many RPO, RPG-29, RPG-32 are being produced and in what quantites. Iran’s vast defense industry produces what ever contracts are assigned by the military branches.
well now that you mentioned it i have problem by Iran producing RPG-29 if we are producing RPG-32

Why? Costs? Seems best to train like you race....
what cost , the concept of uav attack is tied with AI and swarm and for countering a swarm of UAVS , 4 missile won't cut it.

honestly ,Israel and usa how many missile and uav and PGMs in a saturated attack against a base use

what cost , the concept of uav attack is tied with AI and swarm and for countering a swarm of UAVS , 4 missile won't cut it.

honestly ,Israel and usa how many missile and uav and PGMs in a saturated attack against a base use
So why only a few are carried?

majid is for light area point defense. Something that Russia lacked outside of Osa during its invasion.

It’s better as a mobile protection unit of infantry.

For UAV/PGM/Cruise missile swarm that gets thru air defense kill zones and is on track to hit a base Iran would counter with TOR-1M, Skyguard, 9th Dey and in future Iranian Pantsir.

Majid is a low cost solution not ment to be the focal point of any SHORAD, but a supplement. I really think it would excel protecting infantry units and convoys during transport from TB-2 class UAVs

some people are cheap , they want to go for bang for buck in anything,
that's not it- its probably about the vehicle's speed- after shooting u need to shoot and scoot...if ithe vehicle is too heavy it might have to move too slowly...who wants a slower vehicle in war environment than needed?

that's not it- its probably about the vehicle's speed- after shooting u need to shoot and scoot...if ithe vehicle is too heavy it might have to move too slowly...who wants a slower vehicle in war environment than needed?
be assured its not the case, you think what's the weight of each of the missiles with its launcher

majid is for light area point defense. Something that Russia lacked outside of Osa during its invasion.

It’s better as a mobile protection unit of infantry.

For UAV/PGM/Cruise missile swarm that gets thru air defense kill zones and is on track to hit a base Iran would counter with TOR-1M, Skyguard, 9th Dey and in future Iranian Pantsir.

Majid is a low cost solution not ment to be the focal point of any SHORAD, but a supplement. I really think it would excel protecting infantry units and convoys during transport from TB-2 class UAVs
with its 8km of range ,well i have some doubt but 4 missile wont cut it, each Bayraktar carry 4 bomb. this is only feasible if you want to fire one missile per incoming target or the drone operator is a fool and fly over your head , instead of targeting you from 15km away

with its 8km of range ,well i have some doubt but 4 missile wont cut it, each Bayraktar carry 4 bomb. this is only feasible if you want to fire one missile per incoming target or the drone operator is a fool and fly over your head , instead of targeting you from 15km away

Bayraktar doesn’t have radar and Majid using passive detection. So a Majid isn’t as easy to spot from 8KM a way as you think. Quite easy for a drone operator to miss it and get within kill envelope.

Engagement range maybe 8 KM due to missile range, but if that EO/IO system Iran has up to 75KM range, but let’s say 25KM since it might not be top of the line.

Again this is 1st Gen version of a new system. If it is accepted by military we will see a second generation more capable version ie Majid-2 like we saw with Tabas and 3rd Khordad.

Also remember this isn’t Iranian Pantsir. It’s almost like the air defense version of Iranian Safir Jeep is how I look at it. Cheap and good for external conflicts and minor point defense in conjunction with other Majid’s or a more capable system(s) backing it up.

This is more like a more capable replacement for the Misagh-2 pick up version we saw over the years.

1657157700967.jpeg

Bayraktar doesn’t have radar and Majid using passive detection. So a Majid isn’t as easy to spot from 8KM a way as you think. Quite easy for a drone operator to miss it and get within kill envelope.
don't underestimate the power of the optics and if majid don't come with radar then what's this dude
3544036.jpg

Back
Top Bottom