What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

don't underestimate the power of the optics and if majid don't come with radar then what's this dude
3544036.jpg

Don’t underestimate the power of SHORAD since most TB-2’s right now are being shot down by Pantsir and TOR maybe even Osa.

Also Majid doesn’t have to use that radar it can rely on its EO/IO for detection. The kashef 99 radar is optional and can be added to the system or not.

3rd Khordad relied on its EO/IO to passively track Global Hawk before it used a behind the lines radar to fire on it for guidance. Now I don’t know if EO/IO majid uses is same one that one had up to 75KM range they said. But even if Majid uses one with 25KM range, it will be able to spot TB-2 class drones passively. And if Majid is using a camouflage net or using trees as cover, it is not that easy to spot. Yes if it’s standing on flat open plane in the desert then it’s easier of course. Even then operator might mistake it for a regular army pick up truck.

Majid can cover less crucial areas and plug holes or be used in a versatile role for infantry and transport movement protection. It can easily be upgraded to 8 missiles in its current role, I don’t see the need for it at the moment.

Last edited:
Don’t underestimate the power of SHORAD since most TB-2’s right now are being shot down by Pantsir and TOR maybe even Osa.

Also Majid doesn’t have to use that radar it can rely on its EO/IO for detection. The kashef 99 radar is optional and can be added to the system or not.

3rd Khordad relied on its EO/IO to passively track Global Hawk before it used a behind the lines radar to fire on it for guidance. Now I don’t know if EO/IO majid uses is same one that one had up to 75KM range they said. But even if Majid uses one with 25KM range, it will be able to spot TB-2 class drones passively. And if Majid is using a camouflage net or using trees as cover, it is not that easy to spot. Yes if it’s standing on flat open plane in the desert then it’s easier of course. Even then operator might mistake it for a regular army pick up truck.

Majid can cover less crucial areas and plug holes or be used in a versatile role for infantry and transport movement protection. It can easily be upgraded to 8 missiles in its current role, I don’t see the need for it at the moment.

A small difference , Majid is supposed to be used against small target like Harpy or Scan eagle not targets like TB@ which fly above 7km.
third of Khordad used that behemoth of its EO against a Boeing size target 75km away .

and you knew why I see the necessity to equip it with 8 missile right now ? because can you guaranty that for example Afghanistan tomorrow won't attack us? with 30 DJI drone they acquired from AliExpress ?

A small difference , Majid is supposed to be used against small target like Harpy or Scan eagle not targets like TB@ which fly above 7km.

Max altitude and operational altitude are two different things. TB-2 operates within 5KM-6KM or lower, especially when attacking targets. Majid missile has max range 8KM and max altitude of 6KM.

Houthi’s are shooting down Long UAV (Chinese predator clone) with less sophisticated means.

third of Khordad used that behemoth of its EO against a Boeing size target 75km away .

1657287358580.jpeg

Looks about the same size.

Iran tracked RQ-170 back in 2010 tech using EO/IO and not radar.

and you knew why I see the necessity to equip it with 8 missile right now ? because can you guaranty that for example Afghanistan tomorrow won't attack us? with 30 DJI drone they acquired from AliExpress ?

Have you ever operated a DJI drone? I have. They are range limited (less than 1 KM, and 2KM if your really lucky and have no LOS resistance) and time limited (15-30 mins).

So how far could Taliban get with a DJI drone? Barely past the border I would say.

Majid will be a great export product to Iraq, Syria, African countries, South America (Venezuela). Countries that cannot afford large expensive SHORADs.

Anyway you cut it, Majid is way better than manpads slapped on a truck. It’s only first Gen design. Relax and watch the magic happen.

Have you ever operated a DJI drone? I have. They are range limited (less than 1 KM, and 2KM if your really lucky and have no LOS resistance) and time limited (15-30 mins).

So how far could Taliban get with a DJI drone? Barely past the border I would say.

Majid will be a great export product to Iraq, Syria, African countries, South America (Venezuela). Countries that cannot afford large expensive SHORADs.

Anyway you cut it, Majid is way better than manpads slapped on a truck. It’s only first Gen design. Relax and watch the magic happen.
what you say is applicable to this
DJI Mini and DJI Mini 2 with a range of a Quarter to half a mile
iu

iu

now let look at bigger ones
DJI Mavic Mini , 4km from operator or 20min of flight
149878-drones-review-review-dji-mavic-mini-initial-review-image1-cemyx47ovw.jpg

Inspire 2, 7km from operator or 27 min of flight
maxresdefault.jpg

Phantom 4 Pro V2, 7km from operator or 30min of flight
images

that's boring let do it like this

DJI-Mini-3-Pro-vs-Mini-2-vs-Air-2s-vs-Mavic-Air-2-vs-Mavic-3-vs-Mavic-2-1536x768.jpg

Mini 3 ProMini 2Mavic Mini SEAir 2SMavic Air 2Mavic AirMavic 3Mavic 2 ProMavic 2 ZoomMavic Pro Platinum
Weight< 249 g< 249 g249 g595 g570 g430 g895 g/
899 g
907 g905 g734 g
Dimensions (folded)145x90x62 mm138×81×58 mm140×82×57 mm180×97×77 mm180×97×84 mm168×83×49 mm221x96.3x90.3 mm214×91×84 mm214×91×84 mm198×83×83 mm
Camera1/1.3” CMOS1/2.3” CMOS1/2.3” CMOS1” CMOS1/2" CMOS1/2.3” CMOS4/3 CMOS1” CMOS1/2.3” CMOS1/2.3” CMOS
Video4K/60fps4K/30fps2.7K/30fps5.4K/30fps4K/60fps4K/30fps5.1K/50fps4K/30fps4K/30fps4K/30fps
Photo48 MP
12 MP
12 MP20 MP48 MP12 MP20 MP20 MP12 MP12.71 MP
Max. Transmission (FCC)12 km10 km4 km12 km10 km4 km15 km8 km8 km7 km
Max. Flight Time34/47 min31 min30 min31 min34 min21 min46 min31 min31 min30 min
Obstacle SensingForward, Backward, DownwardDownwardDownwardForward, Backward, Upward, DownwardForward, Backward, DownwardForward, Backward, DownwardForward, Backward, Upward, Downward, LateralForward, Backward, Upward, Downward, LateralForward, Backward, Upward, Downward, LateralForward, Downward

by the way those range are limited range by FAA for safety reasons, the drones actually capable of flying twice as far, a DJI Maverick air 2 can actually fly up to 20km away

ooks about the same size.

Iran tracked RQ-170 back in 2010 tech using EO/IO and not radar.
the one on Majid is around 2/3rd and to me looks uncooled

by the way those range are limited range by FAA for safety reasons, the drones actually capable of flying twice as far, a DJI Maverick air 2 can actually fly up to 20km away

No they are not. They are limited by basic wave technology of the receiver and controller and very limited battery power tech. You don’t fully understand what you are talking about.

I owned pro DJI model and if you try to send it more than a KM you would lose control due to interference, buildings, cloud cover, etc and it goes into
GPS autopilot mode. This was in a relatively open area with plenty of GPS/cell service. Now imagine the mountains and border region of Iran/Afghanistan. FCC guidelines aren’t hampering these drones as much as you think, it’s the basic receiver they are using to transmit to the drone. It’s not military grade, it’s not the size of a truck with a massive antenna, it’s signal doesn’t travel far. The battery is cheap crap, again not even close to military grade tech.

Any extended range the operator doesn’t have control, he sets a pre determined route and the drone flies it. Which a simple jammer can then interrupt on these off the shelf models. Or else terrorists would have been attacking airports all around the world with quadcopters. Defenses are in place for such scenarios that don’t require SHORAD systems.

You are making up absurd scenarios. 30 DJIs flew by Taliban is why Majid needs to have 8 launchers? Come on now. Stop the nonsense. The DJI scenario cannot do anything besides harass some border bases. If it doesn’t run out of battery getting there that is.

Don’t confuse military grade suicide drones, military guard quadcopters, and CMs with off the shelf products dropping grenades.

Most drones are around 1 mile or so under absolutely ideal conditions any more you are probably using GPS autopilot instead of manual. Anything you see more than that probably has been heavily modified by an enthusiast (battery replaced, 4 or 5g link, receiver modifications, etc)

the one on Majid is around 2/3rd and to me looks uncooled

“Looks” of two pictures with different angles and distance taken is not evidence.

Like I said even if Majid has 25KM EO range it will still be lethal against a slow moving TB-2 class object in the open sky.

Last edited:
You are making up absurd scenarios. 30 DJIs flew by Taliban is why Majid needs to have 8 launchers? Come on now. Stop the nonsense. The DJI scenario cannot do anything besides harass some border bases. If it doesn’t run out of battery getting there that is.

Don’t confuse military grade suicide drones, military guard quadcopters, and CMs with off the shelf products dropping grenades.
a question in Ukraine, Russia lost how many tanks and BMP to those drones

Most drones are around 1 mile or so under absolutely ideal conditions any more you are probably using GPS autopilot instead of manual. Anything you see more than that probably has been heavily modified by an enthusiast (battery replaced, 4 or 5g link, receiver modifications, etc)
the chart i posted is copy paste from DJI site itself. independent sites estimated the range of for example Maveric AIR 2 as up to 18-20km
I don't talk about those picture , just look at the E/O its Seraj-1

a question in Ukraine, Russia lost how many tanks and BMP to those drones

That’s because it was a blitzkrieg tactic moving fast without deploying TOR-1 or TOR-2 or Pantsir ahead of convoys to secure airspace.

How come there are no such videos since March?

When Russia started deploying its SHORADs smartly...TB-2’s have been getting slaughtered. Wreckage pics are all over the Internet.

the chart i posted is copy paste from DJI site itself. independent sites estimated the range of for example Maveric AIR 2 as up to 18-20km
I don't talk about those picture , just look at the E/O its Seraj-1

Again maybe I need to post this to get thru to your mind:

The DJI Mavic Air 2 works on Ocysync 2.0 and has a maximum range of 10 km (6.2 Miles). This is how far the drone can go from the controller if you are in a clear area with no obstacles and signal interference. However, local laws, signal interferences, and obstacles considerably reduce the actual range.

By the way that is range in US, international is less...6KM or so.

You aren’t winning any argument here. Majid with 4 launchers is lethal. Switching to 8 launchers wouldn’t make it a super weapon. Nor will it be tasked to take on 30 quadcopters or 10 suicide drones by itself or any other Hollywood scenario your mind cooks up.

That’s because it was a blitzkrieg tactic moving fast without deploying TOR-1 or TOR-2 or Pantsir ahead of convoys to secure airspace.

How come there are no such videos since March?

When Russia started deploying its SHORADs smartly...TB-2’s have been getting slaughtered. Wreckage pics are all over the Internet.

Again maybe I need to post this to get thru to your mind:

By the way that is range in US, international is less...6KM or so.

You aren’t winning any argument here. Majid with 4 launchers is lethal. Switching to 8 launchers wouldn’t make it a super weapon. Nor will it be tasked to take on 30 quadcopters or 10 suicide drones by itself or any other Hollywood scenario your mind cooks up.
make it more resilient when faced against a swarm attack

and law can not change the range of drones and we are talking about deserts , and open fields , wonder how much interference is there .

The mini drone can be destroyed by the Mesbah system and other intelligent artillery system

Attachments

• mesbah 1.jpg
    mesbah 1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 325
It's wrong ! The Mesbah system has an optical follow -up
not installed on the system you posted that need another vehicle
iu

by the way it really is a last second solution when everything else failed , the range is not more than 1-2km for low altitude targets , more toward 1 and less, the tactical in majid very easily can carry 8 or 10 missile , its way cheaper and efficient to expand the missiles to 8 or 10. first you have 8 to 10km engagement range not 1 km
by the way look at the 8 barrel
mesbah-1-jpg.860304

you think how long it will be before it ran out of ammo ? they capped the system to 4000rpm (theoretically those ZU-23-2 could fire 8000rpm) practically each barrel can fire 400/min those box carry 100 if I'm not wrong . mean they ran out of ammo after just 15sec of engagement

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom