What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

it means very soon we will see light bunker buster ammunition for Mohajer, ababil, shahed and kaman drones
You just remind me, we've seen Almas fitted for Ababil-5 and MH6 UCAVs, but we have not seen it on a Shahed-129. Is their any limitation as to why Almas would not be fitted on it, or is it just we haven't seen any pictures yet and it is perfectly fine to hold it.

You just remind me, we've seen Almas fitted for Ababil-5 and MH6 UCAVs, but we have not seen it on a Shahed-129. Is their any limitation as to why Almas would not be fitted on it, or is it just we haven't seen any pictures yet and it is perfectly fine to hold it.
I would think that it would only require modifying the launch rail system to take the almas launch canisters,tho a better option might be a new 3 or 4 weapons mount as the almas is lighter than the sadid glide bombs.

More likely it's a Defence ministry project and probably ababil and mohajer 6 are defense ministry product but shahed is irgc. Also shahed has its own qaem and said that pretty much do the same as almas.

More likely it's a Defence ministry project and probably ababil and mohajer 6 are defense ministry product but shahed is irgc. Also shahed has its own qaem and said that pretty much do the same as almas.
Is Qaem rocket propelled as well or a glide bomb

Is Qaem rocket propelled as well or a glide bomb
Qaem and Sadid are glide bombs. Depending on which Qaem you are talking about the targeting seeker is different (Laser, TV guidance, etc)
don't mistake Sadid-345 with sadid-1 or Fath-362
Sadid-1 is based on Toofan and fly on its own power, Qaem and Sadid-345 are glide bomb

don't mistake Sadid-345 with sadid-1 or Fath-362
Sadid-1 is based on Toofan and fly on its own power, Qaem and Sadid-345 are glide bomb
Qaem and Sadid are glide bombs. Depending on which Qaem you are talking about the targeting seeker is different (Laser, TV guidance, etc)
So It's not the same as rocket propelled Almas then. From what I see, IRGC doesn't have a rocket propelled munition for UAVs?

So It's not the same as rocket propelled Almas then.
sadid-1 is based on toofan, it has its own engine. sadid-345 is a glide bomb
it was supposed to be main weapon of Shahed-129 there was some problem integrating it into Shahed-129 so they built Sadid-345 for shahed-129
but in 2018 IRGC claimed Saeqeh UAV used Sadid-1 in attack on ISIS in Abu-Kamal region of Syria and the problem of integrating the drone and missiles was solved

media%2FFYqmnFcXgAEa5u4.jpg

media%2FFYqmnf7X0AM0rX5.jpg

plate carrier yes , body armor doubt it and you don't buy it online , you go Hassan-Abad and buy it. recall , when i was conscripted they told us some equipment we must buy ourselves and then they ran out of the shoes in size of my foot they gave me a combat boot two size smaller and then they sent us home and said to come back next week . our commander told me to go to Hasan-Abad and they change the combat boot for you . went there and the first shop put 5-6 type of boot in front of me and said which type you want . one of them was an american boot he claimed someone in usa army took from storage and sold in black market , i guess it didn't weight even 100gr, but he wanted 10-15$ + my boot for it . at the end i opted for an Iranian one that was 1$ more expensive than my own boot and then i wore it for two week during my training course and after that i used civilian clothes

plate carrier yes , body armor doubt it and you don't buy it online , you go Hassan-Abad and buy it. recall , when i was conscripted they told us some equipment we must buy ourselves and then they ran out of the shoes in size of my foot they gave me a combat boot two size smaller and then they sent us home and said to come back next week . our commander told me to go to Hasan-Abad and they change the combat boot for you . went there and the first shop put 5-6 type of boot in front of me and said which type you want . one of them was an american boot he claimed someone in usa army took from storage and sold in black market , i guess it didn't weight even 100gr, but he wanted 10-15$ + my boot for it . at the end i opted for an Iranian one that was 1$ more expensive than my own boot and then i wore it for two week during my training course and after that i used civilian clothes
Forgive my ignorance,but what is "Hassan-Abad"?
Just out of curiosity where were the other types of boots from,were they locally made or imported from china/S.E.A/the usual places etc....?
It does make me wonder just how old the american boot was,70s era perhaps?,man I wish you had some pictures....

Back
Top Bottom