What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Forgive my ignorance,but what is "Hassan-Abad"?
Just out of curiosity where were the other types of boots from,were they locally made or imported from china/S.E.A/the usual places etc....?
an area in tehran

they were made in Iran and the boots were quite new . the time was after desert storm operation usa troop was stationed at Persian Gulf , only god know how much of their supply was sold at black market.
i cant be sure it was ages ago but they somehow looked like this but new
TyZwaWQ9QXBp

Not Iranian.
This is a Russian robot which is originally a Chinese robot.

Hear me out. Build a cheaper, less sophisticated, but faster version with a powerful explosive attached to it. Now you got a suicide robot.

Cheaper than wasting a Kornet or NLAW or TOW. Able to launched via operator from safe distance or pre programmed route.

The enemy is expecting something from the air (suicide drone, UCAV, rudimentary rocket, etc), not many ground defenses these days.

Hear me out. Build a cheaper, less sophisticated, but faster version with a powerful explosive attached to it. Now you got a suicide robot.

Cheaper than wasting a Kornet or NLAW or TOW. Able to launched via operator from safe distance or pre programmed route.

The enemy is expecting something from the air (suicide drone, UCAV, rudimentary rocket, etc), not many ground defenses these days.

Yes but I have a few problems that needs resolving:

- The back fired gas of the missile will hit the ground since the robot is very short and small.
Did you see that?
It will crash on the first shot unless fired from top of a hill !!

- Battery needs significant longevity and will cost big time. This does not run on gas or solid fuel. This will not work a few hours.

- Likely very sensitive to jamming and EM guns.

Yes but I have a few problems that needs resolving:

- The back fired gas of the missile will hit the ground since the robot is very short and small.
Did you see that?
It will crash on the first shot unless fired from top of a hill !!

- Battery needs significant longevity and will cost big time. This does not run on gas or solid fuel.

- Likely very sensitive to jamming and EM guns.

Yeah the anti tank concept is stupid unless the missile is top attack upon firing. Stabilization is the problem.

But in case of battery you could switch to small hydrogen piston engine which will also aid in the explosion radius. LNG engine is another option, but quiet operation is very key. You don’t want this to sound like an Iranian 250cc bike coming.

Although I do think solid state battery’s and overall lithium battery will continue to drop in cost.

Build it Low to the ground, fast moving (60-70 mph at terminal attack speed).

If engine is hydrogen even if it’s targeting core somehow gets jammed the robot will continue to run into target. There are also ways to insulate against current forms of jamming.

The problem for enemy will be today’s jamming device have to concentrate on the drone to jam it (ie jamming gun) Even GPS/cellular jammers that are placed on convoys to prevent IED detonations cover a small area. A wide range jamming 360 device I am not aware of since it affects the defender as well. There are GPS jammers that can cover a wide field.

This idea would be highly useful in Ukraine’s urban conflicts to breach enemy lines or against troop garrisons or station points.

Iran has made suicide boats, unmanned submarine. As fast attacking low observable land “animal” could be quiet game changing if cost is kept below 10K a unit.

Wouldn't an automated turret pick up and engage it on time?

Yeah the anti tank concept is stupid unless the missile is top attack upon firing. Stabilization is the problem.

But in case of battery you could switch to small hydrogen piston engine which will also aid in the explosion radius. LNG engine is another option, but quiet operation is very key. You don’t want this to sound like an Iranian 250cc bike coming.

Although I do think solid state battery’s and overall lithium battery will continue to drop in cost.

Build it Low to the ground, fast moving (60-70 mph at terminal attack speed).

If engine is hydrogen even if it’s targeting core somehow gets jammed the robot will continue to run into target. There are also ways to insulate against current forms of jamming.

The problem for enemy will be today’s jamming device have to concentrate on the drone to jam it (ie jamming gun) Even GPS/cellular jammers that are placed on convoys to prevent IED detonations cover a small area. A wide range jamming 360 device I am not aware of since it affects the defender as well. There are GPS jammers that can cover a wide field.

This idea would be highly useful in Ukraine’s urban conflicts to breach enemy lines or against troop garrisons or station points.

Iran has made suicide boats, unmanned submarine. As fast attacking low observable land “animal” could be quiet game changing if cost is kept below 10K a unit.

Growing hydrogen batteries or other novelties may help at low cost.

Regarding jamming:
The MBT can continuously send EM pulses to the whole area trying to toast the robot even if it does not know its location. Defender can shield itself because if larger size or stay away at the time of the localized pulse.

Constant jamming and EM pulses.

Regarding jamming:
The MBT can continuously send EM pulses to the whole area trying to toast the robot even if it does not know its location. Defender can shield itself because if larger size or stay away at the time of the localized pulse.

Isn't there a means to provide electromagnetic shielding for sensors? Probably would add to expense and size but allow the robot to remain active.

Isn't there a means to provide electromagnetic shielding for sensors? Probably would add to expense and size but allow the robot to remain active.
A lot but needs some room.
These flimsy legs and circuits are very sensitive to toasting EM shots.

Tough to shield the legs and everything well. You needs sensors in the legs too.

Wouldn't an automated turret pick up and engage it on time?

Not aware of automated turrets since a friend v foe system is not yet implemented. On warships this is easy (Phalanx) as its shooting at what radar finds. No human is walking on water at 500 mph.

The problem on land is your using EO/IO and will need a sophisticated friend v foe system in place. Knowing robot dog is enemy vs a civilian or child walking is a huge liability. Lots of friendly fire incidents could happen as well.

But even in water unmanned suicide subs or low observable boats are already being tested and Iran has had at least two incidents of success (Saudi Arabia and UAE ships).

Regarding jamming:

I am not aware of EM pulses outside of atmospheric thermonuclear detonation. What device are you referring to? Generating a strong enough EM burst to fry electronics is double edge sword as it destroys anything electronic in sight...friendly or otherwise.

As you can see, from what you are saying it implies the great lengths an enemy has to go to protect itself against a 10K fast moving robot already makes it a worthy addition.

There isn’t an “iron dome” solution to this threat. Especially as robotics continues its advancement. Everyone is focused on the air where radars are excelling more and more thus having to invest considerable funds into VLO type drones to by pass the enemy defenses. The ground so far has largely been neglected.

If Russia had what I am thinking, it would make scouting and harassment attacks much more viable instead of using high valuable assets like Special forces or VDV.

Hezbollah having such a device means they don’t have to risk kornet/ATGM 3 man crews in revenge strikes. You can send a “pack” of robot dogs that then go silent (prone and off) and wait using passive electronics to listen for enemy before activating (automatically or manually) and achieving terminal attack speed.

Just like the suicide drone or drone swarm took a page out of bee swarms. A robot would take the page out of the fastest land animal - cheetah. Using low profile to the ground and it’s environment (urban or rural) to mask its presence before attack.

Faraday cage - practicality of implementation is a whole another matter.

Back
Top Bottom