What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Have you ever wondered why Russians are using these rockets on their most advanced and expensive Helicopters in Ukraine!?
very simple , they lack precision guided anything in number.
those hydras are only effective when you fire them from close , Almas effective from distance far beyond enemy man-pad and short range air defense system .
Almas can be carried on cluster of 4 hydra on cluster of 17, our helicopter can carry two cluster.

you yourself decide which do more damage , 8 Almas or 34 hydra .
now if you turn the hydras into a precision guided weapon like what Elbit(GATR-L) or BAE (APKWS) II or Raytheon (TALON) or Lockheed Martin (DAGR) then that will be some other generation of beast , but I'm not aware of such project in Iran , do you knew of any such development ?

very simple , they lack precision guided anything in number.
those hydras are only effective when you fire them from close , Almas effective from distance far beyond enemy man-pad and short range air defense system .
Almas can be carried on cluster of 4 hydra on cluster of 17, our helicopter can carry two cluster.

you yourself decide which do more damage , 8 Almas or 34 hydra .
now if you turn the hydras into a precision guided weapon like what Elbit(GATR-L) or BAE (APKWS) II or Raytheon (TALON) or Lockheed Martin (DAGR) then that will be some other generation of beast , but I'm not aware of such project in Iran , do you knew of any such development ?
When enemy is on the foot and dispersed, then these rockets have clear advantage. missiles can't lock on troops, so pilot has to maintain his position and manually guide the missile, puting the helicopter at risk of short range air defenses, which nowadays have enough range.

Iran has a copy it showed off. Idk if they'll procur it though. As the RPG-30 they showed a copy of just next to it seems much more likely because same penetration + ability to bypass APS. Iran has an extremely massive amount of RPG-7 and RPG-29. No need to replace them especially because they're reusable and can fire a massive variety of rounds
Do you have a photograph of the RPG-32 clone? I don't remember seeing it.

When enemy is on the foot and dispersed, then these rockets have clear advantage. missiles can't lock on troops, so pilot has to maintain his position and manually guide the missile, puting the helicopter at risk of short range air defenses, which nowadays have enough range.
just call artillery or simply use or if you must call for artillery or use thermobaric Toofan-4 or 6 . why endanger that expensive equipment that can't be replaced easily
if you get your kick by seeing enemy soldiers shredded from near and love being in danger zone just use the cannon , a lot cheaper and cleaner

I can only imagine what amazing things can be done in iran and how sad it is that educated young people are working as taxi drivers to make ends meet....iran is a country that has every thing you need to be amongst the top 10 economies of the world..
1- educated labor force
2- every mineral you can think of
3- abundant cheap energy (dream for many other countries)
4- massive land geography with 4 season climate.
5-second to none historical sites going back thousands of years (a tourist mecca)
6-a culture and history envey of many

I recall the Supreme leader of iran once said that based on his information iran is currently using g only 10% of her capacity as a nation...imagine...90% unutilized capacity...and the funny thing is that for us iranians we have to come out of iran and look inside to see what potential is there...God gave this nation plenty to be grateful about.

Medical tourism in Iran

Iran is a country full of potential for being among the main destinations for medical tourism, at least for the regional countries.

Very smart, Aryobarzan.

Labour cost is huge in the West. There are also lots of project management techniques that Iran can employ ... I will not give you a headache, but just share 1 of them with you.

Lockheed Martin, Northup Grumman, Boeing, GE, General Dynamics, Raytheon, and Pratt Whitney, all have their COOs meet once a year in a secret location, a nice hotel either West coast or East coast, and discuss common issues for future of U.S. defence industry.

One of the main issues they often talk about is labour cost, and of course every time, among other things of course. Their idea to reduce costs is to create a Work/Live environment.

This means: they are looking at a modular construction high rise of 7 stories, using ground floor and first story for factory space and offices just above, and the other 5 stories for housing for workers. Workers live upstairs and work downstairs. They believe this alleviates driving for hours, car expenses, waste of time, being away from family too long, and many other benefits, including creating a community for the workers, saving lots of money, and getting their kids to follow in their fathers' foot steps, since dads can bring their kids down at night to see what he does, etc.

The U.S. defence industry is funding half a dozen studies in creating such a work/live industrial community parks.

Iran could easily implement this. This is a no-brainer.

In my opinion, Iran can do this, and do it effectively.

The Best Doctors And Surgeons In Iran

Appoint with the best doctors in iran, ask for the best solution for medical conditions in the fields of gynecology, urology, ophthalmology, cosmetic surgery, weight loss surgery, orthopedics and spine. Look for the best beauty and beauty methods by booking your turn.

Do you have a photograph of the RPG-32 clone? I don't remember seeing it.
20220703_145014.jpg

.basically having the power of an RPG-29 combined with the versatility of an RPG-7 all rolled into one superior package.
It's not even close in versatility to RPG 7,since it doesn't fire anti personnel ammunition.Only anti tank and thermobaric rounds.

It's not even close in versatility to RPG 7,since it doesn't fire anti personnel ammunition.Only anti tank and thermobaric rounds.

Thermobaric rounds can be used as anti personnel. Concept is the basis of TOS-1A and TOS-2 MLRS themobaric warheads by Russia (albeit on a much larger scale).

Superheats the air and rips the air out of a soldiers lungs. Very effective

Thermobaric rounds can be used as anti personnel. Concept is the basis of TOS-1A and TOS-2 MLRS themobaric warheads by Russia (albeit on a much larger scale).

Superheats the air and rips the air out of a soldiers lungs. Very effective
If Iran plans to use thermobaric weapons for anti personnel goals,why do the need RPG 32 when they already have thermobaric ammo for RPG 7,RPG 29 and also started producing RPO copy?

How many more thermobaric weapons do they need?

On a side note the main advantage of thermobaric weapons is their anti structure capability.I have serious doubts that in a open field against infantry it would be nearly as effective as you think.
Their incendiary effect would be best used against structures or light vehicles but that is just my opinion.

If Iran plans to use thermobaric weapons for anti personnel goals,why do the need RPG 32 when they already have thermobaric ammo for RPG 7,RPG 29 and also started producing RPO copy?

How many more thermobaric weapons do they need?

On a side note the main advantage of thermobaric weapons is their anti structure capability.I have serious doubts that in a open field against infantry it would be nearly as effective as you think.
Their incendiary effect would be best used against structures or light vehicles but that is just my opinion.
small thermobaric weapons are more useful in confined environment than open fields

First of all no one fights in a “open field”. Even in the rural line of control in green terrain of Ukraine they fight in trenches, bunkers, and encampments with sand bags and earth mounds to deflect blasts. In urban settings it’s building to building.

The thermobaric round can both deal damage to these structures and kill/concuss those inside or else the alternative would be to use a FBW anti tank missile like they did during Syrian civil war.

First of all no one fights in a “open field”.
Thanks for another piece of info I wasn't aware of.Is this from the same "source" that thermobaric weapons are meant as a substitute for anti personnel role(instead of being used against enemy who is in in confined space which is their real purpose,btw)?By same source I mean did you came up yourself with such a brilliant conclusion?
As far as using thermobaric weapons extensively in urban combat,you do realize that no matter who is fighting there are a lot of civilians involved.What do you think is going to happen?

The thermobaric round can both deal damage to these structures and kill/concuss those inside or else the alternative would be to use a FBW anti tank missile like they did during Syrian civil war.
Yeah I got it it's a super weapon that can bust though enemy trenches and turn them all into barbeque.Makes you wonder why armies generally use (heavy) artillery and massive air strikes against dug in defense positions instead of just getting the job done with thermobaric launchers and anti tank missiles.

P.S.You sound like an expert when it comes to thermobaric weapons which is kinda funny considering the fact that few months ago you didn't even know the difference between dedicated thermobaric launcher(RPO) and RPG 27 so other forum members had to educate you on the subject.

Last edited:
Thanks for another piece of info I wasn't aware of.Is this from the same "source" that thermobaric weapons are meant as a substitute for anti personnel role(instead of being used against enemy who is in in confined space which is their real purpose,btw)?

I didn’t say they are ment for anti personnel role, I said they can be used if the situation requires it.

I am quite puzzled you are complaining that Iran is producing the RPG-32 rather than solely producing RPG-7, RPO, RPG-29. Iran has three ground forces (IRGC, Artesh, Basij) they all get equipped differently including special units within each force.

As of this moment we don’t know how many RPO, RPG-29, RPG-32 are being produced and in what quantites. Iran’s vast defense industry produces what ever contracts are assigned by the military branches.

.Makes you wonder why armies generally use (heavy) artillery and massive air strikes against dug in defense positions instead of just getting the job done with thermobaric launchers and anti tank missiles.
Brilliant! With that logic why use launchers at all that have less than 600M distance when you can just call in air strikes and artillery! Is this your way of disparaging the RPG-32?

Russia is one of the few countries to use thermobaric warheads. The West prefers cluster munitions and white phosphorus bombs for anti personnel. But again the topic wasn’t heavy (or air weapons).

TOS-1A used in open field setting

TOS-1A used in urban setting

The topic was why is Iran producing RPG-32 when it produces so many other derivatives launchers. You said RPG-7 fired anti personnel rounds. I said if push comes to shove the RPG-32 can use its themobaric round assuming the target is urban setting or in a confined setting (entrenchment).

I don’t see what is wrong with what I said. I didn’t say this is the leading strategy for the situation or that it is better than an air strike or an artillery strike. I said it can be more cost effective than wasting an anti tank missile (which we have seen used in Syria and Ukraine and Yemen).

P.S.You sound like an expert when it comes to thermobaric weapons which is kinda funny considering the fact that few months ago you didn't even know the difference between dedicated thermobaric launcher(RPO) and RPG 27 so other forum members had to educate you on the subject.

Yes, I made a mistake then. Never claimed to be an expert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom