What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Might be a revamp of one of these:
HqAM95aTtvs.jpg

wheeled_self-propelled_howitzer_Iran_Iranian_army_006.jpg

The last ones quite interesting as it has both a magazine and autoloader fitted,its clearly the most advanced out of the 3.
It is very surprising that at least one of these systems was not produced in small numbers and put into limited service for evaluation.

You are not getting 60KM range with those without rebuilding the entire system.

The archer system is potent for a reason. Mainly it’s Excalibur GPS guided shell with very long range.

Again depends on how much a shell costs versus a Fajr rocket.

But I bet an Archer can acquire a target and fire on it much faster than artillery rocket can. That is also something to take into consideration.

The archer system is potent for a reason. Mainly it’s Excalibur GPS guided shell with very long range.

But I bet an Archer can acquire a target and fire on it much faster than artillery rocket can. That is also something to take into consideration.

I wonder what the range of Basir-LR is

Frankly, they should indeed rebuild the whole system, both a truck-mounted self-propelled variant and a towed platform with integrated digital fire control and ballistic computers.

As for shells, they can always design new ones with depleted uranium and linked to BeiDou which beijing has granted Tehran access to.
I wonder what the range of Basir-LR is
20 km, unfortunately. I'm not happy with this.

Frankly, they should indeed rebuild the whole system, both a truck-mounted self-propelled variant and a towed platform with integrated digital fire control and ballistic computers.

As for shells, they can always design new ones with depleted uranium and linked to BeiDou which beijing has granted Tehran access to.

Depleted uranium is for tank shells, not necessarily artillery. Iran does need modern artillery since it lacks AirPower.

Not too much artillery because a land invasion of Iran is next to impossible. But they cannot be towing around 1960’s era equipment. Digital/Ballistic computers are a must in this day and age.

Depleted uranium is for tank shells, not necessarily artillery. Iran does need modern artillery since it lacks AirPower.

Not too much artillery because a land invasion of Iran is next to impossible. But they cannot be towing around 1960’s era equipment. Digital/Ballistic computers are a must in this day and age.
I know DU is used in APFSDS and Iran should absolutely manufacture those for use on Karrar but the application is valid even for artillery for highly kinetic penetrating shells.

Artillery is basically to man the borders along the east, the RoA frontier and in chokepoints around Khuzestan + Kurdish mountains.

I know DU is used in APFSDS and Iran should absolutely manufacture those for use on Karrar but the application is valid even for artillery for highly kinetic penetrating shells.

Artillery is basically to man the borders along the east, the RoA frontier and in chokepoints around Khuzestan + Kurdish mountains.

Most of the damage in Ukraine-Russia conflict is being done by artillery.

These issue is both sides are going thru thousands of shells every few days.

That’s why precision shells is better, less shells being wasted.

I support DU armour.

DU shells can also be a bonus. But they take a toll on the crew and environment. So there is a trade off that has to be considered.

Most of the damage in Ukraine-Russia conflict is being done by artillery.

These issue is both sides are going thru thousands of shells every few days.

That’s why precision shells is better, less shells being wasted.

I support DU armour.

DU shells can also be a bonus. But they take a toll on the crew and environment. So there is a trade off that has to be considered.
Shells which have laser-targeting and sync with BeiDou would be quite nice to have, so long as they have a range of >50 km.

HM-41 already has truck and towed versions. The towed one is in mass spread use

20km is for normal Basir, DIO recently unveiled Basir-LR. 20km is still higher than its US counterpart, the M712 copperhead

HM-41 already has truck and towed versions. The towed one is in mass spread use

20km is for normal Basir, DIO recently unveiled Basir-LR. 20km is still higher than its US counterpart, the M712 copperhead
I don't know whether digital fire control is integrated on those systems. Besides, the design in question itself is significantly older.

20km isn't enough for a modern battlefield. Engagements should be around 40km or more with precision.

I don't know whether digital fire control is integrated on those systems. Besides, the design in question itself is significantly older.

20km isn't enough for a modern battlefield. Engagements should be around 40km or more with precision.

No indication that Iran uses digital ballistics computers on their artillery. Maybe the self propelled RAAD-2’s have them. Even the howitzers supplied to Ukraine lacked the ballistic computers.

No indication that Iran uses digital ballistics computers on their artillery. Maybe the self propelled RAAD-2’s have them. Even the howitzers supplied to Ukraine lacked the ballistic computers.
Hahahahahaha, yeah - Jew-***-AIDS 🇺🇸(censored word is 'A' to the 'S' to the 'S') ripped out the digital fire control system installed on the M777s before supplying them to Ukraine. Some lend-lease arrangement, that.

#AMERIKWACUCKYEAH moment.

Edit: They do make up for the artillery being dumbed down by offering satellite intelligence and coordinates, though so that negates the downgrade somewhat.

No you don't need DU for artillery shells when the tank armor, any tank is weak at the top. Even regular shells will penetrate easily.

Hahahahahaha, yeah - Jew-***-AIDS 🇺🇸(censored word is 'A' to the 'S' to the 'S') ripped out the digital fire control system installed on the M777s before supplying them to Ukraine. Some lend-lease arrangement, that.

#AMERIKWACUCKYEAH moment.

Edit: They do make up for the artillery being dumbed down by offering satellite intelligence and coordinates, though so that negates the downgrade somewhat.
Ukrainians have their own stuff. They didn't really need that FCS. They can still hit the Russians accurately.

No you don't need DU for artillery shells when the tank armor, any tank is weak at the top. Even regular shells will penetrate easily.

Ukrainians have their own stuff. They didn't really need that FCS. They can still hit the Russians accurately.
DU ammunition is a must have for any tank's main gun because they'll be engaging other tanks from the front or sides. Heavy penetrative rounds make all the difference there.

Even for regular howitzers, it would make a significant difference when targeting reinforced concrete structures (like that villa in Irbil).

Back
Top Bottom