What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

FUMqrqAWUAEDMCs

I have a question - why don't the Iranian Armed Forces ditch their arsenal of RPG-7s and RPG-29s (too large and bulky, even if an excellent anti-tank weapon) for the more compact but still deadly RPG-32 instead.

foto_5-_komplekt_granatometnogo_kompleksa_rpg-32_nashshab__2013_g-__jadara-jo_-35a92c004344635...jpg

It can be built under license at home and Iran's mastered the use of composites to make it even lighter. If the rights to produce domestically are obtained, it can be outfitted with locally made sights and improved with a ballistic computer/controls and perhaps new rounds can be made for it also in the 72mm and 105 mm categories with a wide variety of functions (particularly making the tandem warhead more deadly against armour).

Specifications are as follows:

Mass3 kg unloaded
10 kg loaded with 105 mm rocket
6 kg loaded with 72 mm rocket
Length1,200 mm (complete with 105 mm launch container)
900 mm (complete with 72 mm launch container)

ShellPG-32V tandem HEAT
TBG-32V thermobaric
Caliber105 mm barrel
72/105 mm warheads
Action750 mm (30 in) RHA
650 mm (26 in) RHA after ERA with 105 mm PG-32V tandem HEAT rocket
Muzzle velocity140 m/s
Effective firing range350 m
Maximum firing range700 m
SightsCollimator sight

I have a question - why don't the Iranian Armed Forces ditch their arsenal of RPG-7s and RPG-29s (too large and bulky, even if an excellent anti-tank weapon) for the more compact but still deadly RPG-32 instead.

View attachment 855852

It can be built under license at home and Iran's mastered the use of composites to make it even lighter. If the rights to produce domestically are obtained, it can be outfitted with locally made sights and improved with a ballistic computer/controls and perhaps new rounds can be made for it also in the 72mm and 105 mm categories with a wide variety of functions (particularly making the tandem warhead more deadly against armour).

Mass3 kg unloaded

ShellPG-32V tandem HEAT
TBG-32V thermobaric
Caliber105 mm barrel
72/105 mm warheads
Action750 mm (30 in) RHA
Muzzle velocity140 m/s
SightsCollimator sight
They have started issuing the RPO-A and MRO-A to compliment the RPG-18 and RPG-22.
The 18 and 22 have been around for quite a while in iran but now appear to be showing up in larger numbers,so this could indicate local production.
6063788_original.jpg

And last year these were shown off at a defence industry organization exhibit.These look to be the RPG 27,28 and 30,so iran does seem to be getting a lot more serious about the adoption of these single use type rockets,tho I would imagine that both the RPG 7 and 29 will stay in service for a very long time to come both for their cheap cost and versatility,
iranian-anti-tank-rockets-on-display-may-2021.jpg

5264316_original.jpg

View attachment 855852

Mass3 kg unloaded

ShellPG-32V tandem HEAT
TBG-32V thermobaric
Caliber105 mm barrel
72/105 mm warheads
Action750 mm (30 in) RHA
Muzzle velocity140 m/s
SightsCollimator sight

In my opinion they have no reason for doing that.Anti-tank and thermobaric warheads for RPG 7 have the same characteristics,range and effectiveness as the RPG 32.Also allows for anti personnel ammo (OG-7V) to be fired making it a very versatile weapon(aside from being cheap and simple to use).
RPG 7 will stay for a long time all over the world,even US companies started producing it and exporting it (Ukraine).I do however think that we will see new and more effective ammunitions for it.

In my opinion they have no reason for doing that.Anti-tank and thermobaric warheads for RPG 7 have the same characteristics,range and effectiveness as the RPG 32.Also allows for anti personnel ammo (OG-7V) to be fired making it a very versatile weapon(aside from being cheap and simple to use).
RPG 7 will stay for a long time all over the world,even US companies started producing it and exporting it (Ukraine).I do however think that we will see new and more effective ammunitions for it.
No, sir! The RPG-32 is quite lighter, has improved range and caliber and greater accuracy in addition to being a model which is more compact and capable of being outfitted with a better targeting system.

Although yes, I don't foresee a replacement for the RPG-7 within the Iranian Armed Forces anytime soon, sadly.
They have started issuing the RPO-A and MRO-A to compliment the RPG-18 and RPG-22.
The 18 and 22 have been around for quite a while in iran but now appear to be showing up in larger numbers,so this could indicate local production.
6063788_original.jpg

I would imagine that both the RPG 7 and 29 will stay in service for a very long time to come both for their cheap cost and versatility,
iranian-anti-tank-rockets-on-display-may-2021.jpg

5264316_original.jpg
The problem is that RPG-7 is underpowered and antiquated while the RPG-29 - though a beast - is too large and bulky.

A Saberin team would have it easier with one man carrying an RPG-32 with two rockets in addition to his other essential equipment while the others take on an extra load of a rocket each...basically having the power of an RPG-29 combined with the versatility of an RPG-7 all rolled into one superior package.

Likely captured or purchased on the black market. Not surprising since Javelins are turning up all over the dark net and in Syria in the black market.
A shit ton were supplied to (or bought by) Iranian allies. So yep. They're like the single most prominent thermal sight in the middle east

View attachment 855852

Mass3 kg unloaded

ShellPG-32V tandem HEAT
TBG-32V thermobaric
Caliber105 mm barrel
72/105 mm warheads
Action750 mm (30 in) RHA
Muzzle velocity140 m/s
SightsCollimator sight
Iran has a copy it showed off. Idk if they'll procur it though. As the RPG-30 they showed a copy of just next to it seems much more likely because same penetration + ability to bypass APS. Iran has an extremely massive amount of RPG-7 and RPG-29. No need to replace them especially because they're reusable and can fire a massive variety of rounds

instead of those hydras they could put 4 Almas and they would have get something far more useful
Have you ever wondered why Russians are using these rockets on their most advanced and expensive Helicopters in Ukraine!?

Back
Top Bottom