What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

you must consider the limitation of the vehicle , its a 14 ton machine with 300hp engine, you can't expect it to be able to do the job of a 43 ton design with an 850hp engine

that's why I say what you want from it is only possible if they redesign it , adding two ATGM beside turret make problem with reloading it mut be fired in cells from inside the body or through cannon and both of them made problem

You can't expect same quality and armor thickness, sure, it's old - in base variant - useless ifv (very good for its time) but a decent upgrade!

But you could EASILY integrate 2x ATGM on ONE side and PKT AND AGS-17 on the other side... 2A42 30x165mm in the middle.
So it would be "good" vs all other things.
Puma doesn't need HK GMW/AGL (40x53mm) because we use HEAB for the 30x173mm ...
And it has 1100hp (1088hp aka 800kW).

Aras-2 4x4 (W85/ Nasir AGL/SPG-9/M40/107MRL/ATGM/Heavier Rockets etc.)

Raad MRAP 6x6 (BTR-52PK Makran Turret, W85 HMG RCWS, Pirooz ATGM module etc.)

Tusan 8x8 AFV (Massively upgraded BTR-60PB aka BTR-82 (no confusion with Russian BTR-82 variants), in the newest version with new layout, more passive + cage armor, it should be still amphibious, like BTR-90)
IFV 30mm, 7.62x54mmR coaxial, 2x2 Dehlaviyeh, 40x53mm Nasir AGL – like BMP-2M Berezhok
MGS 105mm (which you use(d) on your T-72Z/Safir-74), 7.62x54mmR (modified, similar like the Cubans modified the 100mm and 115mm for usage on BTR-60PB)

BMP-2 (BMP-2 Upgrade = 2x2 Dehlaviyeh, Nasir AGL – like BMP-2M Berezhok
More passive + cage armor, it should be still amphibious, like BMP-2M Berezhok)

Karrar Tank
Armored Zafar Truck 155mm 8x8 (With 155mm HM41 and 12.7x108mm W85 HMG RCWS)
Armored Zafar Truck heavy MODULAR MRLS (With several MRLS pods and 12.7x108mm W85 HMG RCWS)

Neynava 4x4 Truck
Zafar 8x8 Truck
Zoljanah 10x10 Truck

:D

there was no need for unveiling such equipment , just gave it to the armed force , if you want people knew about it , there is a reason there are Arm expo around the world, just participate in them

They need contracts. That’s how arms industries work, the hope is at these arms expos they can get some arms contracts.

But no nation that is not a pariah will risk buying Iranian arms and risk alienating themselves from the Western economic arm.

If one day Iran has “normal” relations with the rest of the world, then Iran can be one of the biggest arms EXPORTER which will bring in tens of billions of dollars in yearly income to Iran which in turn would allow more and more money to be pumped into r&d

They need contracts. That’s how arms industries work, the hope is at these arms expos they can get some arms contracts.

But no nation that is not a pariah will risk buying Iranian arms and risk alienating themselves from the Western economic arm.

If one day Iran has “normal” relations with the rest of the world, then Iran can be one of the biggest arms EXPORTER which will bring in tens of billions of dollars in yearly income to Iran which in turn would allow more and more money to be pumped into r&d
all is said the unveiling served nothing and if they wanted contracts they would have gone to Arm Expos thats where they can get contracts no matter how small

These guided Falagh-2 rockets (bombs) will be the defining and nightmare of ground combat. Congratulations to Iran
Very cool,and what makes this a little unusual is that it is a spin stabilized artillery rocket rather than the usual fin stabilized type,so this would likely be one of the few,indeed potentially the only,precision guided spin stabilized artillery rocket in service with any military.
I also recall that these were also used on some naval patrol boats as well,tho I cant recall if these were the falagh-2 or the smaller falagh-1.
Awesome stuff.:enjoy:

Combining a grenade launcher, 30 mm cannon and small machine gun in the turret, that's great! more attack options and it's good for city war. But there is one weapon that is lacking, this turret should also be able to launch ATGM like the one in the Puma IFV.
This the prototype. It'll have ATGMs in the final version

there was no need for unveiling such equipment , just gave it to the armed force , if you want people knew about it , there is a reason there are Arm expo around the world, just participate in them
Iran does participate in arms expos, stop the needless complaining

Very cool,and what makes this a little unusual is that it is a spin stabilized artillery rocket rather than the usual fin stabilized type,so this would likely be one of the few,indeed potentially the only,precision guided spin stabilized artillery rocket in service with any military.
I also recall that these were also used on some naval patrol boats as well,tho I cant recall if these were the falagh-2 or the smaller falagh-1.
Awesome stuff.:enjoy:
The boats used 2 Falagh-1 and a single Falagh-2
20220214_085820.jpg

Last edited:
This the prototype. It'll have ATGMs in the final version

Iran does participate in arms expos, stop the needless complaining

The boats used 2 Falagh-1 and a single Falagh-2View attachment 815415
There was also an unusual catamaran based design that had the launch tubes,firing the falagh 1[?], mounted between the twin hulls.
5275956.jpg

From this pic it looks like there might`ve been at least 2 of them built
5275955.jpg

An interesting design

There was also an unusual catamaran based design that had the launch tubes,firing the falagh 1[?], mounted between the twin hulls.
5275956.jpg

5275955.jpg

An interesting design
well if it was up to me I would have put some torpedo there, probably 2-3 hoot or other type of 533mm or 380mm torpedoes .

well if it was up to me I would have put some torpedo there, probably 2-3 hoot or other type of 533mm or 380mm torpedoes .
Altho at first glance it seems like an idea with potential,unfortunately even the most compact air dropped light weight torpedo is still about twice the length and weight of the falagh-1,and something like the hoot/shkval is around 6-7 times longer and 20 times heavier than the falagh-1.
Its really only the newest facs based on the blade tunner type hulls that could be fitted with a heavy weight torpedo like the hoot,tho there were some older torpedo carrying facs,the tir class,from the same era as the peykaap fac designs that were built for torpedo use,tho these were noticeably larger than their ashcm carrying counterparts,and I suspect were likely not built in as anywhere near large numbers.
FRWOElO.jpg

Ultimately tho something like the hoot would be better deployed from minisubs hiding in the littorals.

Not enough room length-wise for 533mm torpedos or Hoot.
380mm torpedoes are shorter and are more suitable for using on boats than something like falaq-1.
boats needs something that can home on targets falaq is 1.3m long a torpedo like Italian A244-s is twice that and I believe the boat have enough room for it and we poses that torpedo and it can attack targets to 6km away and as deep as 600m underwater .now i wonder how much falaq-1 can go if fired horizontally?
or K745 Blue Shark from south korea also has only twice the length of falaq and can be fit inside the boat and can go up to 19km or ET52 or mark 46 or Mark 43 torpedoes all can be fitted inside the boat (to boat probably can only house two of them but it will be a lot more practical

or if you say they don't fit then such designs will certainly fit inside the boat it can carry 6 even more of them

5275956.jpg

5275955.jpg

An interesting design
I believe it was unmanned to!

I believe it was unmanned to!
Yes,I read that,and indeed looking at the boat I`d say that the object(s) mounted on top of the cockpit roof is very likely an optronic system for this purpose.The boat next to it thats still under construction looks to also have a lot of roof mounted hardware as well.
Interesting

Back
Top Bottom