What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Really awesome,
But four packed missiles of which missile exactly?. 9 Dey missile?. Until now it is the only quad packed missile we have seen until now.
Likely this SAM that was shown next to a TELAR before:
20230830_193756.jpg
20230830_193715.jpg

^ It roughly resembles an AIM-9X Sidewinder AAM but might actually be command guided.
Anyway that vehicle equipped with radar and missiles is really impressive. It might be illuminator radar. Which would be the search radar of the system?. It is really impressive, that antenna must have a high peak power and a great range.
Its radar is both a search and illumination radar. Both AESA and PESA radar options exist for this system. The one above is the AESA version and this is the PESA variant:
20230830_195336.png

Really awesome,
But four packed missiles of which missile exactly?. 9 Dey missile?. Until now it is the only quad packed missile we have seen until now.

Anyway that vehicle equipped with radar and missiles is really impressive. It might be illuminator radar. Which would be the search radar of the system?. It is really impressive, that antenna must have a high peak power and a great range.

I stated before, don t trust in OSINT stuff... Iran is lying for best in it s specifications. Iran military is not naive. I think they can reach hundreds of kilometers to hypersonic missiles. i think they guide their missiles with very new technologies.

The best thing of Iran, is no one has idea of their technologies.

Its radar is both a search and illumination radar. Both AESA and PESA radar options exist for this system. The one above is the AESA version and this is the PESA variant:
So one battery could be;
1 vehicle with search radar + illuminator radar (x3 launchers) + 2 (3¿?) TELAR vehicles each (6 missiles canisters?). I see no dedicated C2 vehicle for the SAM System.

It is really impressive. Next step should be fit a small IRST seeker like SM2IIIB. Would give more chances to hit VLO aircrafts/UAVs.

So one battery could be;
1 vehicle with search radar + illuminator radar (x3 launchers) + 2 (3¿?) TELAR vehicles each (6 missiles canisters?). I see no dedicated C2 vehicle for the SAM System.

It is really impressive. Next step should be fit a small IRST seeker like SM2IIIB. Would give more chances to hit VLO aircrafts/UAVs.
Possible. If a 'Tactical Sayyad' battalion has a similar structure as 3rd Khordad, it could be as follows:

4 batteries per battalion, each battery consisting of 1 TELAR (3 S-3 each) and 2 TELs (6 S-3 each)
Which would give us 15 S-3 per battery or 60 S-3 per battalion

If we replace all S-3 on the TELARs with 12 of the new 'self-defense' SR-SAMs, we get:

12 SR-SAMs and 12 S-3 per battery or 36 SR-SAMs and 36 S-3 per battalion

A battalion could of course have a different structure than this.

Possible. If a 'Tactical Sayyad' battalion has a similar structure as 3rd Khordad, it could be as follows:

4 batteries per battalion, each battery consisting of 1 TELAR (3 S-3 each) and 2 TELs (6 S-3 each)
Which would give us 15 S-3 per battery or 60 S-3 per battalion

If we replace all S-3 on the TELARs with 12 of the new 'self-defense' SR-SAMs, we get:

12 SR-SAMs and 12 S-3 per battery or 36 SR-SAMs and 36 S-3 per battalion

A battalion could of course have a different structure than this.
to me Tactical sayyad is more useful to be used for ambushes instead of being part of a battalion

What would be the point of this? Now you have one SHORAD TELAR following another longer range Sayyad TELAR. Increasing footprint and detection. Remember SR-SAM has only range of <20KM so it needs to be VERY close to long range TELAR to protect.

The whole point of having a couple of SR-SAM inside the same TELAR is fail safe mechanism in case a CM/PGM/Kamikaze drone makes it thru the IADS envelope. It’s to to save the high end system that’s being targeted.

Or else you would have Iranian Pantsir/TOR-M1/Zoubin fill the SHORAD role.

What would be the point of this? Now you have one SHORAD TELAR following another longer range Sayyad TELAR. Increasing footprint and detection. Remember SR-SAM has only range of <20KM so it needs to be VERY close to long range TELAR to protect.

The whole point of having a couple of SR-SAM inside the same TELAR is fail safe mechanism in case a CM/PGM/Kamikaze drone makes it thru the IADS envelope. It’s to to save the high end system that’s being targeted.

Or else you would have Iranian Pantsir/TOR-M1/Zoubin fill the SHORAD role.
I described that layout to demonstrate the amount of firepower a battalion could retain even if SR-SAMs enter the game. This might be similar to 3rd Khordad's approach with 9th Dey. Your layout would be more resilient of course and is the more likely one to be adopted.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom