What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

These are some silly questions. If the US can send in F-22 into the Iranian airspace many times I think they will use the F-35 whenever they need to. After all, it's an offensive weapon system designed to fight. F-35 is also not "inferior" to the F-22.. In many ways, the F-35 uses more advanced tech than the F-22 as it was build after about two decades, but then there are a few things kept away from people's view limited to only F-22 due to it's role, Iranian AD is just as ineffective against the F-35 than it was against the F-22.

I think I've read reports that Israel has used the F-35 already a few times to penetrate the Iranian airspace. I also read on an Israeli forum that there were constant combat missions being flown by the F-35's and that did include deep penetration into Iranian airspace for a future conflict. Seems like they've created a full map of ingress and egress when need be.

I think I've read reports that Israel has used the F-35 already a few times to penetrate the Iranian airspace. I also read on an Israeli forum that there were constant combat missions being flown by the F-35's and that did include deep penetration into Iranian airspace for a future conflict. Seems like they've created a full map of ingress and egress when need be.
Israeli primitive propaganda, same as their claim they've struck a bavar-373 in Syria, which isn't even deployed in Iran yet

Israeli primitive propaganda, same as their claim they've struck a bavar-373 in Syria, which isn't even deployed in Iran yet

I don't deny that there is propaganda on all ends. But here's the question, Syria has similar air defenses in place. The Israelis tamper with their AD's almost on weekly basis at will. What makes you think they can't penetrate Iran's? We know just in the past few years alone, the US's been going in and out and that F-22 encounter was an example. So why do you think they can't penetrate?

You mean that F-22 in 2013? Yes, at that time Iran radar wasnt that good what it is today.
US never send F22 in Iran air space,they claimed they came fly above F4 in international airspace in P.Gulf but that is joke,if that happen they would publish video everywhere like every time they actualy did something...just as Israel,every time they had something they show it 1 hour later,rest is wet dreams....

Based on reports from 2013 and USAF claims, which can't be verified. Even if the story were true, Iran's AD posture has improved significantly since the 2010s. The country is flooded with long-wavelength LR EW radars now and has capable ADS close to the border with powerful EO/IIR sensors (e.g. 3rd Khordad). A F-22 or F-35 attempting to enter Iranian airspace would likely be exposed to emissions by these lower band radars from multiple angles. Since "stealth" fighters are not optimized against longer wavelength radars and the fighters wouldn't face most radars from an optimal angle (large country, radars spread all over the place), they won't be invisible to Iran's IADS, as shown in this open-source model. The point wasn't that "stealth" is "crap" or doesn't play a role but that a F-35 entering Iranian airspace undetected and carrying out strikes on HVTs undisturbed before returning home will only work in Hollywood.
First, we do not care if anyone 'verify' anything we said and/or any event in the air at that time. In that event, if Iranian GCI radars detected the F-22, there would have been corresponding responses, such as additional EM activities or even the Iranian F-4s changed their courses.

Second, the 'long wavelength' argument remains unsubstantiated OUTSIDE of the labs. Technically speaking, yes. But the real world is seldom as environmentally clean as the scientists would have us believe. Of all the countries that can test their theories using a genuine low radar observable body and not software simulation? Errr...None, except US. And you think we do not know how to create that 'long wavelength' environment to refine our tactics?

By the way, how is that Iranian 'stealth' fighter coming?

Question remains, would have USA allowed Israeli F-35 to risk a crash in Iranian airspace?
Let us follow this line of argument.

1. Israel did what they wanted independent of what we wanted.

2. Both countries are confident that Iranian radars cannot detect the F-35 and 'allowed' the incursion.

Your choice.

Last edited:
US never send F22 in Iran air space,they claimed they came fly above F4 in international airspace in P.Gulf but that is joke,if that happen they would publish video everywhere like every time they actualy did something...just as Israel,every time they had something they show it 1 hour later,rest is wet dreams....
The US drone was in international airspace. Iran GCI controllers sent F-4 interceptors. Were the Iranian F-4s inside Iranian airspace? Or were all three in international airspace? Legally speaking, the Iranian F-4s can fly in international airspace just like the American drone did.

We are still waiting for any evidence of it, just like evidence of those F35 fly over Tehran or USA disabled our air defense after Ain-al-Asad or that truck you parked on deck of your carrier actually managed to shoot down our drones
The point of being low radar observable is NOT to leave any evidence. Until it is too late for the other guy, of course.

I don't deny that there is propaganda on all ends. But here's the question, Syria has similar air defenses in place. The Israelis tamper with their AD's almost on weekly basis at will. What makes you think they can't penetrate Iran's? We know just in the past few years alone, the US's been going in and out and that F-22 encounter was an example. So why do you think they can't penetrate?
Syria AD isn't at all similar to Iran's one, let alone radars, they fully rely on Russian and soviet era systems bought off the shelf that are decoded since decades by NATO/US, dunno what makes you think that Syria has a similar AD to Iran, if you are talking of Iran AD in 2010 then its a more valable claim

Alleged F-22 encounter wasn't even in Iran airspace and yet they managed to make a Hollywood scenario off of it, actually no encounter or intrusion backed with proofs was made inside Iran since the end of the Iran Iraq war, there were surely non-detected intrusions made during Afghanistan invasion in the early/late 2000s but since then a lot evolved

When Israel shot down a drone over their own airspace using an F-35, they immediately released a video from the F-35 perspective to boast about it, so meanwhile they are flying for 2 whole hours over Tehran and even throwing bombs on factories without being detected at all and what we get as a proof is..words coming from an anonymous source posted on a Kuwaiti outlet, not even a short video to boast about it and make Iran AD and radars look ridiculous

Considering that just now it has been released on Twitter about the psychological warfare operations the US military has been conducting with Twitters support before Elon Musk's takeover is worth mentioning regarding this F-22 claim that has no recording or evidence of.

These are some silly questions. If the US can send in F-22 into the Iranian airspace many times I think they will use the F-35 whenever they need to. After all, it's an offensive weapon system designed to fight. F-35 is also not "inferior" to the F-22.. In many ways, the F-35 uses more advanced tech than the F-22 as it was build after about two decades, but then there are a few things kept away from people's view limited to only F-22 due to it's role, Iranian AD is just as ineffective against the F-35 than it was against the F-22.

Day dreaming by a clueless aerospace wannabe . . . . Deep penetration, how deep is deep? How did those flying junks got refueled on such d e e e e p penetrations and where? Then some more, they created full map of ingress and egress? That calls for a big party in the Jew-dome for an accomplishment that even the mighty US air force couldn't achieve.

Dude, get a pill, you're talking nonsense . .

Day dreaming by a clueless aerospace wannabe . . . . Deep penetration, how deep is deep? How did those flying junks got refueled on such d e e e e p penetrations and where? Then some more, they created full map of ingress and egress? That calls for a big party in the Jew-dome for an accomplishment that even the mighty US air force couldn't achieve.

Dude, get a pill, you're talking nonsense . .
I actually wonder how some people really believe these stories

Or saying Iran AD is similar to Syria's one

First, we do not care if anyone 'verify' anything we said and/or any event in the air at that time. In that event, if Iranian GCI radars detected the F-22, there would have been corresponding responses, such as additional EM activities or even the Iranian F-4s changed their courses.
If the story is true, yes. But even then, that was in 2013. Iran's IADS was much less capable than it is today. Iranian EW radars were rather rare and less sophisticated. Most of the AD and radar systems which build the backbone of Iran's IADS today were either not mass-produced or not even developed back then. Iran has come a long way when it comes to radar and AD technology since the 2010s and is flooded with mobile VHF EW radars. You can't compare a 2013 Iran relying on few, mostly obsolete Soviet-era radars with Iran in 2022.
Second, the 'long wavelength' argument remains unsubstantiated OUTSIDE of the labs. Technically speaking, yes. But the real world is seldom as environmentally clean as the scientists would have us believe. Of all the countries that can test their theories using a genuine low radar observable body and not software simulation? Errr...None, except US.
Same is true for "stealth" fighters though. They would also have to face Iran's IADS in a real world scenario, not in a simulated environment. It goes both ways.
And you think we do not know how to create that 'long wavelength' environment to refine our tactics?
So basically a "don't you think we have an ace up our sleeves?" argument.

How is that Iranian 'stealth' fighter coming?
The truth is: Fighterplanes will be obsolete in near future after flying tanks enter the chat.

Edit: I know that most of the readers do not understand. So here are the hints:

1. Armor what is now in development is up to 1000 times lighter as the armor what is normally used in todays tanks but equally strong (or even better)
2. Lasers what are now in development will be 10-50 times stronger as the lasers what are today used succsessfully at CRAM and will be perfect for the APS of flying tanks (missiles? What missiles?)
3. Hydrogen and future fuel cell technics will provide lots of energy while itself be lightwheight

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom