What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

I often asked the question about the number 3 because often we see combinations of 3 in their things. Here is an answer that I found:

In Iranian traditions, the number three appears most often endowed with a magico-religious character. We already notice the presence of this figure in the religion of ancient Iran whose triple motto is: Good thought, good speech and good action; these three bûkht are also designated as the three saviors. Bad thought, bad word, and bad action are attributed to the Spirit of Evil. (Mazdeism)

Attachments

• 66.JPG
    66.JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 236
So the Mersad system, based on the hawk, has missile canisters now ?
Yes,the new missiles airframe is based on the rim66/mehrab sam and uses a modified version of the sayyad launcher,except that this version is capable of 360 degree rotation and low angle of elevation missile shots plus it mounts 6 canisters rather than 4.
Its certainly a huge improvement over the old hawk/mersad sam,as not only has the fire control system been completely modernised but the search and fire control radars have been vehicle mounted for true shoot and scoot capability and the number of ready to fire missiles doubled.

Could the reasoning behind utilizing a 6 missile TEL Mersad be due to a recent focus by Iranian military planners wanting to combat saturation attacks more effectively?

Yes,the new missiles airframe is based on the rim66/mehrab sam and uses a modified version of the sayyad launcher,except that this version is capable of 360 degree rotation and low angle of elevation missile shots plus it mounts 6 canisters rather than 4.
Its certainly a huge improvement over the old hawk/mersad sam,as not only has the fire control system been completely modernised but the search and fire control radars have been vehicle mounted for true shoot and scoot capability and the number of ready to fire missiles doubled.
That's what I initially thought, but upon closer inspection I actually think it's a Hawk/Salamcheh airframe, with RIM-66 style control surfaces and nosecone. The giveaway is the cable duct.

They did a similar job on Fakour. I wrote an article about that: https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2018/07/analysis-fakour-air-to-air-missile.html

Mersad-16

upload_2019-11-23_12-2-52.png

Hawk

rapir.jpg3.jpg

SM-1

EKDdjt5WwAAjKsS

That's what I initially thought, but upon closer inspection I actually think it's a Hawk/Salamcheh airframe, with RIM-66 style control surfaces and nosecone. The giveaway is the cable duct.

They did a similar job on Fakour. I wrote an article about that: https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2018/07/analysis-fakour-air-to-air-missile.html

Mersad-16

View attachment 591228

Hawk

rapir.jpg3.jpg

SM-1

EKDdjt5WwAAjKsS

Standard is significantly faster than Hawk during both launch and intercept times, and its flying profile is conspicuously different from the Hawk. Mersad-16 is with no doubt using the Missile from Hawk system, clear from the footage. The question is why?

Damascus gave Iran advanced Israeli missile captured in Syria: Russian media
The Syrian military did not give Russia the advanced Israeli surface-to-air missile that landed inside Syria in July 2018, the Russian aviation publication Avia.Pro reported on Thursday.
Instead, the Russian publication claims that Damascus transferred the Israeli missile to Iran, who, in turn, plans to reverse engineer the projectile.
“As it turned out, the missile did not go to Moscow, but to Iran, which means serious problems for Israel against the backdrop of an escalation of the situation with the Islamic Republic,” Avia.Pro reported.
“In fact, the missile did not go to Russia at all, but to Iran On this day, the Iranian cargo Il-76 was at Damascus International Airport, and could very well have delivered the Israeli missile defense system to Iran to study its capabilities,” they said, citing a military expert.
“Russia’s interest in foreign military technology is quite obvious, but for Iran, this missile allows reveals features of the Israeli missile defense system. If Tehran really took possession of such a missile, then the reliability of Israeli air defense systems is in question, even if the missile defense has been seriously damaged,” they added.
https://www.almasdarnews.com/articl...aeli-missile-captured-in-syria-russian-media/

http://avia.pro/news/zahvachennaya-v-sirii-sekretnaya-izrailskaya-raketa-popala-ne-v-rossiyu-v-iran

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom