What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

EKCOTH7WkAAQ-UY.jpg:large

Could the previous AD based systems using the same containers rotate?

I think this is the first AD system using those containers that can rotate 180 degrees or minimum of 90 degrees.

Could the previous AD based systems using the same containers rotate?

I think this is the first AD system using those containers that can rotate 180 degrees or minimum of 90 degrees.
If you mean the sayyad 2/15th khordad launchers,then yes they could likely rotate a maximum of 270 degrees,this one however can rotate a full 360 degres thanks to the blast deflector behind the cabin.

Ofoogh-3 fire control radar was finally shown.

Ofoogh-2 was still a continuous wave radar to support S-200 and Sayyad-2M engagements.

The Ofoogh-3 should be tailored for the Talash-3's Sayyad-3 and has it's closest analogue in the S-300V engagement radar. It's a pseudo continuous wave radar that supports tracking out to the maximum SD-3 range of 120km.

In that sense: The system tested during the maneuver was a 15th Khordad with Najm-804 phased array acquisition radar and (here called) Ofoogh-3, the engagement radar.
Ofoogh-3 is a byproduct of early Bavar demonstrators that came short to make it to the wining Bavar-373 design.

This system might be the most cost-efficient long range (120km) SAM systems in the world:
- No large caliber missile
- No active seeker
- No TVC system
- No X-band phased array, whether active or passive
- No high-power S-/L-band array for acquisition radar
- Cost efficient, reliable truck
- Containerized, sealed, ready to fire missile

While it still has the benefit of high situational awareness via phased array Najm-804 radar and dual-band engagement capability.
Weak point is only the relative low kinematic performance at max. missile range. Like the Americans with the SM-2, much optimization work was done to give a relative light missile such a long range.

great news. i can't wait to see them on toofan and raad MRAPs.:smitten::smitten:

hi yes it really is, i missed you guys but im back :smitten:

Very good news...i appreciated the development... We know iranians also pioneer in laser tech...

yes it took almost 2 decades i think but just like stem cells we started early

The new transporter erector launcher (TEL) of Iran's upgraded 'Mersad' air defense system equipped with an unknown type of missile.

View attachment 590863

the missile name for this system is Shalamche-2

Ofoogh-3 fire control radar was finally shown.

Ofoogh-2 was still a continuous wave radar to support S-200 and Sayyad-2M engagements.

The Ofoogh-3 should be tailored for the Talash-3's Sayyad-3 and has it's closest analogue in the S-300V engagement radar. It's a pseudo continuous wave radar that supports tracking out to the maximum SD-3 range of 120km.

In that sense: The system tested during the maneuver was a 15th Khordad with Najm-804 phased array acquisition radar and (here called) Ofoogh-3, the engagement radar.
Ofoogh-3 is a byproduct of early Bavar demonstrators that came short to make it to the wining Bavar-373 design.

This system might be the most cost-efficient long range (120km) SAM systems in the world:
- No large caliber missile
- No active seeker
- No TVC system
- No X-band phased array, whether active or passive
- No high-power S-/L-band array for acquisition radar
- Cost efficient, reliable truck
- Containerized, sealed, ready to fire missile

While it still has the benefit of high situational awareness via phased array Najm-804 radar and dual-band engagement capability.
Weak point is only the relative low kinematic performance at max. missile range. Like the Americans with the SM-2, much optimization work was done to give a relative light missile such a long range.

are you talking about this radar?

is that the Ofoogh-3????

856556_550.jpg

856501_873.jpg

Mersad-16 is with no doubt using the Missile from Hawk system, clear from the footage. The question is why?
It's much cheaper and easier to modify the Hawk design a bit than copy the SM-1, since Iran already makes the Hawk (as Salamcheh) in large numbers.

It's much cheaper and easier to modify the Hawk design a bit than copy the SM-1, since Iran already makes the Hawk (as Salamcheh) in large numbers.
We also have vast experience in modifying and working with standard missile and to be honnest I think standard have far more potential than hawk .

Back
Top Bottom