What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

unlike rq-170 case, it would be risky to hack the drone. it was too close to strategic places.

Not sure how that works. If you hacked it, it wouldn't matter. If you can hack drones from Syria you can hack it from few miles away from Iran.

Infographic shows the flight path of the US spy drone before IRGC shoots down the unmanned aircraft.

D9hm4h5X4AIdzGm.jpg

"War of waves" first documentary about the history and evolution of Iran (IRGC) air defense systems:
نبرد امواج - برنامه سیاسی تاریخی شبکه مستند سیما - 30 خرداد 1398

has some news scenes and stories! when Chinese were begging Iran to enlighten the capabilities of their retired system which they sold to Iran (HQ-2)!

mouse pointer!
radar screen.jpg

radar1.jpg

radar2.jpg

Perhaps I would translate it later.

Infographic shows the flight path of the US spy drone before IRGC shoots down the unmanned aircraft.

D9hm4h5X4AIdzGm.jpg
Global Hawk.jpg
Take off source: UAE, Al Dhafra Air Base

"War of waves" first documentary about the history and evolution of Iran (IRGC) air defense systems:
نبرد امواج - برنامه سیاسی تاریخی شبکه مستند سیما - 30 خرداد 1398

has some news scenes and stories! when Chinese were begging Iran to enlighten the capabilities of their retired system which they sold to Iran (HQ-2)!

mouse pointer!
View attachment 566073
View attachment 566071
View attachment 566072

Perhaps I would translate it later.

View attachment 566076Take off source: UAE, Al Dhafra Air Base

its good how we track the RQ_4 from its first take off moments

Iran could handle, if prepared enough, to knock out a swarm of 100-500 missiles at their ADS. That is what they have to prepare for, and for jamming and ECMs.

There aren't enough B1B bombers to do this with refueling, if Iran is prepared.

You would need a combined 2 carrier fleets with what you said to overwhelm a well prepared ADS using cruise missiles. 5 for only using JASSM.

ADS is most important because if the best, can prevent wars by there mere existence.

You have to make it super expensive and quite hard to knock out a battalion of ADS.

Radar guided ammunition will fill in the gaps when SAMs run out of missiles. The nuclear sites should have well over 100 SAMs (500 may not be enough) with additional radar guided bullets to protect the nuclear power plants. Some SAM systems have only 3-4, others have 12 SAMs.

A small operation of attacking Syria involved about 100 missiles fired at Assad's Syria. Imagine what is in store in an attack against Iran.

Iran had better prepared for more than 100, up to 500 or more to knock out the SAMs and nuclear power stations. And only do so under the cover of the best SAMs that can protect against ECMs.

Managing targets may be difficult in a 500 missile swarm attack.

Thanks. I am not familiar with Iran ADS capability. Hope you guys well prepared.

Thanks. I am not familiar with Iran ADS capability. Hope you guys well prepared.

Me neither (amateur interest enough to form an opinion), my hope is they are well prepared, they put a load of money into ADS, so I hope it is enough to prevent a full scale war.

I hear that their upgraded S-200s are a sight to behold.

They are so sure of the missile, they only fired one.... SAMS are usually fired in doubles.....

SAMs might be fired double against a fast moving agile target capable of EW and Jamming, but not against a slow moving drone with no maneuverability capabilities moving on a predictable trajectory.

And as far as I am aware Buk systems (type 3rd of Khordad are based off of) fire one missile at target.

SAMs might be fired double against a fast moving agile target capable of EW and Jamming, but not against a slow moving drone with no maneuverability capabilities moving on a predictable trajectory.

And as far as I am aware Buk systems (type 3rd of Khordad are based off of) fire one missile at target.

If you think 3rd Khordad is based on Buk... then you dont know what you are talking about..... 3rd Khordad is based on Standard missiles, thats why the lunchers have 3 missiles, rather than 4 o Buks.

Me neither (amateur interest enough to form an opinion), my hope is they are well prepared, they put a load of money into ADS, so I hope it is enough to prevent a full scale war.

I hear that their upgraded S-200s are a sight to behold.

you guys can go to this page and see the posts there i showed Iran Air defense lines to everyone from short range to longest range but now we have 18 lines of defense now you have to add 15th of Khordad to the list too.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranian-air-defense-systems.326173/page-168#post-11493656

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranian-air-defense-systems.326173/page-168#post-11493659

15th of Khordad Air defense system

combat readiness: less than 5 minutes

Radar: upgraded Navid (AESA) radar with a range of 150 km it can engage 4++ generation fighter jets and bombers and drones and ballistic missiles and cruises missile and it has a 85 km detection range for 5 generation fighter jets and bombers it can track and follow 6 targets and engage the same 6 targets simultaneously.

Missiles: Sayyad 2 and Sayyad 3 with a ranges of 75 km and 120 km

khordad-e1560147662240.jpg

3148944.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom