What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

@PeeD
Apparently your mentioned video is edited, maybe classified information.

A question, American ABM version of Patriot systems are using single-launchers :
download.png

And recently, Iran has shown something similar ;
Capture.JPG

Is that possible we have developed a short range-high altitude ABM system? I can't find a sensible reason to use a single-launcher air defense system, while we know that in case of a foreign attack, multiple launchers can defend airspace better with more chance against cruise attacks. Just wondering

@PeeD

A question, American ABM version of Patriot systems are using single-launchers :
download.png

View attachment 454428

Is that possible we have developed a short range-high altitude ABM system? I can't find a sensible reason to use a single-launcher air defense system, while we know that in case of a foreign attack, multiple launchers can defend airspace better with more chance against cruise attacks. Just wondering

Hot launch systems always expose neighboring missile canisters to hot gases. That's why in a professional training maneuver just single containers are used, or at least reduced number of containers. Its more a cosmetic thing, you rather want a factory-like missile instead one with burnmarks of test starts.

Patriot PAC-3 container has four smaller missiles, instead a large one, so with full loadout it has 16 interceptors per TEL.

@Serpentine

The system was not shown, just a missile (windtunnel model) which fits into the layout of short range high speed SAMs.

@AmirPatriot

One can tell quite much from those steel supersonic windtunnel models with some knowledge on missiles.

@PeeD

download.png

View attachment 454428

Similar to Chinese ks-1a by box launchers.
KS-1A-Box-TEL-Launch-1S.jpg

U2142P27T1D528159F26DT20081103181532.jpg

No. Bavar is more akin to S-300P series and yet very different. Iran didn't like the S-300V series, apparently because it's non TVC (booster excluded). The P series on the other hand has TVC to something like 40km of its full range.

@N_Al40

No, I hope someone uploads them.
I meant back in 90s we wanted both systems but in new deal we just asked for p series .. but V series are similar to Bavar at least I think ..

147176235250031700.jpg or-38007.jpg

The only missiles I saw were various steel models that did not specify as belonging to any particular system or giving much sense of scale or purpose.
If you look at around 1:35 on the video,you will see two missile models near the top of the screen which bare a striking resemblance to the bavar373 sam and the taer 2 sam
8x53k9.jpg

Fafnir@
what is the missile on the far right hand side of the image?
Rapier missile perhaps?
One on the bottom is a cruise type missile like tomahawk?

If you look at around 1:35 on the video,you will see two missile models near the top of the screen which bare a striking resemblance to the bavar373 sam and the taer 2 sam
8x53k9.jpg

That part of the video is about wind tunnels and those are models Iran used for wind tunnel testing....

Fafnir@
what is the missile on the far right hand side of the image?
Rapier missile perhaps?
One on the bottom is a cruise type missile like tomahawk?

They are models used in wind tunnel testing..... Nothing more! These were there too
upload_2018-2-18_12-23-50.png

Doesn't necessarily mean Iran is planning on building them...

The Tomahawk looking cruise missile is the most interesting one! I personally believe it's a bad Idea to have an engine hanging out of the bottom of a low flying cruise missile that has to travel long distances at low altitudes! And It's important that Iran designs a LACM that address that major flaw as the Russians have with their newer designs....

Right now a small shrapnel from an AAA even without a direct hit or a small bird flying at low altitude can totally blow up the engine of the Soumar!

این ها عرضه ندارند مشخص کنند که یک هواپیما مسافربری کجای ایران سقوط کرده ... ...

با این چرندیاتشون پس فردا ما رو وارد یک جنگ می کنند و بعد خودشان و عزیزانشون برای تحقیقات به بلاد متحد « شیطان بزرگ » می روند ...

این ها اگه واقعا راست می گفتند ، همون بمب اتمی که 20 سال اونقدر از جیب ملت براش پول خرج کردن و اونقدر تحریم به خاطرش به ملت تحریم کردن رو می ساختن ...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom